Sales this month

It's the impact of a growing worldwide recession due to Covid-19 I expect. Certainly my views are well down and zooms a rarity this month. Only 3 low value sales plus a 4th (PU) that was refunded  a couple of days later. Whether it picks up later in the year remains to be seen but with increasing restrictions over much of Europe it's not looking great.

I think there are an increasing number of buyers delaying when they report a sale to Alamy. I have three 2021 calendar sales (available to buy now) but I have not had the sales reported to Alamy as yet. Payment will no doubt take even longer.

From Alamy:

Check that there isn’t a license in place already by looking at your sales history in My Alamy. Remember, some customers confirm use after publication so it might take a few months for your sale to be processed.”

A lot of people have gone back to work since all of this started. They had to. That’s why I’m surprised of the image sales downturn. It was off some at first, to be expected, but I would have thought it would pick up slightly as time went on, rather than go down.

9 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

A lot of people have gone back to work since all of this started. They had to. That’s why I’m surprised of the image sales downturn. It was off some at first, to be expected, but I would have thought it would pick up slightly as time went on, rather than go down.

They may be back to work but I think publishing budgets are tighter.  The magazines I work with are all taking steps to reduce costs due to advertising still being down.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

They may be back to work but I think publishing budgets are tighter.  The magazines I work with are all taking steps to reduce costs due to advertising still being down.

To me the most telling (and troubling) sign is the dramatic fall in zooms. A lot of publishers appear to have stopped or postponed looking for images. Unfortunately, things are going to get worse before they get better economically, and this will no doubt continue to negatively affect Alamy and everyone else. Ultimately, I think -- or at least hope -- that a lot of good could come out of this global pandemic in the way of both economic and social changes, but that's a long way off.

Good start to the month then very little, things are generally better than I had expected given the circumstances, but a continuing longterm downward trajectory on income.

Edited by Bryan

3 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

. Ultimately, I think -- or at least hope -- that a lot of good could come out of this global pandemic in the way of both economic and social changes, but that's a long way off.

Indeed I hope you are right John, time for an overdue adjustment in our values and practices. 

53 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Indeed I hope you are right John, time for an overdue adjustment in our values and practices. 

Yes, it's high time for a major reset in both those departments. I'm not religious in the organized way, but perhaps the Cosmos is trying to tell us something. 🌞

11 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

From the horse’s mouth. You should know. I just gained some understanding. Never thought about advertising.
Speaking of which...I used to look at the newspaper inserts to see if there was anything I’d be interested in. They go straight into my bin now, without glancing at them, unless it’s a grocery ad special.

I've ordered a few things over the Internet, but it has been my seeking them out, not from ads. Mainly paint and watercolor paper.