Alamy website

awp

Question

Website was down all day yesterday 18th August and today I can't get my contributer dashboard up - all the links keep geing back the Alamy front page.

Assume it's not just me - any updates on when this will be sorted?

thanks.

Hi Awp,

There was a major power outage in London yesterday which affected all areas of our website. Out IT team has been working through the night to fix this. Whilst our website is now back up and running, there are still some areas of the site that are not back to full recovery. We will keep you all updated on the issue. 

Thanks,

Alamy 

58 minutes ago, awp said:

Website was down all day yesterday 18th August and today I can't get my contributer dashboard up - all the links keep geing back the Alamy front page.

Assume it's not just me - any updates on when this will be sorted?

thanks.

You have to clear caches of your browser.

And I agree with Paul, alamy, even if small crue these days to send a global mail to let us know what is happening, would have been nice

... maybe next time will do better

57 minutes ago, FRP said:

And I agree with Paul, alamy, even if small crue these days to send a global mail to let us know what is happening, would have been nice

... maybe next time will do better

Alamy's mail may be tied to the same server as the website.  My guess is that they would have done a global to all contributors and buyers, if they could have.  Instead, they communicated trough Twitter and Facebook (and maybe other ways that I am not aware of).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Alamy's mail may be tied to the same server as the website.  My guess is that they would have done a global to all contributors and buyers, if they could have.  Instead, they communicated trough Twitter and Facebook (and maybe other ways that I am not aware of).

+1

Allan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi Awp,

There was a major power outage in London yesterday which affected all areas of our website. Out IT team has been working through the night to fix this. Whilst our website is now back up and running, there are still some areas of the site that are not back to full recovery. We will keep you all updated on the issue. 

Thanks,

Alamy 

I hope everything was backed up because I don't want to have to re-upload files that had already been approved recently.

6 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

Clearing my cache worked.  There was news about this on the website yesterday after Alamy had a partial restoration, though not the hint to clear caches. 

That was one of the first things I tried when I noticed the problem.
Did not work.

My dashboard is up to date (20th August), but my 'your images' was last updated on the 17th August at 09:45.

I presume they have had more pressing things to attend to than updating views and zooms....

John.

10 hours ago, Stokie said:

My dashboard is up to date (20th August), but my 'your images' was last updated on the 17th August at 09:45.

I presume they have had more pressing things to attend to than updating views and zooms....

John.

Same here and for everyone, I guess.

I've just noticed I can't send attached files through Gmail and when I "asked Google",

I found that it's a major issue and there're discussions everywhere. ..

Could it be related to the recent events on the Internet causing problems to numerous websites?

Just wondering.

2 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Same here and for everyone, I guess.

I've just noticed I can't send attached files through Gmail and when I "asked Google",

I found that it's a major issue and there're discussions everywhere. ..

Could it be related to the recent events on the Internet causing problems to numerous websites?

Just wondering.

Yes, the update will be the same for everyone.

John.

Edited by Stokie

13 minutes ago, FRP said:

Well, over a week and still NO DASHBOARD working!!!!! impossible to do anything

what is going on???

any returns?

thanks

f

You have been told at least THREE times by different patient contributors to clear your cache. Plus Alamy on the technical Thread.  Have you done it  ???

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 2