Post a bad thing that happened in your life today

Ed Rooney

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Bad news for me yesterday. My niece’s cancer has spread & she won’t survive it. She’s less than 10 years younger than me.
As the youngest of three girls, I never had a baby sister, so my niece filled that spot. As a teenager, I often brought her to spend a day & night with me & spoiled her rotten. She’s the oldest of 5 & the only girl. She loved my attention & remembers to this day how much fun we had together in spite of her being 4-6 years old at the time.

My sister said when I brought Pam home from being with me, she was insufferable for a couple of days!

She’ll come home from the hospital in a couple of days & have Hospice (end of life) care. She lives a couple of hundred miles away from me.

So sorry to hear your bad news Betty.

Allan

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Bad news for me yesterday. My niece’s cancer has spread & she won’t survive it. She’s less than 10 years younger than me.
As the youngest of three girls, I never had a baby sister, so my niece filled that spot. As a teenager, I often brought her to spend a day & night with me & spoiled her rotten. She’s the oldest of 5 & the only girl. She loved my attention & remembers to this day how much fun we had together in spite of her being 4-6 years old at the time.

My sister said when I brought Pam home from being with me, she was insufferable for a couple of days!

She’ll come home from the hospital in a couple of days & have Hospice (end of life) care. She lives a couple of hundred miles away from me.

I am so sorry Betty. What terrible news.

• Love 1

Currently without my desktop PC, it's away being diagnosed and, hopefully, fixed.

Then the power supply to the laptop failed, so a computer free zone. Forced to watch TV, and, God forbid, read a book.

But, managed to fix the power supply, so have some browsing capability. Currently listening to The Folk Show as I type.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2024 at 08:51, Betty LaRue said:

Very sad Betty.  She was so fortunate to have you as her sweet aunt!  May her remaining time be filled with comfort and love.

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Very sad Betty.  She was so fortunate to have you as her sweet aunt!  May her remaining time be filled with comfort and love.

Thank you Michael. She is my only blood niece. I have 7 nephews.

31 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Very sorry to hear about your niece, Betty. It sounds as if she's receiving good care.

Thanks, John. Cancer is a bi**h. She’s my sister’s only daughter out of 5.

• Love 1

My niece passed this morning in the wee hours. Hospice set up her hospital bed at home & she used it for 10 hours.

Edited by Betty LaRue

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

My niece passed this morning in the wee hours. Hospice set up her hospital bed at home & she used it for 10 hours.

So sorry about your loss Betty.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Oh my -- so much sadness going on out there in KC.

21 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Betty I'm just catching up on the forum and so very sorry to hear of your loss.  Sincere condolences to you and your family, sending hugs and prayers also xx

Carol

Thanks, Carol.

Although great strides have been made in cancer treatments, we’re far from conquering it. But she was already stage 3 when it was discovered.

Catching it early is so important.

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thanks, Carol.

Although great strides have been made in cancer treatments, we’re far from conquering it. But she was already stage 3 when it was discovered.

Catching it early is so important.

Yes. Going for my sonogram tomorrow. Get them every 6 months and a mammogram once a year. I was stage two when my cancer was found and I am 23 years cancer-free after a difficult year of treatment and recovery.

Paulette

• Love 1

Not really bad news, but inconvenient and expensive.  My desktop computer has been pronounced life expired and needs to be replaced.  It sometimes starts without a problem, but sometimes I just get a pair of blank screens and need to restart it. The guys at the computer shop reckon that the graphics card is running way too hot and that they can't get replacement parts for such an old machine. 

It's served me well, so I can't complain too bitterly, but the thought of setting up a new machine, navigating Adobe's site, reinstalling my aged software, transferring my LR catalogue etc fills me with dread. A job for next week methinks.

Edited by Bryan

On 03/03/2024 at 10:16, NYCat said:

Yes. Going for my sonogram tomorrow. Get them every 6 months and a mammogram once a year. I was stage two when my cancer was found and I am 23 years cancer-free after a difficult year of treatment and recovery.

Paulette

20 years for me & still kickin’. And yes, the treatment was horrible. Family told me I looked poisoned. And I was. But so were the cancer cells. 

• Love 1

• Alamy locked this topic