I have had no new zooms for about 15 days now. Very unsual,  as my  zooms have been fairly consistent for years as has my ranking.  Three images sold in the same period (not zoomed, or at least zooms not registered). Anybody else experiencing the same crash in zooms numbers?

I very rarely get zooms, my CTR hovers at the .5 mark, being predominantly a press photographer, although I do have around 1700 stock pics.  When I get zooms, they mostly don't lead to a sale.  🤣

I expected lower zooms from CV-19,  as news is dominated by CV-19 and BLM coverage.  But not sure why such a drastic crash in June while they held up in April and May. 

I went for nearly 2 months without zooms, and in the past couple of days they shot up to their highest point in a year, including a run today on images I originally made in response to the economic downturn in 2008 - ironic that the bad economy that killed my zooms is now helping them. 

With the effects of the pandemic, it's not surprising things are bad. You're not alone seeing the effects. 

So far, June has been a very slow for zooms. CTR has taken nosedive as well. The month started off well with some very good sales but nothing since the 8th. Same pattern last month -- i.e. all my sales were at the beginning and end of the month with a big hole in the middle. There must be something going out there...

11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

So far, June has been a very slow for zooms. CTR has taken nosedive as well. The month started off well with some very good sales but nothing since the 8th. Same pattern last month -- i.e. all my sales were at the beginning and end of the month with a big hole in the middle. There must be something going out there...

I'm finding the same.  Sales at beginning and end.  I'm finding it is taking forever for sales to clear.

Jill

54 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

I'm finding the same.  Sales at beginning and end.  I'm finding it is taking forever for sales to clear.

Jill

It's a bit like a Tim Hortons doughnut -- nothing in the middle with all the sweet stuff around the edges.

"Slow to clear"? Well, that too if you eat too many of them. 🤢

9 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

It's a bit like a Tim Hortons doughnut -- nothing in the middle with all the sweet stuff around the edges.

"Slow to clear"? Well, that too if you eat too many of them. 🤢

but i like timbits, and am getting nothing in middle of the months

Just now, John Mitchell said:

That's because you live in Quebec -- everything is always the opposite there. 🙃

ah!  no longer there  🙂  

needed to try and find a bit of my grounding in this New world, and because Maritimes are still a no entry zone, i moved down the road to Ottawa.... started exploring last couple of days, the place is quiet normally, now it feels odd, but it's nice to see some open patios- and mandatory face covering in transit (not that i'm not walking everywhere)...  

20 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

My zooms have been lessening recently too, Marc. 

Andy, since most of your images are submitted as live news, zooms would not be much of a factor. 

Ed, unusually I disagree with you.  One of the several things I like about Alamy is that news pictures drop into stock.  This week, one of my old Brentwood FC pictures was purchased for a book published in Greece (Go figure).  I do get my news pictures, which are more than 90% of my work zoomed frequently.

My zooms  have remained steady, mostly due to my Dominic Cummings pictures but my searches have dropped by more than 50% recently.  

I don't usually get huge numbers of zooms, and most of my sales aren't zoomed. Views are down by around a third, but zooms during last month were up, and also this month so far. Interesting that some of this months zooms relate to recent uploads, but also some going back to 2017 when I joined Alamy and last year. A mixed bag. I suspect that in the present climate there will be ups and downs.

• Love 1

After an unusually low zoom count last month and none for the first ten days of this month I've recovered to now get back into double figures. Just two very disappointing sales so far this month, both $ with net result not large enough to visit the take-away coffee shop! ;)

20 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

ah!  no longer there  🙂  

needed to try and find a bit of my grounding in this New world, and because Maritimes are still a no entry zone, i moved down the road to Ottawa.... started exploring last couple of days, the place is quiet normally, now it feels odd, but it's nice to see some open patios- and mandatory face covering in transit (not that i'm not walking everywhere)...  

Bonne chance, mon ami. Ottawa sounds like a good choice for photography at this time of year.

A "timbit" sale popped up today, so hopefully the doughnut is starting to fill up. 🍩

• Love 1

9 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

With the caveat that live news images are given a lower ranking once they go into stock ;)

Really? Is that confirmed?

If this is so, then I s'pose it's because they are more likely to go in to stock with minimal keywords/tags and may (though less likely these days) be of lower tech quality?  Presuming that to be the case, then is their ranking 'reviewed' once their captions/tags, etc. have been attended to for regular stock?

I'm curious 'cos, though I now longer submit News (booted out unceremoniously with the changes!), I have changed quite a few images along the way , but left some with pretty much the original descriptions & tags. I shall have to go back and take a look now at which have tended to sell as stock and which never get viewed.

Edited by losdemas

5 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Bonne chance, mon ami. Ottawa sounds like a good choice for photography at this time of year.

A "timbit" sale popped up today, so hopefully the doughnut is starting to fill up. 🍩

Thanks...  still have to get my bearings around, it is extremely quiet, plus heat wave now so reduced movement.  Did have my first actual thing i saw advertised that "who i need to go capture this" shoot in 3 months yesterday.  Nothing great but it was fun, they turned the football stadium into a drive in for the week-end,  felt good to try a find some normalcy shot. Might go again on Sunday since they are showing a Star Wars movie.

2C33KT6.jpg

10 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

With the caveat that live news images are given a lower ranking once they go into stock ;)

You say that - many of my news pics which have gone to stock are very high in search results 

• Love 1