Images sold in April 2020

On 07/04/2020 at 08:51, MariaJ said:

Third sale this month, and a third PU.  I have my doubts about this one!

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 25-March-2020 ; End: 25-March-2025 ;

Household cleaning products used for disinfecting on a store shelf. Lysol disinfecting wipes and Pine-Sol. Stock Photo

That will sit nicely above someones fireplace!

I restricted all mine for PU... then had them unrestricted again as the value is nearly always higher than my average distro or newspaper sale, and there is always the chance to make more in the future from an infringement.

10 minutes ago, mickfly said:

That will sit nicely above someones fireplace!

I restricted all mine for PU... then had them unrestricted again as the value is nearly always higher than my average distro or newspaper sale, and there is always the chance to make more in the future from an infringement.

I've restricted some of my more artistic images that I may try to sell elsewhere, like POD sites.    But not this one!   I agree with you, I've also had much lower sales amounts through other categories, such as bulk discounts.

Edited by MariaJ

4 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Fire engines in front of Kallio firestation in Helsinki, Finland.

Gross $ 5.25, net $ 1.58. Finland, Editorial website. Royalty-free.

One of those snap shots I hesitated to upload. Therefore under pseudonym. $ 1.58 meets the artistic values of the image.

fire-engines-in-front-of-kallio-firestat

Exactly two months from the last sale.

This isn't a place to upload 'artistic' images, JaniMarkus. They rarely sell. However, 'bog-standard' editorial shots such as this most certainly do!

I doubt that $1.58 comes anywhere near meeting the commercial value of the image to the buyer. And I'm sure that, unless you were selling dozens of such value images per day, then this won't be buying you very much in Finland. As long as  low-value sales such as this are balanced with better-value ones, then they can be bearable, but $1.58 every two months?! 

So stop putting yourself down and upload more of the same! I wish you many more sales (of far better value!)☺️

On 07/04/2020 at 03:51, MariaJ said:

Third sale this month, and a third PU.  I have my doubts about this one!

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 25-March-2020 ; End: 25-March-2025 ;

Household cleaning products used for disinfecting on a store shelf. Lysol disinfecting wipes and Pine-Sol. Stock Photo

"I have my doubts about this one!" same. PU

a-bottle-of-hand-sanitizer-a-n95-respirator-face-mask-and-nitrile-disposable-gloves-isolated-on-a-white-background-2B9AYFH.jpg

Another PU, but, as Maria J says, still higher value than some other categories of sale.

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 02 April 2020
End: 02 April 2025

Interior view of Saint Mark's Basilica or the Basilica di San Marco the cathedral church of Venice, northern Italy

$ 19.99

interior-view-of-saint-marks-basilica-or-the-basilica-di-san-marco-D71WW0.jpg

Two sales today amounting to mid $$ so April is looking pretty good. This one is Edinburgh’s Signet Library during a New Year event.

edinburgh-scotland-uk-18th-jan-2018-val-

Edited by Sally
  • Love 1

Taiwanese woman on busy Taipei street wearing face mask to protect herself against the covid-19 coronavirus epidemic.

RF, mid-$$
Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media

Taiwan has been very lucky this far, no lockdown and less than 400 infections.

2B0B1TC.jpg

This was so good to see come into my sales this morning! $$$ for a book use direct exclusive sale! I will need everything I can get.  Yesterday, I got a letter from my state's Dept of Labor saying I did not qualify for unemployment assistance!!  They put the word out that the self employed can apply and get payments....but the "red tape" snagged me somehow.

USA Hershey PA Pennsylvania Hershey Park  roller coaster rollercoaster Fahrenheit Stock Photo

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

This was so good to see come into my sales this morning! $$$ for a book use direct exclusive sale! I will need everything I can get.  Yesterday, I got a letter from my state's Dept of Labor saying I did not qualify for unemployment assistance!!  They put the word out that the self employed can apply and get payments....but the "red tape" snagged me somehow.

USA Hershey PA Pennsylvania Hershey Park  roller coaster rollercoaster Fahrenheit Stock Photo

I so wanted to give you a smiley for the sale, but then...sorry to hear the bad news.

• Love 2

After a long time with no sales and zooms I had this sale yesterday.  Unfortunately, after the distributor's and Alamy's commission I basically sold it for nothing.

PPDY0K.jpg

• Love 2

Editorial website, low $. Delighted to wake up to 2 sales earlier this week, but the be$t one turned out to be balanced out by the refund of the original sale in January. So had to make do with this one. Better than nowt.

T5A0C5.jpg

• Love 1

Education - Australia - $$

I hope the buyer realises that this heritage-listed hotel burnt down to the ground in 2018. A complete heartache.

The drama in Australia is that there are plenty of these old pubs standing empty. The cost of bringing them up to speed with modern health and safety regulations is prohibitive. Especially regarding the electrics, while the buildings are made of wood. So they stand neglected and empty in all their splendour. A tragedy.

K61XT8.jpg

Edited by gvallee

Two came today like the

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Set decoration
Start: 08 April 2020
Duration: In perpetuity worldwide, common carrier, perpetuity plus “in context” ad/promo for use of the images as screens behind the singers for a live concert performance on a cruise ship.

for low $$$ each

Roxy Music and Eric Burdon, Madrid tour 1980, Musical concert poster Stock PhotoThe Police, Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers,  Musical concert poster. Life event in Madrid Stock Photo

Edited by Abiyoyo
Correcting $$$
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Country: World English Language ; Usage: iQ sale: Consumer goods client. Consumer products. Spot size,  Excludes advertising. Single design only. Repeat use within the terms of the license ;  Industry Sector: Entertainment & Leisure ;  Start: 10-April-2020 ; End: 10-April-2025

Lower-mid $$

John.

Pyramids, Giza, Egypt, North Africa

pyramids-giza-egypt-north-africa-M4JHER.jpg

• Love 4