1 hour ago, Barking said:

Still haven't found a way to show the image here...JCEH3C

My first ever $$$ sale..😁😁😁

Fingers crossed it doesn't get refunded

Drag and drop from its Alamy sales page

Alnwick gardens Stock Photo

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

This was licenced a few years ago. But the licence was for 5 years and allows re-use, so the publisher can re-use it again in that time frame without penalty.

So as I didn't post when the sale was notified, thought I'd post it now !

(it has had a re-use recently (in an article about the Mafia, the Chinese, and how the cultural mix is changing the culture.....)).

Street scene in the Chinatown area of Milan city, in Lombardy, Italy. Stock Photo

Street scene in the Chinatown area of Milan city, in Lombardy, Italy.

Well I have to say I'm chuffed to bits to actually be posting in this thread. I joined Alamy a few years back but only actively started contributing back in April last year (IIRC), made a mid $$ sale fairly quickly but nothing since until today. This afternoon I've licensed my second image and I'm even more thrilled it's for $$$.

W4J3HF.jpg

Country:Worldwide;Usage:Editorial;  Media: Television (editorial) ;  Print run: Unlimited transmissions ;  Placement: Use within body of show ;  Start: 10-March-2020 ; Duration: In perpetuity

• Love 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

This was licenced a few years ago. But the licence was for 5 years and allows re-use, so the publisher can re-use it again in that time frame without penalty.

So as I didn't post when the sale was notified, thought I'd post it now !

(it has had a re-use recently (in an article about the Mafia, the Chinese, and how the cultural mix is changing the culture.....)).

Street scene in the Chinatown area of Milan city, in Lombardy, Italy. Stock Photo

Street scene in the Chinatown area of Milan city, in Lombardy, Italy.

Looks like he is moving a box of Alamy files 🤪

One of 2 direct sales which dropped in today. Lowish $$, but tenth licence of this image by Alamy, and 14th overall. Image now exclusive to Alamy.

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement.Repeat use permitted
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 10 March 2020
End: 10 March 2025

greater-bilby-macrotis-lagotis-scavenging-at-night-BAHTKK.jpg

• Love 1

My first sale this month, personal use.  The beach at Ambleside Park in West Vancouver, taken and uploaded 6.5 years ago and sold for the first time.  It IS a long game!

Edit:  I just found out that this photo was zoomed the same day the sale was reported (Tuesday).  Is that supposed to happen for Personal Use?

Sunbathers enjoying the sandy beach at Ambleside Park in West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Beautiful summer day. - Stock Image

Edited by MariaJ

11 hours ago, Bionic said:

Well I have to say I'm chuffed to bits to actually be posting in this thread. I joined Alamy a few years back but only actively started contributing back in April last year (IIRC), made a mid $$ sale fairly quickly but nothing since until today. This afternoon I've licensed my second image and I'm even more thrilled it's for $$$.

W4J3HF.jpg

Country:Worldwide;Usage:Editorial;  Media: Television (editorial) ;  Print run: Unlimited transmissions ;  Placement: Use within body of show ;  Start: 10-March-2020 ; Duration: In perpetuity

I bet the owner of the truck harvester is not chuffed nor thrilled. Just shows the advantage of having your camera with you at all times because you never know when a photo opportunity will present.

Pollution of plastic bottles, cups, straws and other litter washing up on the beach at Jimbaran Bay, Bali Indonesia.

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Start: 10 March 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

Licensed mid $$

Pollution of plastic bottles, cups, straws and other litter washing up on the beach at Jimbaran Bay, Bali Indonesia. Stock Photo

Third sale ever and second in two day dropped in this afternoon. I’ve been going through a bit of a stressful period the last few months so it’s nice to have a bit of positive news for a change :)

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 11-March-2020 ; End: 11-March-2025 ; 
  Additional Details: Website, Social Media and App, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity.

a-cosentyx-150mg-secukinumab-auto-inject

Low (very low) $$ sale just popped up. The Scandinavian Star Memorial remembering those who died in the ferry fire, near the harbor in Oslo, Norway. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 11 March 2020
End: 11 March 2025
Single placement on a news website, includes archive rights in perpetuity. Includes use on social media as part of a link back to the original article; Duration: 1 week.

W0YGB2.jpg

On 11/03/2020 at 01:15, MariaJ said:

My first sale this month, personal use.  The beach at Ambleside Park in West Vancouver, taken and uploaded 6.5 years ago and sold for the first time.  It IS a long game!

Edit:  I just found out that this photo was zoomed the same day the sale was reported (Tuesday).  Is that supposed to happen for Personal Use?

Since it was presumably paid for with a credit card, I would hope so!

38 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Peacock butterfly - almost mid $$ for a magazine. I was surprised to see this butterfly flying in January.

peacock-butterfly-aglais-io-basking-on-a-silver-birch-tree-in-january-a-very-early-emergence-from-hibernation-due-to-unseasonal-warm-temperatures-2AKHR9H.jpg

They're one of the UK species that hibernate and can fly out in spells of warmer weather in winter.  In the mild South West I've seen Brimstone, Small Tortoiseshell and even Red Admiral out and about if the weather is warm enough. Whether they find any nectar sources is another matter.

5 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

They're one of the UK species that hibernate and can fly out in spells of warmer weather in winter.  In the mild South West I've seen Brimstone, Small Tortoiseshell and even Red Admiral out and about if the weather is warm enough. Whether they find any nectar sources is another matter.

Maybe the odd snowdrop! Actually I think more and more plants are flowering in the winter these days, but whether or not early butterflies happen to be anywhere near them is just luck.