Its all gone quiet ;-)

Ace

Question

How is your month stacking up ?

Was looking forward to a great last month but sadly its horrible out there for me 😊

Was up on $$$$ for the year and just needed a couple more sales to match last year.

Onwards ....

21 answers to this question

Yes, been very quiet the last couple of months. Yesterday I finally matched last year's number of sales, and am still about 2% behind on revenue. But way too many personal/presentation sales--it's easy to get the feeling that PU sales are replacing some regular sales.

Down to a trickle and lower values than August to November, but I think I'm finally seeing the benefit of shovelling 21,000 fairly varied images on Alamy for sale in that the counter ticks over quite frequently now.

And not a creature was stirring...

December has been slow, but sales trickle in, seven so far, which is somewhat below average for this time of the month.

I'm well above last year's totals for both sales and revenue so very pleased with 2019 overall.

Edited by John Mitchell

This month I haven’t made any sales...

last month was only one ☝️ sale...

However October was a great month and I exceeded last year’s sales. 
I hope that I have several sales before new year.  

Or everyone is on vacation?!

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Still eerily quiet here. Looks like 2019 may be going out with a whisper.

It's the same here - no sales since the 20th. Still, there's one more day to go - maybe there'll be a last minute rush!

I'm certainly hoping for a last minute rush - even a mini rush - tomorrow.  I only need one more sale to achieve a personal goal of a sale for every day of the year.  Currently on 364 so fingers firmly crossed*.

*When they not untwined to refresh the sales report, of course. 😊

Update:  Two in this morning.  I've achieved my goal for 2019 😁

Edited by John Richmond

Well... One sale this month, slowest month of the year! And one of those random coincidences, despite expanding my portfolio with a few hundred images, I sold 51 photos last year and 51 this year too. Gross revenue is down $300 though... Here's to a rash of sales in January and a successful 2020. Happy new year everyone!

Steve

45 sales in December so far and there are still a few hours to go, that is equal to the highest number of sales in a month this year BUT it is the lowest revenue month by more than $100 gross and I've had some pretty poor months in 2019. So many low value sales with no decent sales to compensate.  Getting very demoralised - I made more money in 2010 and every year since until this one.

Pearl

Well, I'm currently not winning any awards for sales at Alamy, but had two sales in the last week before Xmas, with the last on Christmas Eve.  Earlier this year I photographed a portion of my book collection (never get rid of a book), thinking it was kind of silly, but gave me something to do in bad weather.   In fact I've had several of these images sell.  For Christmas, someone got a pic of a fairly obscure book by Reinhold Niebuhr, and I got  50% on $70, so hopefully we're both happy.

Michael

W77EGD.jpg

7 hours ago, MilesbeforeIsleep said:

Well, I'm currently not winning any awards for sales at Alamy, but had two sales in the last week before Xmas, with the last on Christmas Eve.  Earlier this year I photographed a portion of my book collection (never get rid of a book), thinking it was kind of silly, but gave me something to do in bad weather.   In fact I've had several of these images sell.  For Christmas, someone got a pic of a fairly obscure book by Reinhold Niebuhr, and I got  50% on $70, so hopefully we're both happy.

Michael

W77EGD.jpg

It can be surprising what can sell. Well before I signed up with Alamy I had an image of a long closed book shop's paper bag used by the guardian on-line, lifted from Flickr. I was persistent but eventually was paid. Much more than I would have received if submitted and sold now under the UKNS.

Edited by sb photos