November Challenge "Empty"

meanderingemu

Unoccupied outdoor terrace of a taverna in the harbor of Naoussa,  situated on the Greek island of Paros.BTE286.jpg
Two white Adirondack chairs on a lawn overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in York Beach, Maine, USA.D0M9R4.jpg
Hochelaga railway yard, Montreal, province of Quebec, Canada.CT49WX.jpg

Edited by pierre rochon
  • Love 1

On 10/11/2019 at 10:52, hdh said:

On first view I almost thought this was mine, but yours is much better exposed.

(dont want to clutter the thread with unrelated pictures, mine is in https://c7.alamy.com/comp/F6TA43/futuristic-tunnel-in-london-bridge-tube-station-F6TA43.jpg)

I saw you keyworded as Piccadilly Circus Tube, I believe this may actually be London Bridge. 

Yes, you are right it is from London Bridge. Thanks.

HA great theme this month, here's my three:

2A90MJ3.jpg

The Hotel Goričina, one of five derelict hotels at Kupari Bay, Croatia, commonly known as The Bay of Abandoned Hotels. Just 10km from Dubrovnik the difference between the two resorts couldn't be starker. The bay was formerly an upmarket hotel and villa complex for the Yugoslavian military elite and their families. The same people destroyed and looted the hotels during the Yugoslav Wars which took place between March 1991 and November 1995. It seems strange but It's a great place to visit, away from the maddening crowds in Dubrovnik.

KKB6EW.jpg

A Police Officer holding a handful of used Nitrous Oxide or Laughing Gas whippets which is regularly used as a recreational drug. I heard the term 'doing balloons' in work, a few months back, and had no idea what the that meant, until one of the youngsters, I work with, put me straight. Apparently the gas is normally emptied, from the whippet, into a balloon before being inhaled.

F1KNXR.jpg

Just an old, outgrown lizard skin

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Steve Hyde said:

HA great theme this month, here's my three:

2A90MJ3.jpg

The Hotel Goričina, one of five derelict hotels at Kupari Bay, Croatia, commonly known as The Bay of Abandoned Hotels. Just 10km from Dubrovnik the difference between the two resorts couldn't be starker. The bay was formerly an upmarket hotel and villa complex for the Yugoslavian military elite and their families. The same people destroyed and looted the hotels during the Yugoslav Wars which took place between March 1991 and November 1995. It seems strange but It's a great place to visit, away from the maddening crowds in Dubrovnik.

thanks for the info, i'll have to go and see it next time I am around.  I love these brutalist buildings.  

Congrats on your win and great challenge concept - lots of great interpretations so far. Here is my effort. 

Empty Fuel Pump:

usa-28th-october-2012-the-night-before-hurricane-sandy-was-expected-CM8MXJ.jpg

Empty boat:

old-wooden-boat-salt-pond-eastham-cape-cod-massachusetts-usa-in-the-F56E2M.jpg

and the obligatory empty chair (or two....on an empty beach):

summer-in-the-hamptons-ponquogue-beach-hampton-bays-new-york-blue-EAJ1HM.jpg

• Love 2

thanks for all the nice comments.  

many wonderful entries already, this is going to be tough.....  some great interpretations, some totally unexpected  (one i was expecting however not appearing yet 😉 but still early)

keep them coming, and make my life harder...

3 hours ago, Olivier Parent said:

Empty bed in a nursing home after somebody is gone

hospital-bed-C3AK32.jpg

OMG How sad is that. It was a bit of a shock to me personally simply because of the teddies being included.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The gates to Magic Mountain amusement park that is closed for the winter G3W620

The entrance to Six Flags Magic Mountain in Santa Clarita California Stock Photo

Old rusty unused and empty mailbox in rural California T3DDTK

An old empty mailbox in Central California's Diablo Mountain Range spring 2019 USA Stock Photo

Empty road in the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains of California F4XDNY

Highway 158 in the Eastern Sierra Nevada mountains of California called the June Lake loop. Stock Photo

• Love 2

22 hours ago, Johnnie5 said:

Old rusty unused and empty mailbox in rural California T3DDTK

An old empty mailbox in Central California's Diablo Mountain Range spring 2019 USA Stock Photo

That would be worth a lot of money in England.

Allan