August 2019 Favorite Uploads

Regis

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 05:23, AlbertSnapper said:

I'm not particularly proud of my photos, but I do like this one..

(even tho I'd rather the bear be in their natural habitat).

Children marvel at the polar bear swimming underwater in its enclosure. Budapest Zoo, Hungary. Stock Photo

Wonderful image.

Chuck

11 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Wonderful image.

Chuck

Absolutely! But a bit sparse with keywords describing the children. Age? Ethnicity? Diversity?

Also be sure to check in All of Alamy what clients are looking for when they use the keyword marvel. (It's pretty easy to guess, but I had no idea it was that clear.)

In https://www.alamy.com/Customersearch/Customersearchhistory.aspx set the date back as far as possible;

use %marvel% as the search term; click on UCO to see the most used keywords / search phrases first.

While you're at it, try %child%zoo% and %zoo%child%.

Ouch! - I would have thought it would be a wonderful subject too.

So maybe the conceptual keywords learning and interacting will have to do the heavy lifting.

Try them in AoA to see how clients use those. Hmm.

Ok on the plus side there has been 1 search for zoo polar bear children in AoA for the running year. And this little series of three do stand out. However this specific image somehow is the last of the three. Still on 5th row (@100/page @10/ row) which is not too bad.  There are one or two strong contenders on the page though.

Only 219 images of polar bears and children in a zoo anyway. Wow!

And not all images show polar bears of course. Nor are all images showing children. Like also on that first page:

Animals from the Wilhelma Zoo in Stuttgart - Stock Image  Animals from the Wilhelma Zoo in Stuttgart - Stock Image  Family resting in a green area in the Shanghai Zoo. Shanghai Zoo is the main zoological garden in Changning District in the Chin - Stock Image  Animal cartoon flat set labels print Winter New year theme, great design for 2019 calendar, Christmas sticker icon, happy birthday party fun card, xmas holiday banner - Stock Image  Duck at Zoo Park in Moscow, Russia - Stock Image  Boys Jumping Rope In A Rural Village Near Phobjikha, Bhutan - Stock Image

First page for zoo polar bear children remember.

AlbertSnapper, Chuck, great image but keywording this one is not easy.

wim

Edited by wiskerke
typo

On 16/08/2019 at 10:03, Matt Ashmore said:

I posted this here yesterday and in today's metrics, I see it was also zoomed yesterday. Coincidence??

Does no harm to show off your wares! Probably a good idea to embed a link with each image?

On 20/08/2019 at 13:20, wiskerke said:

Absolutely! But a bit sparse with keywords describing the children. Age? Ethnicity? Diversity?

I want to employ Wim. Thanks for the tips and help.

I am sure many of us gain from your experience and skill.

Now back to improving my keywording...

Phil

2 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I want to employ Wim. Thanks for the tips and help.

I am sure many of us gain from your experience and skill.

Now back to improving my keywording...

Phil

😀😁

Thank you!

The links and instructions were indeed included so that the other readers could follow our steps.

And as an encouragement to check even simple keywords sometimes.

Maybe we could coin a phrase here: what would The Client do?

- Answer: you never know. From yesterday's searches:

NOT umbrella [PH] [UK]
NOT the NOT longest NOT day
NOT money [PH]
NOT clinton

= 4 different searches.

wim

On 22/08/2019 at 21:36, wiskerke said:

😀😁

Thank you!

The links and instructions were indeed included so that the other readers could follow our steps.

And as an encouragement to check even simple keywords sometimes.

Maybe we could coin a phrase here: what would The Client do?

- Answer: you never know. From yesterday's searches:

NOT umbrella [PH] [UK]
NOT the NOT longest NOT day
NOT money [PH]
NOT clinton

= 4 different searches.

wim

Wim, I just saw that you're BHZ NUMBER 1 out of 3,090 images. Respect!!

Your tactics obviously work.

Gen

• Like 1

Love finding the little things underwater.

Sea snail crawling on sand, about 12mm shell length. It's always a challenge to capture the animal's eye.

live-sea-snail-shell-phos-textus-crawling-on-sand-underwater-showing-foot-syphon-and-eye-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-WB03N2.jpg

A very trusting shrimp, commensal on crinoids. and always the same colour as the host.

red-white-leopard-crinoid-shrimp-laomenes-pardus-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-WB03MT.jpg

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, Regis said:

At the beach near my place:

crocodile-warning-sign-on-the-beach-of-e

Are those PEOPLE in the water??? Maybe a shot with people more visible and keywords like "fool-hardy".

Paulette

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Are those PEOPLE in the water??? Maybe a shot with people more visible and keywords like "fool-hardy".

Paulette

Hi Paulette, 

Yes they are in the water.

And I can tell you that I have myself already seen crocodile just there and not far from there...

Yes, I am not really good at keywording...

When you put a word like "fool-hardy" do you put the hyphen or not?

Thank you for your time.

Regis

Edited by Regis
To ask a question...

I don't know for sure about the hyphen but it seems to me sometimes it just disappears in the tags. I bet someone else knows. I tend to do all possible versions. I just tried searching in Alamy for fool-hardy and the preferred version seems to be foolhardy. I didn't see any hyphens and sometimes fool and hardy were separated. I suspect that is from the old version of the image manager. This one seems to be pretty good at keeping words together if you are using a comma before and after.

Paulette

• Like 1