August 2019 Favorite Uploads

Regis

On 10/08/2019 at 02:23, AlbertSnapper said:

I'm not particularly proud of my photos, but I do like this one..

(even tho I'd rather the bear be in their natural habitat).

Children marvel at the polar bear swimming underwater in its enclosure. Budapest Zoo, Hungary. Stock Photo

Very nice composition and color.

On 10/08/2019 at 10:25, spacecadet said:

You weren't there on Monday afternoon, were you? We thought they were out of sight in the nice cool byre but a helpful child spotted, er, probably her, from a vantage point. Same pig, same Pockerley puddle....

Hi Mark

No, we were with relatives from Canada, and went there on Saturday 3rd? Lovely warm sunny day, but the weather has since deteriorated to the extent that my allotment is now a swamp.

13 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Great pic. That's one very happy-looking and lucky piggy. Over here, he most likely would spend his life crammed in an industrial barn with hundreds of his fellow inmates and never see the light of day.

That pig is fortunate to live at an outdoor museum John, although we do see, and smell, pigs being raised outdoors in these parts, possibly due to EEC regs regarding animal welfare, or maybe because outdoor reared comes at a premium price? 

Sunrise over a weatherfront 2 days ago.

I nearly stayed in bed when the alarm clock went off because I couldn't see any clouds from my place but forced myself to go. What a surprise to discover amazing cloud formations at my destination.

W8WNDM.jpg

I kid you not, it was THAT orange.

W8WNHM.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Sugar Mill Factory processing sugar cane 24/7 at the moment in Cairns.

Concept for air pollution / global warming.

W8WN9B.jpg

Hi Gvallee,

It that the Tully one?

My partner grew up in El Harish, next to Tully.

😀

Just now, Regis said:

Hi Gvallee,

It that the Tully one?

My partner grew up in El Harish, next to Tully.

😀

No Regis, it's Gordonvale, 20km south of Cairns.

It broke down last week...

Just now, gvallee said:

No Regis, it's Gordonvale, 20km south of Cairns.

It broke down last week...

You broke it???

😉

I haven't seen this one, I visited the Tully one three years ago.

Rather impressive.

Have a good day.

• Love 1

I've come to stock photography very late in life (using a range of zero to hopefully seventy-odd years plus old, I'm much nearer the wrong end) so as I may have mentioned most of my near 20,000 images here were taken with no thought to them having any use. Snaps taken on family holidays and trips out taken just to show parents and granny where we've been make up a large percentage of my non-news collection, of which I've spent the last few years trawling through for usable images. This performer outside the Sacré-Cœur in Paris is one such image which I initially thought would be difficult to make acceptable. I only shot jpeg and it was horribly back lit so it took a bit of work but I'm pleased with it and it passed QC today.

street-performer-in-paris-france-performing-on-a-lamp-post-at-sacr-cur-overlooking-the-city-football-skills-and-acrobatic-athleticism-skyline-W9KTYA.jpg

Edited by Avpics
  • Love 1

Lot of Monarch Butterflies in Toronto this year. Counted 30 in  a flower patch about 25 X 25 feet in size.

They were so busy nectaring they were very approachable. They gather on the North Shore of Lake Ontario, at this time of year,  before migrating to Mexico. 200 mm with extension tubes.

monarch-butterfly-danaus-archippus-necta

Edited by Bill Brooks
  • Like 1