January 2019 Challenge: Happy New!

wiskerke

Happy New Year everyone!

Alan, thanks for a good challenging challenge! And thanks for voting everybody, not just for mine.

This month's challenge is Happy New!

It should be easy.
But it's not just Happy New Year. It's about Happy New anything.
Happy new puppy; happy new baby; happy with new girl/boy friend; happy with new house; teeth; hair; shoes; car; bicycle. And yes: happy new year too.
Don't think just about people interacting with stuff; stuff and plants can scream Happy New as well.

Washing powder / laundry detergent boxes maybe not so much. However...we can learn a great deal from those designs: they know how to shout to us look totally new now even more new than before!

The usual rules apply: 3 per person; must be on Alamy; closes midnight GMT on Wednesday 30 January.
Have fun!

wim

ARrrgh!   I put "Happy New" in the search in AIM and it came up with NOTHING!

Going to have to sit this one out, sorry to be a Grinch.

Allan

19 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Paulette wins!  Next challenge.  Just kidding of course, but your cute baby bear cubs will be tough to match Paulette!

Thank you, Michael. I met one woman on my travels who only takes bear trips. When I have watched the bears playing together I have understood why. They are such fun.

Paulette

Happy New Year to everyone!!  I am heading out of town tomorrow for a two week trip so I may not be on the Forum so much.  I wish everyone a great new year!!

(sorry for extra big photos, I can only seem to copy or drag very big or very small versions)

My Happy New 3

1) Making new friends

usa-virginia-va-young-people-drinking-craft-beer-in-williamsburg-at-J3WWCN.jpg

2) Boy with his baby goat

a-boy-and-a-baby-goat-on-a-farm-in-virginia-A536DR.jpg

3) Happy Birthday Girl

asian-american-teenager-girl-happy-holding-red-balloons-CTFHC3.jpg

7 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Trust you're headed for a warm and happy place.

Only a tad warmer than here. Going to Italy and Corfu....mostly to see my father’s Italian family but taking pics along the way for sure!  Got a cheap ticket for flying on New Years Eve.  It seems that no one wants to fly then.

Have a wonderful time in Italy, Michael. Wishing you some nice photo opportunities. I was adopted as an infant, and have just recently learned I’m 80% Italian after all these years of being told my biological family was probably from Scotland. I’ll be making a trip to Italy next fall. 

Congratulations on your well-deserved first place, Wim, and thanks for an interesting new year challenge. 

Searched for "happy new" in my collection and was amazed to find an image that fits!

Don't expect to win any prizes, but they tell me that it's the taking part that counts, while this is a singularly  useful message to send to all forum members at this time.

a-poster-or-notice-wishing-people-a-merr

Happy smiling folk welcome in the New Year, Newcastle, England

women-and-children-in-procession-newcast

Here is my three.

My wife with my nephew when he was new. He is a 35 year old computer programmer working on visual recognition software today.

Aunt kissing and hugging squirming nephew in Toronto Ontario CanadaStock Photo

Same nephew towed by his dad on a winter outing a new experience for him

Cross country skiing and sleigh on Rice Lake Ontario CanadaStock Photo

Proud grandmother and granddaughter in new dress on a farm in Sierra Maestra Mountains Cuba

Grandmother and granddaughter in front of their farmhouse in the Sierra Maestra Mountains CubaStock Photo

Great diversity! You can still go out for the real New Year. But will it hold up towards the end of the month? Then it better be good.

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

ARrrgh!   I put "Happy New" in the search in AIM and it came up with NOTHING!

Going to have to sit this one out, sorry to be a Grinch.

Allan

LOL! Yes I did the same with my own and guess what...

Now would you recognize it when you see it?

Could there even be some stuff in your collection that's not old and unhappy, but the opposite?

Would it not be a fun and so useful thought in the back of your mind when you go out with a camera?

Edinburgh University Graduation day. Happy graduating students wearing laurel wreaths. - Stock Image

Ok not Cambridge.

Regrowth, re-growth, nature regeneration, after a controlled forest fire. Australia NT Northern Territory Kakadu National Park - Stock Image

So happy to be alive after a wildfire.

Amsterdam Concertgebouw. Traditional New Year's concert by the Nederlands Blazers Ensemble (Netherlands Wind Ensemble) in the Concertgebouw Amsterdam - Stock Image

My usual New Year's Day afternoon concert.

(This short video captures the essence. It's 360 - don't forget to turn towards the stage and look up.)

wim

10 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Great diversity! You can still go out for the real New Year. But will it hold up towards the end of the month? Then it better be good.

LOL! Yes I did the same with my own and guess what...

Now would you recognize it when you see it?

Could there even be some stuff in your collection that's not old and unhappy, but the opposite?

Would it not be a fun and so useful thought in the back of your mind when you go out with a camera?

Edinburgh University Graduation day. Happy graduating students wearing laurel wreaths. - Stock Image

Ok not Cambridge.

Regrowth, re-growth, nature regeneration, after a controlled forest fire. Australia NT Northern Territory Kakadu National Park - Stock Image

So happy to be alive after a wildfire.

Amsterdam Concertgebouw. Traditional New Year's concert by the Nederlands Blazers Ensemble (Netherlands Wind Ensemble) in the Concertgebouw Amsterdam - Stock Image

My usual New Year's Day afternoon concert.

(This short video captures the essence. It's 360 - don't forget to turn towards the stage and look up.)

wim

Love the short video. Thanks wim.:)

Allan

OK wim, you asked for it/them, here it/they are. TEETH.

Won't win any prizes though but good for a laugh.

full-set-of-false-teeth-J7DKMH.jpg

Allan

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

OK wim, you asked for it/them, here it/they are. TEETH.

Won't win any prizes though but good for a laugh.

full-set-of-false-teeth-J7DKMH.jpg

Allan

They do like somewhat happy!

;-)

wim

Archived