Vote for the December Challenge

Alan Beastall

Vote for the December Challenge  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Image is the best in the December Challenge?

• Michael Ventura KCTADE Lonely Wheelchair
    • Abiyoyo DJJY11 CDG Paris
    • Wiskerke FP46J3 Chicage O'Hare
    • Inchiquin F68EYT Footbridge, Feltham
    • Matt Ashmore MA9A7A Paddington Railway Station, London
    • Lynne ACYC5B Olympic Agora Athens 2004, Games Greece
    • Arvy777 PP3FAJ Caterpillar Tale, Snowdonia National Park
    • Doc A5DNTJ Pigeons and Cable Car
    • TeeCee AG8CE1
    • MDM MONKNF Bridge over the River Suir

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/12/18 at 12:00

It is traitional to open your Christmas presents on Boxing Day and for me today all the boxes opened 'December Challenge' have been a great suprise for the excellent quality of all the images. It as been very difficult to pick the 10 finalist shown below from the 77 images entered. 

You have until Midday on the 30th December to cast your vote as I'am away on New Years Eve

Alan.

1) Michael Ventura   KCTADE   Lonely Wheelchair

a-single-empty-wheelchair-in-a-building-

2) Abiyoyo    DJJY11   CDG Parisgates-f21-to-f36-in-paris-cdg-terminal-2f-having-a-concorde-shape-DJJY11.jpg

3) Wiskerke   FP46J3  Chicage O'Harehttps://c7.alamy.com/comp/FP46J3/chicago-ohare-international-airport-tunnel-between-concourses-b-and-FP46J3.jpg

4) Inchiquin   F68EYT   Footbridge, Feltham 

people-crossing-bridge-over-the-railway-feltham-middlesex-F68EYT.jpg

5) Matt Ashmore   MA9A7A   Paddington Railway Station, London

trains-sit-at-the-platform-at-paddington-railway-station-in-london-uk-MA9A7A.jpg

6) Lynne   ACYC5B   Olympic Agora Athens 2004, Games Greece

ACYC5B.jpg

7) Arvy777   PP3FAJ   Caterpillar Tale, Snowdonia National Park

Caterpillar Carry Water Drops on Silk Line Around Christmas TreeStock Photo

8) Doc   A5DNTJ   Pigeons and Cable Car

the-overhead-cable-car-and-pigeons-the-boardwalk-santa-cruz-california-A5DNTJ.jpg

9) TeeCee   AG8CE1

Rolled up text, looking through the wordsStock Photo

10) MDM   MONKNF   Avon Gorge in Bristol

the-avon-gorge-with-the-river-avon-flowi

Hi Alan, thanks for choosing one of my pics. It is not particularly important as it is the image itself that counts here but, just for correctness, it is actually the Avon Gorge in Bristol and not the River Suir which was another of the pics I submitted.:)

5 hours ago, NYCat said:

I want to know how Wim made all the people disappear in O'Hare Airport. Spooky. I know he is magic with a camera but..........

Paulette

4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

LOL!

It was in the middle of the night with very few passengers. And it's a 15 or 30 sec shutter speed. So the one that's there is like a ghost.

wim

Superb shot Wim. It is a really excellent example of this long exposure technique for removing moving people from an image in camera with no tricks. And the symmetry is just about perfect. 

13 hours ago, wiskerke said:

LOL!

It was in the middle of the night with very few passengers. And it's a 15 or 30 sec shutter speed. So the one that's there is like a ghost.

wim

Spot the ghost.:)

I think the ghost is near the end of the righthand walkway.

Did you take this image with a RX100 mark (??) model?

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Spot the ghost.:)

I think the ghost is near the end of the righthand walkway.

Did you take this image with a RX100 mark (??) model?

Allan

No RX100. The old Canon 1DS 2 or 3 with a 12-24. I've re-visited the same place a couple of times with different gear though: with a 24 and a 17mm shift lens. But not yet with Sony gear.

The shadows that are in this image are in the same place as in this one:

Chicago O'Hare International Airport. Tunnel between Concourses B and C of United Terminal with moving neon - Stock Image

So I don't think they're really visible. Sometimes the reflection will give them away though.

This is 3 images shifted and stitched from a 17mm with some people removed.

wim

On 27/12/2018 at 12:04, wiskerke said:

No RX100. The old Canon 1DS 2 or 3 with a 12-24. I've re-visited the same place a couple of times with different gear though: with a 24 and a 17mm shift lens. But not yet with Sony gear.

The shadows that are in this image are in the same place as in this one:

Chicago O'Hare International Airport. Tunnel between Concourses B and C of United Terminal with moving neon - Stock Image

So I don't think they're really visible. Sometimes the reflection will give them away though.

This is 3 images shifted and stitched from a 17mm with some people removed.

wim

I see. Thank you wim.

Allan

And the winner for the December Challenge goes to Wiskerke and his image of Chicage O'Hare. Many thanks to all those who entered the challenge and voted. I've very much enjoyed the whole process. So over to you Wiskerke for the first of the 2019 challengers.

Alan

1 hour ago, Alan Beastall said:

And the winner for the December Challenge goes to Wiskerke and his image of Chicage O'Hare. Many thanks to all those who entered the challenge and voted. I've very much enjoyed the whole process. So over to you Wiskerke for the first of the 2019 challengers.

Alan

Thank you Alan! And thank you for a good and challenging challenge!

And everybody thank you for voting! Not just for me.

My vote was the single vote for one of the single vote images. It was not strategically placed, for I was one of the first to vote.

Now let's see if I can come up with something interesting for the New Year.

wim

Archived