Alan Beastall

Vote for the December Challenge

Vote for the December Challenge  

39 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Image is the best in the December Challenge?

    • Michael Ventura KCTADE Lonely Wheelchair
    • Abiyoyo DJJY11 CDG Paris
    • Wiskerke FP46J3 Chicage O'Hare
    • Inchiquin F68EYT Footbridge, Feltham
    • Matt Ashmore MA9A7A Paddington Railway Station, London
    • Lynne ACYC5B Olympic Agora Athens 2004, Games Greece
    • Arvy777 PP3FAJ Caterpillar Tale, Snowdonia National Park
    • Doc A5DNTJ Pigeons and Cable Car
    • TeeCee AG8CE1
    • MDM MONKNF Bridge over the River Suir

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/12/18 at 12:00

Recommended Posts

It is traitional to open your Christmas presents on Boxing Day and for me today all the boxes opened 'December Challenge' have been a great suprise for the excellent quality of all the images. It as been very difficult to pick the 10 finalist shown below from the 77 images entered. 

 

You have until Midday on the 30th December to cast your vote as I'am away on New Years Eve

 

Alan.

 

 

1) Michael Ventura   KCTADE   Lonely Wheelchair

a-single-empty-wheelchair-in-a-building-

 

2) Abiyoyo    DJJY11   CDG Parisgates-f21-to-f36-in-paris-cdg-terminal-2f-having-a-concorde-shape-DJJY11.jpg

 

 

 

 

3) Wiskerke   FP46J3  Chicage O'Harehttps://c7.alamy.com/comp/FP46J3/chicago-ohare-international-airport-tunnel-between-concourses-b-and-FP46J3.jpg

 

 

 

 

4) Inchiquin   F68EYT   Footbridge, Feltham 

people-crossing-bridge-over-the-railway-feltham-middlesex-F68EYT.jpg

 

5) Matt Ashmore   MA9A7A   Paddington Railway Station, London

trains-sit-at-the-platform-at-paddington-railway-station-in-london-uk-MA9A7A.jpg

 

6) Lynne   ACYC5B   Olympic Agora Athens 2004, Games Greece

ACYC5B.jpg

 

7) Arvy777   PP3FAJ   Caterpillar Tale, Snowdonia National Park

Caterpillar Carry Water Drops on Silk Line Around Christmas TreeStock Photo

 

 

 

 

8) Doc   A5DNTJ   Pigeons and Cable Car

 

the-overhead-cable-car-and-pigeons-the-boardwalk-santa-cruz-california-A5DNTJ.jpg

 

 

9) TeeCee   AG8CE1

 

Rolled up text, looking through the wordsStock Photo

 

 

10) MDM   MONKNF   Avon Gorge in Bristol

 the-avon-gorge-with-the-river-avon-flowi

Edited by Alan Beastall
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Alan, thanks for choosing one of my pics. It is not particularly important as it is the image itself that counts here but, just for correctness, it is actually the Avon Gorge in Bristol and not the River Suir which was another of the pics I submitted.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow! Thank you for including mine!

Good images!

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to know how Wim made all the people disappear in O'Hare Airport. Spooky. I know he is magic with a camera but..........

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

He just asked them to please over to the side, Paulette, but in Dutch that sounds like a threat. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL!

It was in the middle of the night with very few passengers. And it's a 15 or 30 sec shutter speed. So the one that's there is like a ghost.

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NYCat said:

I want to know how Wim made all the people disappear in O'Hare Airport. Spooky. I know he is magic with a camera but..........

 

Paulette

 

4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

LOL!

It was in the middle of the night with very few passengers. And it's a 15 or 30 sec shutter speed. So the one that's there is like a ghost.

 

wim

 

Superb shot Wim. It is a really excellent example of this long exposure technique for removing moving people from an image in camera with no tricks. And the symmetry is just about perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI Alan,

 

Many thanks for the inclusion - feeling honoured!

 

Kumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wiskerke said:

LOL!

It was in the middle of the night with very few passengers. And it's a 15 or 30 sec shutter speed. So the one that's there is like a ghost.

 

wim

 

Spot the ghost.:)

 

I think the ghost is near the end of the righthand walkway.

 

Did you take this image with a RX100 mark (??) model?

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Spot the ghost.:)

 

I think the ghost is near the end of the righthand walkway.

 

Did you take this image with a RX100 mark (??) model?

 

Allan

 

No RX100. The old Canon 1DS 2 or 3 with a 12-24. I've re-visited the same place a couple of times with different gear though: with a 24 and a 17mm shift lens. But not yet with Sony gear.

The shadows that are in this image are in the same place as in this one:

Chicago O'Hare International Airport. Tunnel between Concourses B and C of United Terminal with moving neon - Stock Image

So I don't think they're really visible. Sometimes the reflection will give them away though.

This is 3 images shifted and stitched from a 17mm with some people removed.

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan - thanks for choosing one of mine!

:-)

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2018 at 12:04, wiskerke said:

 

No RX100. The old Canon 1DS 2 or 3 with a 12-24. I've re-visited the same place a couple of times with different gear though: with a 24 and a 17mm shift lens. But not yet with Sony gear.

The shadows that are in this image are in the same place as in this one:

Chicago O'Hare International Airport. Tunnel between Concourses B and C of United Terminal with moving neon - Stock Image

So I don't think they're really visible. Sometimes the reflection will give them away though.

This is 3 images shifted and stitched from a 17mm with some people removed.

 

wim

 

 

I see. Thank you wim.

 

Allan

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough choice voting  Lots of excellent photos!

 

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.

 

Have a very Happy New Year!

 

Edited by Marianne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last call for the December Challenge. Just 24hrs. to go to cast your vote.

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

Last call for the December Challenge. Just 24hrs. to go to cast your vote.

 

Alan

I think that there is a pretty obvious, and well deserved, winner. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sally, its never over until the last vote is cast. There may be a last minute rush. You may be right but lets wait and see.;)

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 And the winner for the December Challenge goes to Wiskerke and his image of Chicage O'Hare. Many thanks to all those who entered the challenge and voted. I've very much enjoyed the whole process. So over to you Wiskerke for the first of the 2019 challengers.

 

Alan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Wim - cracking picture!
And a big thanks to Alan for a really intertesting challenge too. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan Beastall said:

 And the winner for the December Challenge goes to Wiskerke and his image of Chicage O'Hare. Many thanks to all those who entered the challenge and voted. I've very much enjoyed the whole process. So over to you Wiskerke for the first of the 2019 challengers.

 

Alan

 

Thank you Alan! And thank you for a good and challenging challenge!

And everybody thank you for voting! Not just for me.

My vote was the single vote for one of the single vote images. It was not strategically placed, for I was one of the first to vote.

 

Now let's see if I can come up with something interesting for the New Year.

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now