Favourite photos in November 18

Alan Beastall

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:
Not sure if images from the AIM queue are visible here.
If so, this is that relief from the War Monument in Toulouse depicting Armistice Day:

wim

They are. I found that out a while ago, but can't get them that big.

Powerful images. Thankyou for putting them up. I won't compete with you next year.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

They are. I found that out a while ago, but can't get them that big.

Powerful images. Thankyou for putting them up. I won't compete with you next year.

Not so sure: they have cleaned it after I took these.

wim

Badger chewing on a piece of straw.

I've been observing several badger in my area over the last couple of years and most of the setts are in wooden locations and when the Badgers leave their setts just before sunset the lighting would get very low resulting in poor images. In this Badger sett however one of the entrances came out at the side of a field in which the local farmer had cut a swathe of land exposing this entrance. Now like in the the classic war film "The Great Escape" where the tunnel exit was too short and the prisoners being exposed for several metres until they reached the tree line, this being the same of these badgers, but instead of running for cover this one would start foraging for food in the strip of land resulting in some great images.

Alan

R1H9WD.jpg

A trio from Namibia:

africa-wildlife-a-pair-of-adult-african-elephant-holding-court-with-a-variety-of-animals-etosha-national-park-namibia-africa-R1NGY3.jpg

Elephants holding court; Etosha National Park

namibia-travel-reflections-of-a-herd-of-giraffes-drinking-from-a-waterhole-at-sunset-okaukuejo-etosha-national-park-namibia-africa-R20HTK.jpg

Giraffes drinking at sunset, Okaukuejo waterhole, Etosha national park

namibia-travel-hot-air-balloon-at-sunrise-over-the-namib-desert-example-of-adventure-travel-namibia-africa-PY967X.jpg

Hot air ballooning over the dunes in the Namib desert, Sossusvlei

Kumar

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

A trio from Namibia:

africa-wildlife-a-pair-of-adult-african-elephant-holding-court-with-a-variety-of-animals-etosha-national-park-namibia-africa-R1NGY3.jpg

Elephants holding court; Etosha National Park

namibia-travel-reflections-of-a-herd-of-giraffes-drinking-from-a-waterhole-at-sunset-okaukuejo-etosha-national-park-namibia-africa-R20HTK.jpg

Giraffes drinking at sunset, Okaukuejo waterhole, Etosha national park

namibia-travel-hot-air-balloon-at-sunrise-over-the-namib-desert-example-of-adventure-travel-namibia-africa-PY967X.jpg

Hot air ballooning over the dunes in the Namib desert, Sossusvlei

Kumar

Just given you another "Like" left over from the other place.

Allan

Two of my favourite photos taken, ever, and uploaded as Reportage last weekend, following the death of the subject. he's Alec Finn, a Brit who became a legend in traditional Irish music. Founder member of de Dannan and one of the people responsible for the use of the bouzouki in Irish folk music. Taken at his home in Oranmore Castle, Co. Galway, for my book "Traditional Notes".

alec2.jpg

alec1.jpg

18 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

I wandered like a cloud through an avenue of Lime with a fall of yellow confetti on an English autumn day. Just a northern lad trying to be a poet like Wordsworth.

Alan

R1D1RF.jpg

Alan

Every technical thing about your image. The lens focal length, the restricted depth of field, the placement of the sharp and unsharp zones, the saturation, the colour balance, the moment with the foot raised, all work together with the subject matter to create an emotional romantic intuitive happy reaction on the part of the viewer.

Your image is poetry, I wish it was mine.

Bill Brooks

To quote Wordsworth:

In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

Thanks Bill. I did not realize that this image would have such an emotional and profound effect. Taken with a 600mm f4 at f4 to give this narrow D.O.F. Overcast autumn day in Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire and great words from Wordsworth to enhance the meaning of the image.

Alan

Archived