Favourite photos in October '18

Robert Convery

I don’t usually do proper news stuff, but since the Scottish premiere of the Outlaw King was a short free (bus pass) ride away I thought I would have a go at entertainment news. Without a press pass it wasn’t easy to find a good spot, but I did in the end. However, the stars had clearly had their fill of photos, having already run the gamut of cameras, fans, autograph hunters and journalists by the time they got to where I was standing. The only person who smiled at me was Nicola Sturgeon. 

vue-omni-leith-walk-edinburgh-scotland-u

Malzbier in Köln, made by one of the Kölsch breweries, presumably when they have nothing better to do. Google's no help BTW- it's malt extract, not brown ale.

PTHTC7.jpg

OH started counting her units and ordered some of this. The waiter called it "Schweinefraβ". They call a spade a spade.

Holocaust memorial on the wall of the Jewish cemetery, Battonnstraße, Frankfurt. The stones are traditionally put on gravestones but of course they have none.

I learnt later that one of the names is Anne Frank's. She was born here.

PTBDEM.jpg

Hi Gen: I didn't know what that amazing bird was so I searched the number and I thought I might learn more about what the amazing thing on its head is if I looked at the keywords. That image only has one line of keywords as if you haven't finished or all your keywords didn't come through. You might want to put "casque" in the keywords in case someone is searching for birds that have them. Just a thought.

Paulette

A portriat of Jeremy Corbyn leader of the British Labour Party. The lighting from a side window increasing the texture and depth in the face, just the classic hollywood portriat i.e. from "left to right' , light to dark to light and then dark. The reflection in the table top also helps the overall compostion of the image.

Aaln

jemery-corbyn-leader-of-the-labour-party

11 hours ago, NYCat said:

Hi Gen: I didn't know what that amazing bird was so I searched the number and I thought I might learn more about what the amazing thing on its head is if I looked at the keywords. That image only has one line of keywords as if you haven't finished or all your keywords didn't come through. You might want to put "casque" in the keywords in case someone is searching for birds that have them. Just a thought.

Paulette

Hi Paulette, thank you for the suggestion, I have added "casque". 

Not sure what you mean by one line of keywords. I keyword before upload in Bridge and this particular image has 37 tags. Perhaps it was still being released to the database?

Gen

57 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

Lovely shot of a cassowary, I hope you weren't that close they can be very aggressive with a nasty kick. Still a great image.

Thank you. Oh yes I was that close! This one is a female. Males raise the chicks and are super-aggressive when they're with them. Definitely keep your distances. I heard a story of a woman who was chased all the way to her car. Even sitting inside didn't pacify the cassowary who started attacking the window.  Not to be messed with!

The reason why I was that close is that a few wild cassowaries roam through the campsite by the beach where I was staying. They beg for food from one picnic table to the next. Of course some people can't resist feeding them, asking for trouble.

Tourist feeding a wild Southern or Double-wattled Cassowary (Casuarius casuarius) near the beach, Etty Bay, Cassowary Coast, Far North Queensland, FNQ - Stock Image

12 hours ago, gvallee said:

Hi Paulette, thank you for the suggestion, I have added "casque". 

Not sure what you mean by one line of keywords. I keyword before upload in Bridge and this particular image has 37 tags. Perhaps it was still being released to the database?

Gen

It seems to have been an odd glitch for me. I went to it again this morning and saw only one line of keywords with no "show all". I then moved to the next one and saw all the keywords. When I went back to the first "show all" was there. Very odd.

Paulette

Cotter Force waterfall, Wensleydale, Yorkshire Dales National Park

yorkshire-dales-national-park-autumn-landscape-vivid-autumn-colours-at-cotter-force-waterfall-hawes-wensleydale-uk-PXHN1A.jpg

Muker, Swaledale, Yorkshire Dales National Park

yorkshire-dales-national-park-autumn-landscape-the-village-of-muker-swaledale-PXBMJW.jpg

Pennine Way track leading to Great Shunner Fell from Swaledale, Yorkshire Dales National Park

yorkshire-dales-national-park-autumn-landscape-the-pennine-way-long-distance-footpath-towards-great-shunner-fell-swaledale-uk-in-autumn-sunshine-PXHN6J.jpg

15 hours ago, NYCat said:

It seems to have been an odd glitch for me. I went to it again this morning and saw only one line of keywords with no "show all". I then moved to the next one and saw all the keywords. When I went back to the first "show all" was there. Very odd.

Paulette

I used to be a software tester. Bugs kept me in business for years...

Archived