Editorial Photographer Income Survey

Hello

Stock industry expert Jim Pickerell has created a survey in an effort to gather data on the general income ranges of Editorial Still Photographers around the world.

You can respond to the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PhotogIncomeSurvey

It’s open until mid-October, and you can read all about it on the Selling Stock website: http://www.selling-stock.com/Article/editorial-photographer-income-survey

Thanks

Alamy

Question 5 implies that editorial usage only applies to magazines, newspapers, and on-line editorial sites.  No books allowed?  Aren't books usually editorial usage?  Strange.

Question 6 asks if in addition to editorial usage, me might be engaged in the completely unrelated task of doing "General Stock".  Huh?  For me General Stock is mostly editorial usage.

Again - makes no sense.

35 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Question 5 implies that editorial usage only applies to magazines, newspapers, and on-line editorial sites.  No books allowed?  Aren't books usually editorial usage?  Strange.

Question 6 asks if in addition to editorial usage, me might be engaged in the completely unrelated task of doing "General Stock".  Huh?  For me General Stock is mostly editorial usage.

Again - makes no sense.

Good points. Perhaps retail books are being seen as commercial. I too have no idea what the survey means by "general stock."

However, it will be interesting (and maybe depressing) to see the results.

2 hours ago, JeffGreenberg said:

Latter question about other income makes no sense if one is ONLY full time stock shooter.

Request for gross income compels one to include agency gross...?

Unlike freelance gross, one NEVER gets hands on agency gross...

Subtextses & inferences....

Do we even get to see results if we are NOT subscribers???!!!

Do we at least get that for bleeding our data???

Papa Roach said it best:

"I don't know, if I care
I'm a jerk, life's not fair"

Sounds as if the results might be made public:

"The survey will remain open until mid-October. At that point I will do a comprehensive analysis of the data and make the results available for Free

at www.selling-stock.com."

Archived