Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Inchiquin said:

A very rare sight at the moment: a Northern Rail train arriving on time.

 

Alan

 

passengers-waiting-for-approaching-train-at-bradford-interchange-station-bradford-west-yorkshire-MNDT5F.jpg

I’ll be using those next week. In fact, it takes three trains to get from Edinburgh to Liverpool. If the Northern train isn’t on time, the travel plans could be completely scuppered.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Colblimp said:
 

I've just cut down a 22' leylandii branch to frustrate a pigeon with a very accurate orifice. We might as well have painted a bullseye on the car and it set like concrete in a couple of hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I've just cut down a 22' leylandii branch to frustrate a pigeon with a very accurate orifice. We might as well have painted a bullseye on the car and it set like concrete in a couple of hours.

 

Haha, damn pigeons!

 

I think the car owner in my pic had gone out for a day on his boat.  Wish I'd seen his reaction when he saw what the gulls had done to his shiny BMW!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sally said:

I’ll be using those next week. In fact, it takes three trains to get from Edinburgh to Liverpool. If the Northern train isn’t on time, the travel plans could be completely scuppered.

 

 

As things are at the moment, I would brace yourself to be scuppered :(

 

Alan

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

 

I think the car owner in my pic had gone out for a day on his boat.  Wish I'd seen his reaction when he saw what the gulls had done to his shiny BMW!

 

Not to mention the lamppost graffiti that someone's painted on the bonnet ;)

 

Alan

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

 

Not to mention the lamppost graffiti that someone's painted on the bonnet ;)

 

Alan

 

Yes - lamppost graffiti is rife in West Cork! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

 

 

B&W hardly ever sells, but I upload a few anyway. 

I have a few, and they sell, but they're my oldest, not my newest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

powerful-spring-meltwater-flow-in-the-chutes-de-la-chaudiere-at-charny-near-quebec-city-MRNPP9.jpg

 

B&W hardly ever sells, but I upload a few anyway. 

 

So beautiful.

 

Paulette

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

B&W hardly ever sells, but I upload a few anyway. 

 

Maybe keyword Armageddon and Brexit.

;-)

wim

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Working a lot in DC lately, giving me opportunities to get some stock.

 

usa-washington-dc-lock-keepers-house-on-

 

BTW, How do we copy the largest view to insert into posts now?

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

BTW, How do we copy the largest view to insert into posts now?

 

Some discussion about that here.

Nice picture; great weather!

 

wim

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Paulette. Its a waterfall just a few km from here - in the summer there are people picnicking and fishing at the bottom of the falls, but in the spring melt its a different place altogether. If you get heavy rain during the thaw its superb, so loud you can barely converse when you are near it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

 

Maybe keyword Armageddon and Brexit.

 

 

Doesn't need a picture. It's self-explanatory :(

 

Alan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.