Show the latest image that you sold on Alamy in November . (1 per day)

IQ, editorial, education....and another licence with unlimited duration. On the plus side, it's an old photo, a slide scan. And it's the third image  with an "A" ID that's sold in a row. Good to see the old stuff is still making me a few $$.

an-eastern-blue-tongue-lizard-tiliqua-sc

the-sea-wall-the-wash-near-sutton-bridge-lincolnshire-with-agricultural-BX6Y93.jpg

I was delighted to see this had been published in the Guardian (thanks to the Have you found any.. thread) in an article on climate change and sea level rise, a subject close to my heart. If I live long enough (another 100 - 200 years or so perhaps), I will be living by the sea as a large part of Lincolnshire (and many other low lying parts of the world) are submerged.

MY FIRST EVER ALAMY SALE :D:D

young-man-snorkelling-swimming-with-mask

Only took 7 months and however many photos, but so happy to of made a start :) 

An Editorial RF sale for Personal use!! Netting me a grand total of £4.31. 

But why is it all displayed in $'s on my Dashboard?

Congrats on your first sale.

Cynicism around the use of PU sales meant I had to take a quick look at Google Images. While I didn't find the use of your image, I did find another disturbing site. Avopix seems to have trawled the MS site where you also have this image and claims to be offering them free for use under Creative Commons. Read the CC statement at the bottom of this page:

https://avopix.com/search/premium-photos/pump boat

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Congrats on your first sale.

Cynicism around the use of PU sales meant I had to take a quick look at Google Images. While I didn't find the use of your image, I did find another disturbing site. Avopix seems to have trawled the MS site where you also have this image and claims to be offering them free for use under Creative Commons. Read the CC statement at the bottom of this page:

https://avopix.com/search/premium-photos/pump boat

Thanks for pointing that out, at first glance that is disturbing, especially as 14 of the photos on that first page are mine, but click on them and they all link back to the MS site for purchase.  

7 hours ago, 79Photography said:

Thanks for pointing that out, at first glance that is disturbing, especially as 14 of the photos on that first page are mine, but click on them and they all link back to the MS site for purchase.  

Yes, I know. The point is that Joe Public isn't necessarily going to be aware of that or even know (much less care) what SS is. They are just going to happily take on face value the statement offered by the site that falsely claims it is offering free images. 

10 hours ago, 79Photography said:

So that image is also on SS? You're very fortunate to have sold on Alamy then.

It's not a good idea to compete with yourself, especially at a lower price. IMHO.

Archived