Very nice Xmas present thank you kindly Alamy, but I make my own submission to DACs, so am concerned I may have been paid twice!  The Alamy amount is the greater of the two.

Any other possible explanations? 

I contacted contributor relations and got this commendably speedy reply: -

""The process of claiming DACS through Alamy has changed this year. You no longer need to let us know you’d like us to claim, instead we will automatically claim unless you tell us otherwise. "

I'll have to get in touch with DACs and cancel my individual application, it's been an interesting, if not intended, experiment, in that the Alamy payment is quite a bit larger than my personal claim!

There was an email in June about the new contract term and  I, and presumably most others, opted out.

If you've subsequently claimed yourself as well, and been paid twice, you may be in breach of contract with both Alamy and DACS and have also inadvertently collected money due to the rest of us.

Very nice Xmas present thank you kindly Alamy, but I make my own submission to DACs, so am concerned I may have been paid twice!  The Alamy amount is the greater of the two.

""The process of claiming DACS through Alamy has changed this year. You no longer need to let us know you’d like us to claim, instead we will automatically claim unless you tell us otherwise. "

I'll have to get in touch with DACs and cancel my individual application, it's been an interesting, if not intended, experiment, in that the Alamy payment is quite a bit larger than my personal claim!

There was an email in June about the new contract term and  I, and presumably most others, opted out.

If you've subsequently claimed yourself as well, and been paid twice, you may be in breach of contract with both Alamy and DACS and have also inadvertently collected money due to the rest of us.

Yes, it appears I've unintentionally claimed twice, and have informed DACs of the situation.  Can't recall the e-mail, but I take your word for it. Spent all of June touring northern Europe in a caravan, with limited internet access.

Well I have had the same but I have an email from Alamy saying that they won't collect for me yet they have done!

I am not happy at all as I do not want this to cause conflict with DACS thinking I am double claiming.

Problem solved to a very satisfactory conclusion.

Well I have had the same but I have an email from Alamy saying that they won't collect for me yet they have done!

I am not happy at all as I do not want this to cause conflict with DACS thinking I am double claiming.

Problem solved to a very satisfactory conclusion.

Actually it is an approach that will work for me if I can claim my non Alamy sales with DACS.

Jools i like it when you complain, it gives me a chance to have a look at your photographs. Stunning views !

Jools i like it when you complain, it gives me a chance to have a look at your photographs. Stunning views !

Thanks Ace!

What you're seeing there isn't the cream of the crop though. They are elsewhere ;) Still, Alamy gives me some pocket money each year so can't complain about that side of things.

And to their credit, they responded VERY quickly and with a nice solution ;)

$15 that I wasnt expecting- so cant complain

I dont even remember filling out a request for DACS, but its all good as I am too lazy to go hunting for misuse of my images ????

I also have a DACS payment due via Alamy, when I submit my claim to DACS directly (and have been paid already).

So I have had to inform both Alamy & DACS  of the mistake.

I have licenced my work directly, or via other outlets as well as Alamy. So as I have to fill in the claim form myself anyway, don't feel the need for Alamy to claim on my behalf for Alamy licenced work (and take their commission !).

Thinking about this ...... it means that the pie has been divided up in to smaller slices than what it should have been (due to duplication).

Phil

Still waiting for mine from ALAMY. Anyone else waiting.?

Craig

Mine showed up today, but as has been mentioned elsewhere, I also licenced images from my own website, so maybe should do the claim myself next year.

I asked Alamy not to claim for me last year (which they didnt), and I claimed for myself.

This year I claimed for myself again, but Alamy have also claimed for me so I have contacted Alamy to find out what is best to do as it appears I have claimed twice inadvertently - seems to be a common occurrence 

Kumar

I received an Other Income notice from Alamy but no mention of DACS.  I live in Florida USA and have never been involved

with DACS.  So what is this Other Income notice about? Thanks.

denden

I live in the USA and mine says Other Income, but over in the "details" column, it says, DACS Payment 2016

I received an Other Income notice from Alamy but no mention of DACS.  I live in Florida USA and have never been involved

with DACS.  So what is this Other Income notice about? Thanks.

denden

Mine too, I mentioned on another thread (DACS). The detail is found under "view your account balance", it should say DACS payment 2016

Just had a sale appear under the title of Other Income. After downloading the excel file, It's the money for the DAC's TV claim, alamy made on my behalf.

$15 while not a fortune, it will pay for a cheap meal while I'm away over christmas, every little helps as they say, and since it's money for TV uses I haven't seen broadcast, it'll do nicely!

Like I said elsewhere, $15.16 is not a massive amount, but more than my last two sales which haven't cleared and means I get a Jan minimum payment, so every little helps

Just had two copies of the paperwork through the post for my direct claim from DACS, god know why they sent it twice, both identical, would have been nice if I had been paid twice!

I had the same. Think it might be one for your records and the other for your accountant.

Allan

Sounds plausible Allan, but mine were both sent separately?

So where mine.

Allan

Ditto

Archived