I let Alamy do mine last year, which was the first time I've had a DACS payment. From what I've read in the FAQ's, Alamy will automatically have filed my DACS claim this year too. They haven't emailed me about it though, so maybe I should already have checked with them. Does anyone know please if they'll do it automatically this year?

I'd expect mine to be higher than last year, but with only 20 sales in 2015 I won't be getting much. I was actually surprised I got as much as $25 last year for 2014, as I only licensed 4 images in 2014. It is for the year before, isn't it?

Geoff.

Every artist who makes a successful application is guaranteed a minimum of £25.

Source: https://www.dacs.org.uk/for-artists/payback/frequently-asked-questions#FAQ160

Sorry if this is a dumb donkey question, but is there a link on Alamy here where one can apply for DACS?

I am afraid I may be missing out on a few extra bucks by not being signed up

Thanks in advance!

I let Alamy do mine last year, which was the first time I've had a DACS payment. From what I've read in the FAQ's, Alamy will automatically have filed my DACS claim this year too. They haven't emailed me about it though, so maybe I should already have checked with them. Does anyone know please if they'll do it automatically this year?

I'd expect mine to be higher than last year, but with only 20 sales in 2015 I won't be getting much. I was actually surprised I got as much as $25 last year for 2014, as I only licensed 4 images in 2014. It is for the year before, isn't it?

Geoff.

I'm pretty sure it stays automatic until you'll notify Alamy that you no longer wish to. Last year it was reflected in the "Balance of Account" on the 17th of December.

Just checked bank and the payment is in! Down on last year as paid to me but that will be due the plunge of the pound against the euro. I converted both back to UK pounds at the exchange rate on days of exchange and this years is an actual good increase

editorial, as in newspapers, don;t count towards DACS anyway..

and any magazine usages (in publications which have ISSN's) are carried over, culminatively, just like books

Magazines are what I meant which is why I'm baffled about the drop. I'll give them a call soon to see about the drop.

Did it myself for the third time in a row. Got about US $75, around the same as last year (they took out VAT or it'd be more, but it's $85 each year to file with the IRS to get what you need to send to HMS Revenue and not have VAT withheld, so it wasn't worthwhile filing the non-resident tax papers). I had more magazine uses but not enough to get me into the next bracket. Lots of my UK licenses via Alamy are newspapers so no help. I had some book sales from elsewhere, which is why I self-claimed, especially as I'd already done it twice before. 

It arrived in my bank on Monday. Looking forward to the day that it's worth it to file to get VAT refunded. 

Merry Christmas! 

Archived