Is this automatic or do you have to sign up somewhere ?

I believe that according to the latest contributor's contract, alamy will collect on your behalf unless you gave them notice by July 30, 2016 that you don't want them to do so.  I'm assuming that means that if you missed the deadline, you have to let alamy collect on your behalf.

I believe that according to the latest contributor's contract, alamy will collect on your behalf unless you gave them notice by July 30, 2016 that you don't want them to do so.  I'm assuming that means that if you missed the deadline, you have to let alamy collect on your behalf.

THanks for reply MairaJ

THanks for reply MairaJ

Alamy collect the DACs payments on my behalf, but that came about after they sent out an email asking if I would like them to do so.

You'll need to instruct Alamy to collect this for you in the first year, after which it'll happen automatically.

I'm about £50 up on last year which was a bit of a nice surprise. The last few years it has been going down by something like that. Even though DACs reduces their charge by 1% every year, there are usually more photographers claiming every year so the pie gets sliced thinner most years. What does concern me is what is going to happen if or when PICSEL manages to grab part or all of the fund. I am a one-man-member of BAPLA but I am non the wiser. I don't do anything direct with TV so let Alamy claim on that sector if there is anything to claim for that year.

Didn't know anything about DACS payments, but just checking my zooms and I noticed I am suddenly over the current cleared balance, having checked the net revenue it has other payments $15.16, but under balance of account is says DACS payment 2016.

One of my images did sell to Irish TV this year, would that be the reason or is it from another sale last year?

Happy to be getting a few quid as a January payment, as I was $13 short

Didn't know anything about DACS payments, but just checking my zooms and I noticed I am suddenly over the current cleared balance, having checked the net revenue it has other payments $15.16, but under balance of account is says DACS payment 2016.

One of my images did sell to Irish TV this year, would that be the reason or is it from another sale last year?

As far as I know it's for the previous year, so your $15 could be for published picture last year

As far as I know it's for the previous year, so your $15 could be for published picture last year

Cheers. I see, I had a few in books, so I guess it's one of them rather than a newspaper sale

I am quite shocked that they now do this automatically. They used to ask me every year and I always refused, because I did not want them to get 50%. Hiding this somewhere in a new contributor contact is not how how treat your members. They knew that many contributors will not be aware of it. This is an important change in the contract and it should have been communicated better.

PS: I just looked at the recent contrubutor contract. You can't finde "DACS" a single time in there.

I am quite shocked that they now do this automatically. They used to ask me every year and I always refused, because I did not want them to get 50%. Hiding this somewhere in a new contributor contact is not how how treat your members. They knew that many contributors will not be aware of it. This is an important change in the contract and it should have been communicated better.

PS: I just looked at the recent contrubutor contract. You can't finde "DACS" a single time in there.

On June 15th I got am email advising me of the contract changes with a link to this

http://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor-contract-changes.asp?utm_campaign=408018_Contract%20change%20June%202016&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Alamy%20Contributors%20&dm_i=2SWW,8QTU,12IBKJ,SUJV,1

which specifically mentions collecting societies. Clause 28. It's not hidden at all- it's mentioned in the third paragraph of the rubric. DACS isn't mentioned by name because it is not the only collecting society.

There was an opt-out which I exercised and I got an email to confirm it the same day.

Here's an explanation about the changes that we, as creators need to observe because we'll need to complete the claim for 2016 much, much earlier - and if possible, provide as many ISBNs as possible. How this should be achieved with Alamy sales, I'd like to know :

http://www.epuk.org/news/update-dacs-payback-and-creators-rights

Merry Christmas, all!

Richard.

an-office-worker-in-a-city-of-london-pub

Archived