How was your August?

Poor with only two licences for the month, but started September with a reasonable sale.

Lots of work to do this winter on keywords etc, fed up of waiting for the changes which will give us a better system for appending and deleting keywords. Flickr and others have much better admin platforms!

3 for 48.50 gross. But two of those were only because of a news event here in Dallas. However, they were stock sales, after the fact, not news sales.

But I was especially wondering about this sale. Anyone know what this could be? Had any similar sales?

$ 5.12

Looks like a tabloid web sale, possibly Daily Mail or Metro etc They hang around for a while, so, if you do a Google reverse image search, you might pick it up.

A Google 'reverse Image search' - new one to me so had to look it up. Look useful thanks :-) 

Nothing, until the very end of the month when the French Prime Minister said that the naked breast was more representative of France than a headscarf. Licensed an image of Delacroix's Liberty Leading the People for television use ($150) and to the Guardian website.

I don't agree with what he said, but Merci Beaucoup, Monsieur Valls!

Volume now above 2015, revenue nowhere near.

Volume 80%, revenue 40% of 2015

I've increased revenue year on year for the 9 years i've been with Alamy, but 2016 will fall way short.

John.

"Volume 80%, revenue 40% of 2015

I've increased revenue year on year for the 9 years i've been with Alamy, but 2016 will fall way short.

John."

Similar figures here too John volume at 93%but revenue only at 53% 

Regen

So far, YTD 206 vs full year 2015: volume: 96%, revenue: 64%, helped by my two best-value sales of the year, apparently unrelated, popping in on Friday.

Will be more complicated when eventually the Muddle forks up for the unreported uses from 2015, though.

5 sales, but for just over $100... but I'll take them :)

I have 28 sales total for 2016. I only sold 11 photos all last year. I have not significantly increased my portfolio. The revenue is only about 30% higher than the 11 sales last year, so more sales, but lower prices.

Archived