Wondering what will be appearing in the new contributor tools?

This sounds like a really great achievement and appears the long wishlist to become reality! 

I am excited beyond words .... very much looking forward to using the new tools. 

Really hope it comes much sooner than earlier :) 

Good news, no flash, easy editorial, and seems a huge time saver. Hope as stated above the ability to search for only exclusive images, especially if Alamy does not sell at higher prices. Exclusive images must have some advantages in the search engine, not saying that non-exclusive must be buried, a good image is ever a good image; but content that can be find only at Alamy it's a plus for the agency.

Super news.

The best for me is the dead of flash and the option to have unreleased photos as RF .... RF editorial use only. This will for sure lead to more sales. Many customers love to just simple direct download a photo for they use instead of going through different drop down menus and think about what they need. RF means simple. Thanks Alamy.

Mirco

I can't help but think RF editorial is a two edged sword, not least fewer repeat sales of RM licences. Also a massive amount of RF editorial already on the micros which be speedily uploaded here and will hit us like a tidal wave when the new system comes in. There are many good things here but I'm not inclined to cheer everything about this announcement.  :(

I can't help but think RF editorial is a two edged sword, not least fewer repeat sales of RM licences. Also a massive amount of RF editorial already on the micros which be speedily uploaded here and will hit us like a tidal wave when the new system comes in. There are many good things here but I'm not inclined to cheer everything about this announcement.  :(

I understand you worries Joseph. The only reason i think like that is that RF is already deep into the stock market. There is no going around anymore i think. Customers will not buy something because we would love them to do. Most know RF already and they use it. If a dog smells the meat fruit will be second. The only way to profit from this is to accept. Anyway you still can choose for RM.

Good to share opinions with fellows here :)

• "An "exclusive to Alamy tickbox"

Good - hopefully that will result in a new Tab which buyers can click on to see images not available elsewhere - 

and also hopefully that can be applied to images already on sale, not just new ones

Kumar

•  

Thinking about this, a buyer probably doesn't care whether a picture is exclusive to Alamy or not. Indeed, assuming there was an 'Alamy Exclusive' search, if they found an image in 'normal' results but not 'Alamy Exclusive' results, it would be a hint to the buyer that the image might be available somewhere else, potentially for less money.

• "An "exclusive to Alamy tickbox"

Good - hopefully that will result in a new Tab which buyers can click on to see images not available elsewhere - 

and also hopefully that can be applied to images already on sale, not just new ones

Kumar

•  

couldn't agree more

well done Alamy - this is very positive work

thanks Alamy, the future looks very promising!

FR

Hoped it wasnt the future but already here, until then I am chasing this carrot at light speed ;) 

I am not at all keen on the idea of an “Editorial only” tick box and if one is added I do sincerely hope I can simply ignore it.

I can understand its use for the circumstances that Martin Wilson quotes:

Pleased about the editorial only button, that will make it easier for events where accreditation restricts me to only using my images for editorial use.

Most of my images are sold for editorial use, but the same type of images can, and have, also be used in Advertising or Marketing packages, often at higher prices.

It is not for me to try to dictate what an image should be used for, that is the job of the buyer. 

My job is to produce images with correct data about the status of releases.

I am not at all keen on the idea of an “Editorial only” tick box and if one is added I do sincerely hope I can simply ignore it.

Pleased about the editorial only button, that will make it easier for events where accreditation restricts me to only using my images for editorial use.

Most of my images are sold for editorial use, but the same type of images can, and have, also be used in Advertising or Marketing packages, often at higher prices.

It is not for me to try to dictate what an image should be used for, that is the job of the buyer. 

I agree. The onus is on the end-user. Personally, I can't see using this button much, but it's a good option to have, easier than setting restrictions (for those who do).

Don't see why we wouldn't be able to ignore this button.

Also wondering if the "exclusive to Alamy" tickbox is prevented by images on own website (same price level)?

Hopefully, Alamy will explain what they mean by "exclusive."

Also, I hope that this box will be un-tickable  -- i.e. "exclusive" images won't have to be deleted and resubmitted to Alamy if we decide to send them elsewhere in the future.

I agree. The onus is on the end-user. Personally, I can't see using this button much, but it's a good option to have, easier than setting restrictions (for those who do).

Don't see why we wouldn't be able to ignore this button.

I hope Alamy will produce some clarifications/guidlines/blog around this nearer the time. At the moment, I assume that stating that a property or model release is required but not supplied is essentially the same thing.

RIP Flash - woof!

I was happy using Flash. Is it just me ? :unsure:

Like the Exclusive to Alamy tick box thing.

Won't be restricting my images to editorial only. I'd have missed out on 2x four figure $ advertising licences had I restricted my images to editorial only.

I can understand editorial only when covering events etc., as mentioned in Martin's post earlier in this thread.

RIP Flash - woof!

I was happy using Flash. Is it just me ? :unsure:

Like the Exclusive to Alamy tick box thing.

Won't be restricting my images to editorial only. I'd have missed out on 2x four figure $ advertising licences had I restricted my images to editorial only.

I can understand editorial only when covering events etc., as mentioned in Martin's post earlier in this thread.

To comply with accreditation limitations is the only time I would use the editorial only button. For the reasons you suggest.

Don't like Flash though but not as vehemently as some. I have it switched off and only switch it on, occasionally, for the BBC and Manage Images!

It all sounds good. A hammer is a hammer right?

Maybe wait until we have tried to hit a nail or two with it.

My own best sale ever would probably not have been if I would have ticked an editorial only box.

wim

Archived