I have been occupied for the last six months with a book project, hence have not submitted any images. But I submitted one image ten days ago and just had it approved. Is that the normal wait period now?

Tony

Time to get back to normal again, Ed  :)

And Tony, the ten days are not so abnormal if you end up in a slow queue. Normally I wait from 2-4 days, but it varies to a bit longer.

That's cause those reindeer keep kicking your digital setup, Niels.

12-48 hours is "normal" for me these days, unless of course...

That's a fast track past the sin bin, 4-5 days is more normal for me, but occasionally longer. Very occasionally, where several batches have been submitted over a number of days, the last lot will go through in 24 hours.

Had some failures in the early days, but never actually experienced life inside. No doubt my time will come...

There was a recent glitch with Alamy upload,  which resulted in photographers making duplicate uploads,  because the numbers were not being reported properly.  eg a delay, or not at all. So that probably caused a bit of a backlog!

What has changed? Usually when one fails you don't get the failed notice until 30 days later. I uploaded one yesterday and got the failure notice today? Does it mean I have to wait 30 days to upload again. That is - it will be 30 days until I get a pass or failure on anything I upload today? Have they changed their procedure?

I think you only have to wait 30 days if you are actually sin-binned. As Alamy have already given you the fail, you are not in the sin bin and you can upload more. I've failed, then uploaded more and it just took longer for the next batch to pass, but still within a week.

I don't know if this is new - I haven't been here long enough to know if things have changed.....

What has changed? Usually when one fails you don't get the failed notice until 30 days later. I uploaded one yesterday and got the failure notice today? Does it mean I have to wait 30 days to upload again. That is - it will be 30 days until I get a pass or failure on anything I upload today? Have they changed their procedure?

A, I suggest you test the situation by uploading one image right away. Make it a safe one and see if that passes . . . then you are good to go. If you've never had a QC failure before then QC has probably not given you the 28 days in the sin bin. Is this your first QC failed image? 

Edo

If you have seen James latest webcast he talks about new tools to expedite contributors upload of images from upload through QC and keywording.

Perhaps the early notice of a fail is part of the possible changes to come.

Allan

That was very civilized of QC to let you know so quickly. You must be living a charmed life. As far as I know, the procedure hasn't changed. My guess is that you can start uploading again whenever you like. But please don't quote me on that.

Archived