What has changed? Usually when one fails you don't get the failed notice until 30 days later. I uploaded one yesterday and got the failure notice today? Does it mean I have to wait 30 days to upload again. That is - it will be 30 days until I get a pass or failure on anything I upload today? Have they changed their procedure?

Nothing has changed. I think most of the time if you have a good QC record they let you know about the failure right away and you can just proceed as usual with more caution. Apparently that hasn't been true for everyone, alas.

Paulette

What has changed? Usually when one fails you don't get the failed notice until 30 days later. I uploaded one yesterday and got the failure notice today? Does it mean I have to wait 30 days to upload again. That is - it will be 30 days until I get a pass or failure on anything I upload today? Have they changed their procedure?

Nothing has changed. I think most of the time if you have a good QC record they let you know about the failure right away and you can just proceed as usual with more caution. Apparently that hasn't been true for everyone, alas.

Paulette

Yes, Alas.  Although I was notified quickly once, and after I picked myself up from the floor, did continue uploading.

Betty

I had a batch all approved and now on sale - but under my upload reporting area it said this batch Failed - but looking at all the images in the batch , they all passed

Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Will I get penalized for this on my next upload?

I had a batch all approved and now on sale - but under my upload reporting area it said this batch Failed - but looking at all the images in the batch , they all passed

That sounds very odd. Probably just a glitch in the system. Best to e-mail member services about it.

What color was the failed batch, red or orange? Orange indicates that something has Partially Failed, a glitch in the upload. You don't get punished for that. 

The Failed is red but it is not underlined, doesn't have the i in a blue circle beside it, and doesn't provide a link to the failed images like another Failed I had previously

I have e-mailed support, so hopefully they can sort this out for me as I already have a batch waiting in queue

Never knew about the orange / partial failure thing.

The Failed is red but it is not underlined, doesn't have the i in a blue circle beside it, and doesn't provide a link to the failed images like another Failed I had previously

I have e-mailed support, so hopefully they can sort this out for me as I already have a batch waiting in queue

Never knew about the orange / partial failure thing.

This happened to a friend of mine. It turned out that someone had pressed the wrong button. MS reversed it for her.

Pearl

I just had a QC pass in 3 hours. I must of just gotten in to the evening's batch. I uploaded it around 6pm on pacific time and saw a passed QC at 9pm.

This was my first upload with the lightroom plugin. The plugin is wonderful.

-Philip 

I had one fail about 2 months ago. I was notified right away and it didn't affect anything. But should I have another fail,  I am sure I will be joining the sin bin crowd. Even though it was an accidental upload (the CA was sooooo obvious) I have become even more diligent in inspecting at 100% and probably have binned shots that would have passed. Paranoia starts to set in.

Jill

If you have seen James latest webcast he talks about new tools to expedite contributors upload of images from upload through QC and keywording.

Perhaps the early notice of a fail is part of the possible changes to come.

Allan

It appears I have a batch which has failed, uploaded about 2 weeks ago. No sign of passing QC.

And no notice of a failure, so my previous post must be wrong.

Allan

I had two batches of 117 images awaiting QC for nearly a week and thought they would pass with the Saturday morning club as usual but they didn't so I sent an e.mail to member services to see what was going on as I have not had a fail for nearly four years and couldn't see any obvious errors.The two batches passed QC half an hour later….good work QC and MS staff !!!

Archived