Doc

March Challenge: Health

Hi all! Thanks to all who put in entries for February's competition, and congratulations to all the finalists!

I wish the purchasers liked the ghost horse image as much as the voters did!!

Also, thanks to Phillippe for setting an interesting topic, and to Col for stepping in with the judging :)

This months competition to go with my handle is "HEALTH" - any aspect, could be good health, bad health, healthy or not!

Usual rules, max 3 entries per photographer, entries end at midnight 31st March, which will give me 3 weeks to work out how to do a pol!

On my way to Spain this minute so will put some entries in in the next few days :)

Cheers

Kumar

• Upvote 1

Also, thanks to Phillippe for setting an interesting topic, and to Col for stepping in with the judging :)

Indeed.

Health, not sure that I do it.

DBAPT5.jpg

It's about time we saw a spot of blood in this thread, methinks

D11A2D.jpg

A nurse pricks a woman's finger to extract blood for a cholesterol test.

Edited by Bryan

Tough challenge. But who could be healthier than Popeye, the man who introduced the world to the power of canned spinach.

DTHNKB.jpg

Here's a smart, health-conscious fellow using one of Vancouver's new "Butt Bins," cigarette recycling receptacles. They apparently turn the butts into plastic pellets.

DTHNJB.jpg

Edited by John Mitchell

CMGNDP - Protesting cuts to government funding of dozens of private youth agencies and mental health and addiction treatment agencies

CMGNDP.jpg

à votre santé - Ann

Edited by ann

removing a skin cancer

AD4TH0.jpg

no longer healthy!

DA3PTH.jpg

stop smoking

A74KAR.jpg

OK, you guys. Bear with me. Imagine a children's book about "Going to the Dentist".

D0X4KH.jpg

D0X4KH  Gelada Baboon

D0X4JP.jpg

D0X4JP  California Sea Lion

C94NJH.jpg

C94NJH  African Lion

Ha! How's that for an imaginative interpretation of the theme! (My father was a dentist.)

Paulette

• Upvote 1

The historic Jacksonville Beach American Red Cross Volunteer Life Saving Corps Station plus a row of the iconic orange life guard chairs.

D9JJYB.jpg

American Red Cross Beach Rescue members setting dislocated shoulder of paddle board race competitor.

DWHC8D.jpg

Edited by Lynn Palmer

DRIVE-THRU FLU SHOT CLINIC

DF6TY0.jpg

Mountain View, California USA 29th September 2013 Daniel, a nursing student at San Jose State University, gives a patient from Los Altos a flu shot in the drive up flu shot express clinic in the parking garage of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation Clinic in Mountain View, California. Today is the first day of the drive up flu express clinic which runs until December 20, 2013. Alamy Live News

DW6GJB.jpg

Mother bicycling with her child in a bike trailer in Santa Barbara, California, living a healthy lifestyle.

Edited by Lisa

Here's a couple:

Public health warning on the Downtown Eastside:

DRXG6B.jpg

Old-fashioned remedies for good health:

DC1CAX.jpg

One of your "Five-a-Day"

D9AD59.jpg

A nod to "Mental Health"

DMKJPC.jpg

Hmmm!

D4B6JM.jpg

That is my three.

Allan

I just stumbled onto this challenge thing.  I'll play.

Do I need to explain them, or give a title?  Is there a post of how-to's and the rules?

ABFX9P.jpg

ABFX8W.jpg

ABFXGN.jpg

Edited by Reimar

Oh, yours are soooo right for the topic. Good for you. No "rules" beyond that you must have taken the photos yourself. Three entries each time. Some people don't put them all up at once.  Some of us write something about our images. The only "prize" is that you get to pick the next topic and select the finalists. Of course, that means you also have to set up the poll. Arrrrgh. Good to have you with us. I think it is a lot of fun.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette.  I was worried that the ones I chose were too "stocky", but we'll see.

Ah! Setting up the poll....I will need to look that one up!

Reimar - welcome and good choices of images - how can they be "too stocky" on Alamy I wonder? ;)

Kumar

• Upvote 1

Reimar - how can they be "too stocky" on Alamy I wonder? ;)

Kumar

Hah.  Good question.  I wasn't sure about the criteria for a winning shot.  It may be more along the lines of photo-club judge appeal rather than salability?  Of course none of those shots have sold (yet).

D2JKC5.jpg

Protestors on a march to save Lewisham Hospital from the hands of Jeremy Hunt! Its still under threat because he is  trying to change the law so he can  make it possible to close viable hospitals without proper consultation.

D78EHK.jpg

Members of St Johns Ambulance treating a male runner for cramp, at the roadside, during the 2013 London Marathon

Good challenge topic!  Here are my three.

AT10FX.jpg

Operating room with doctors and nurses

A2JGGP.jpg

Trauma center with a real patient

CFR0XN.jpg

The "green doctor" in California.

Here's another Photograph from me

commercial-photographers-in-york.jpg

I like that this month is a bit more stock related, rather than just pretty pictures in a camera club competition (nothing wrong with camera clubs, but this is a stock forum after all).

Edited by York Photographer

Here's my third, a stuffed puppy used to demonstrate life-saving oxygen mask for small pets at a Fire and Emergency Services trade show.

DRTB5A.jpg

Edited by Lynn Palmer

Insect-proof mesh doing its job; it's not just about slapping on some Deet when you're in the tropics...

DW3RR9.jpg

Chillis - the source of capsaicin, used as a topical analgesic...

D8C42M.jpg

Blood-filled syringe and 21G needle...

CXM6YY.jpg

Edited by Russell Watkins

AYN3F4.jpg

Dentist shop window sign Kathmandu

wim

Edited by wiskerke