1 hour ago, BidC said:

To be fair, life for a contracted photographer can't be easy either. Up at ( or before) dawn, travelling many miles, constantly searching for news stories ... At least for us this is an additional (though very tiny) additional income that pays for, well, possibly not very much but is a small reward for an enjoyable pursuit ... (I'm trying to focus on the positives here :) )

"Small reward for an enjoyable pursuit". What is enjoyable about supplying images for others to profit from?

• Like 1

For the past month my "Alamy Measures" has been working fine.

Today I checked it and it is telling me "Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected."  The date selected is from 18th April 24 to 17th May 24.

??????????????????????????????????

Allan

38 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

"Small reward for an enjoyable pursuit". What is enjoyable about supplying images for others to profit from?

Just my two cents. I enjoy it :) If you don't why carry on ? 

Hope you have a good weekend.

22 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Today I checked it and it is telling me "Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected."  The date selected is from 18th April 24 to 17th May 24.

Allan

I've had similar. You may find it kicks into action later .... (or tomorrow ...).

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BidC said:

I've had similar. You may find it kicks into action later .... (or tomorrow ...).

Thank you.

Allan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Same here.

All is not well behind the scenes...

just spied that an upload in the last few days has been duplicated somewhere along the process and 18 images has now become 36 in my image folio!!

....I lament 

4 hours ago, Nick Hatton said:

Same here.

OK now.

Allan

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

What puts salt in the wound is the complete silence from Alamy.  Some communication would be a bit respectful as all of us have invested many hours/days/months/years submitting as part of a reciprocal relationship.  There is nothing reciprocal about what has been going on the past couple months.  Our work is clearly being liquidated belying the contract stating they will get the highest revenue possible for our pics.  It is beyond comprehensible how Alamy has Ben treating its contributors from measures to price-per-photo to litigation to not replying to emails to not keeping contributors informed.  I actually think, like Stockimo, they will be shutting Alamy down once PA Media and AI have enough of our photos.  I no longer see any form of relationship between Alamy and contributors and we are all clearly being taken advantage of on many levels.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MarkK said:

What puts salt in the wound is the complete silence from Alamy.  Some communication would be a bit respectful as all of us have invested many hours/days/months/years submitting as part of a reciprocal relationship.  There is nothing reciprocal about what has been going on the past couple months.  Our work is clearly being liquidated belying the contract stating they will get the highest revenue possible for our pics.  It is beyond comprehensible how Alamy has Ben treating its contributors from measures to price-per-photo to litigation to not replying to emails to not keeping contributors informed.  I actually think, like Stockimo, they will be shutting Alamy down once PA Media and AI have enough of our photos.  I no longer see any form of relationship between Alamy and contributors and we are all clearly being taken advantage of on many levels.  

PA Media was hyped as being good for contributors. Wasn’t it???

19 hours ago, Nodvandigtid said:

All is not well behind the scenes...

just spied that an upload in the last few days has been duplicated somewhere along the process and 18 images has now become 36 in my image folio!!

....I lament 

If you refresh the page, the duplicates will disappear.

7 hours ago, MarkK said:

PA is, however, a news media. Why buy a stock agency and then run it down ?  We still do better at image pricing than the micro stock agencies pay.

I go weeks without checking Measures.
Taking-tagging-processing new salable
photos much more likely to boost me sales.
If I had, say, 5K total images, me primary
goal would be reaching 10K total images...
That's just me, Alamy, & subagents it seems...?

🧭_ 🧭_ 🧭

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
I go weeks without checking Measures.
Taking-tagging-processing new salable
photos much more likely to boost me sales.
If I had, say, 5K total images, me primary
goal would be reaching 10K total images...
That's just me, Alamy, & subagents it seems...?

🧭_ 🧭_ 🧭

I like to see what has been searched for ... for example, I now know that an image of a fire engine is more saleable (and brings a higher $) than that of a politician (!) [It must have been a very high class fire engine, is what I surmise 😉]

Posted (edited)
On 19/05/2024 at 01:58, MarkK said:

What puts salt in the wound is the complete silence from Alamy.  Some communication would be a bit respectful as all of us have invested many hours/days/months/years submitting as part of a reciprocal relationship

With respect, it is not a reciprocal relationship.  It is a commercial relationship.  “Respectful” has nothing to do with a commercial relationship.  You contribute photographs and Alamy sells them; taking a commission to do so.  If you don’t like the commercial relationship there is nothing stopping you terminating it.

The provision of “measures” is a service provided by Alamy.  I don’t believe it is a contractual service therefore Alamy owes contributors no obligation in this regard. Alamy is, in my view, better than a number of its competitors in a declining and oversupplied market place.

Edited by IanDavidson
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, IanDavidson said:

With respect, it is not a reciprocal relationship.  It is a commercial relationship.  “Respectful” has nothing to do with a commercial relationship.  You contribute photographs and Alamy sells them; taking a commission to do so.  If you don’t like the commercial relationship there is nothing stopping you terminating it.

The provision of “measures” is a service provided by Alamy.  I don’t believe it is a contractual service therefore Alamy owes contributors no obligation in this regard. Alamy is, in my view, better than a number of its competitors in a declining and oversupplied market place.

The acquisition of Alamy by PA was followed by a steep downward reduction of prices to the benefit of the PA group. Do you believe Alamy/PA are actually getting the best prices for us? I ask this as I see distributors seemingly getting better returns.

10 hours ago, IanDavidson said:

I think 'respect' is vital in any thriving relationship, commercial or otherwise.  But whether that includes a working 'measures' facility is debatable. A commercial relationship will generally always be weighted in one direction or another, dependant upon need. But nothing to stop people asking politely. 

Just my two cents ....  Maybe I have now progressed to 'acceptance' (and @Alamy heave a huge sigh of relief !)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

We're aware there's a current issue with Alamy Measures not being updated. This is affecting some contributors.

Our IT team are working on it, and are looking to fix the issue asap. Once it's back up and running you should be able to see all the Measures data updated again as normal.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused and we'll post any updates to this thread, including once the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Louise 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

On 18/05/2024 at 11:27, BidC said:

Or never, it all depends upon Alamy's priorities which always come first. This is a major problem, the system sounds really screwed.

• Like 2

Something is definitely wrong at Alamy!

I usually sell an average of 15 images a month. Last month was my worst month for about 7 and a half years with 5 sales. This month so far, only 3.

My views and zooms are really down, although CTR is above average.

My measures hasn't worked for a couple of days now.

Getting very disillusioned with Alamy at the moment!

John.

• Love 1
  • Like 2