Good to see views being reported again but the downside is without zooms CTR is effectively 0.

How I'm getting any views (204 reported this morning) surprises me.

27 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have 517 views for last 7 days. No zooms for at least 2 weeks, and both CTRs are zeroed out. This doesn’t bode well.

It's very spasmodic, isn't it. By 09.00am things had changed, but maybe not so many views as in previous times .... I'm beginning to be unsure what 'normal is' (!)

32 minutes ago, David eastley said:

I wonder if Alamy has lost all my images as nobody seems to be viewing or purchasing them in the last couple of weeks

I know the feeling about 3 weeks since the last sale Most peoples views and zooms are way down compared to last year 

7 views on Monday, 71 on Tuesday, 167 this morning. No zooms (only two in April), no sales reported since the 26 April. CTR 0.00.

Limited search shows images are not making the first 5 pages.

In the 'Have you found any Alamy images...' thread I notice some images used by Conde Nast are old, some more than 10 years, perhaps because they have used the images again and again and don't bother searching for newer images?

With more than 367 million images on Alamy I'm feeling like my drop in the ocean is not seen.

21 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

7 views on Monday, 71 on Tuesday, 167 this morning. No zooms (only two in April), no sales reported since the 26 April. CTR 0.00.

Limited search shows images are not making the first 5 pages.

In the 'Have you found any Alamy images...' thread I notice some images used by Conde Nast are old, some more than 10 years, perhaps because they have used the images again and again and don't bother searching for newer images?

With more than 367 million images on Alamy I'm feeling like my drop in the ocean is not seen.

Very similar here to your situation. Quite uncanny! For the same period as you I have had 115 views. No zooms this month and only 4 in April and, coincidentally, two reported sales only last month and both on 26th April. 

It still seems pot luck as to whether or not the search engine algorithm actually reaches your images or is 'truncated' to reduce search volume. I have noticed search tags pick up images in some instances almost indentical to some of my images but the tag is never recorded against any of my pseudonyms! Quite disheartening!  

• Like 1

My current cleared balance has been sitting within 3 or $4 for the last month. Sometime there's many sales (15+) but for very low amounts. And sometimes it feels like Alamy has went on holiday for the month. Gone for me are sales over $30 when once upon a time the occasional $180 book deal would drop in. The enjoyment of decent returns for me at least has long since gone. No inspiration to edit and upload. No idea of how the algorithm makes selection but it sure doesn't seem consistent, reliable or even if it's fair. Most frustrating.

8 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Very similar here to your situation. Quite uncanny! For the same period as you I have had 115 views. No zooms this month and only 4 in April and, coincidentally, two reported sales only last month and both on 26th April. 

It still seems pot luck as to whether or not the search engine algorithm actually reaches your images or is 'truncated' to reduce search volume. I have noticed search tags pick up images in some instances almost indentical to some of my images but the tag is never recorded against any of my pseudonyms! Quite disheartening!  

Thanks for replying.

So it's not just me.

But is it affecting everybody in the same way?

I have noticed those who report sales sometimes say they are also seeing a drop in activity.

Disheartening and demotivating.

1 hour ago, Nick Hatton said:

I can't help wondering if Alamy's sales are down as much as ours?

Would be interesting to know if this is true.

• Love 1

A zoom appeared today and 116 views.

Means CTR isn't zero..... for now.

Still no sales since 26 April and despite chasing an unreported use by the Daily Mail after waiting the prescribed 4 months a month later this one still hasn't been paid.

I couldn't run my business like Alamy run theirs which seems chaotic at best.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I no longer take much notice of measures; too many breakdowns.

The only thing I’m interested in is getting a sales report which unfortunately is becoming a rare event now. 

Edited by Dave Richards
Corrected punctuation
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I have reasonable numbers of sales on Alamy, but I am aware that in the last year or so numbers of views and zooms have reduced to about half of previous levels. However numbers of Sales and gross income have only reduced by about 10-20%, so Alamy have clearly altered their search engine.

In May I have so far, half way through the month, had 33 sales, 7518 views and 68 zooms. These figures are consistent with the past few months in terms of numbers, so I suspect Measures is working properly. (Disappointingly!)

Kumar

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have reasonable numbers of sales on Alamy, but I am aware that in the last year or so numbers of views and zooms have reduced to about half of previous levels. However numbers of Sales and gross income have only reduced by about 10-20%, so Alamy have clearly altered their search engine.

In May I have so far, half way through the month, had 33 sales, 7518 views and 68 zooms. These figures are consistent with the past few months in terms of numbers, so I suspect Measures is working properly. (Disappointingly!)

Kumar

Good to see consistency for some but I was used to 150+ views a day and regular zooms with far fewer images.

Regular sales were an encouragement to keep uploading more images.

Now views are all over the place (mostly low numbers) and zooms almost non-existent for me.

It seems that the resultant low CTR is affecting sales as I'm still waiting to see one this month.

I am an optimist by nature and don't like being a whinger but there isn't much point in adding images here if nobody sees them.

1059 views, 1 zoom and no sales to date this month.

My Zooms and CTR went way up this month after an abysmal period - CTR was 1.69 earlier this week. 

But tonight I can't see any sales history, nothing in measures though CTR graph is still showing a straight line up from a dismal 0.28 in March to 0.60 in April to more than doubling this month. If I recall correctly when I checked earlier this week, views were still lowish but I had 9 zooms I think which is a lot when views are low,  hence the above average CTR. Most were either the only one or one of two for the search term so translates to sales in the coming months & were on images that have never sold nor been zoomed before. A lot of quirky unusual stuff so hope it bodes well.

Frustrating though when simple metrics stop working. 

On 15/05/2024 at 11:46, Sultanpepa said:

My current cleared balance has been sitting within 3 or $4 for the last month. Sometime there's many sales (15+) but for very low amounts. And sometimes it feels like Alamy has went on holiday for the month. Gone for me are sales over $30 when once upon a time the occasional $180 book deal would drop in. The enjoyment of decent returns for me at least has long since gone. No inspiration to edit and upload. No idea of how the algorithm makes selection but it sure doesn't seem consistent, reliable or even if it's fair. Most frustrating.

To be fair, life for a contracted photographer can't be easy either. Up at ( or before) dawn, travelling many miles, constantly searching for news stories ... At least for us this is an additional (though very tiny) additional income that pays for, well, possibly not very much but is a small reward for an enjoyable pursuit ... (I'm trying to focus on the positives here :) )

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Nothing showing at all for me now in Measures in terms of data for the past month.

I get this message:

Why don't I have any data ?

Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected.

This is obviously incorrect as it was collecting data yesterday. I can only think they must be working on trying to fix Measures and so everything is down at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sally Robertson said:

Nothing showing at all for me now in Measures in terms of data for the past month.

I get this message:

Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected.

This is obviously incorrect as it was collecting data yesterday. I can only think they must be working on trying to fix Measures and so everything is down at the moment.

Odly I had sales earlier in the month when I was told by Measures I hadn't had any views! Measures is certainly screwed again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sally Robertson said:

I get this message:

This situation has been ongoing for months, so any fixing is taking an awfully long time ..... 

• Like 1