10 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

I keep getting a popup asking if I want to confirm abcdefg as my password when leaving my contributor dashboard.  I have had this happen before in the past.  

Isn't that just your browser (or Apple keychain) offering to store your Alamy password for you? If so, either say yes (if you want it to store it) or never, if you don't.

Mark

6 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Isn't that just your browser (or Apple keychain) offering to store your Alamy password for you? If so, either say yes (if you want it to store it) or never, if you don't.

Mark

Nope, not that.   The password it wants to store is an abcdefg... string.   I don't think my cat is smart enough to type that out with her paws.  I cleared history and some other things last night.   It popped up again just now.

I log in fine with my stored real Alamy password, and when I'm exiting, the weird password I'd never use (massive security hazard) pops up and asks me if I want to save it.  I turn on view password and yep, the massively insecure password again. 

Edited by Rebecca Ore
newest info

1 hour ago, Martin L said:

I'm still not convinced all is well in the 'Measures' world.

My zooms have suddenly shot up but a lot look suspiciously like the ones reported last month

Compared to what it used to be like everything has taken a nose dive Lost interest in it now Can't be bothered looking Even sales are a way down compared to last year so far 

7 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

Nope, not that.   The password it wants to store is an abcdefg... string.   I don't think my cat is smart enough to type that out with her paws.  I cleared history and some other things last night.   It popped up again just now.

I log in fine with my stored real Alamy password, and when I'm exiting, the weird password I'd never use (massive security hazard) pops up and asks me if I want to save it.  I turn on view password and yep, the massively insecure password again. 

Pardon if this is off the wall since I was standing behind the post when technical savvy was handed out. Recently my saved password for Alamy popped up wrong every single time I signed in. It was just off one letter, .coc instead of .com. Drove me nuts because I couldn’t correct the one letter but had to retype the whole string.
I went into the passwords & looked at them. I found some for Alamy in all caps, some beginning with one capital letter, & such. Plus the one that kept popping up. I deleted them all except the proper one. It’s all working like it should again.

On my iPad, I might mention.

Edited by Betty LaRue

5 hours ago, Martin L said:

I'm still not convinced all is well in the 'Measures' world.

My zooms have suddenly shot up but a lot look suspiciously like the ones reported last month

I agree things aren’t normal. I had 4 views for yesterday. Maybe measures were corrected for ONE DAY then went back to the status quo. A bandaid applied to our grumbles but no real long-term fix. You’d think I was the IT person or something, and that would be a disaster only shades worse than what we’re seeing. Okay….not really. I surely would be better….🙃😉

12 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I went into the passwords & looked at them. I found some for Alamy in all caps, some beginning with one capital letter, & such. Plus the one that kept popping up. I deleted them all except the proper one. It’s all working like it should again.

This wasn't in my Firefox passwords.   I may need to clear cookies.

13 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

What OS and Browser are you using?

Mark

Windows 11, Firefox. 

My cat isn't capable of typing the alphabet in consecutive letters on  my standard keyboard. The warning is to always show the password in a popup that wants you to accept a new password.   And never never use abcdefg or 1234567 as a password (that numerical one might be within my cat's capabilities, but the alphabet chain isn't. 

This wasn't "how do I fix this" -- it was a warning to anyone who might just click on such a thing.   Last time, it went away after a while.  I believe the other time was also an alphabet string.

This is a heads up to users if they see something similar. 

No sales or zooms for a week now, I reported it and what do you know 3 sales straight away, but back to zero now.

Edited by Nick Hatton
spelling
  • Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 07:43, Radim said:

today I'm down to 31 views again, it seems the fix isn't done yet

Agree! My zooms and views are now into low two digits and have been like that for more than a week. Fortunately sales are about average but I have not had one for 5 days now. 😞

• Love 1