Views and Zooms have dropped to near zero

mwakeling

Question

My CTR has dropped to just over 50 for the last 5 months. It's very steady now whereas it was higher and all over the place before. There's definitely been a change as there's very rarely any images showing more than 100 views. That wasn't the case in days gone by.

• Like 1

CTR the same for me.

Allan

My views and zooms are increasing.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

6 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

My CTR has dropped to just over 50 for the last 5 months. It's very steady now whereas it was higher and all over the place before. There's definitely been a change as there's very rarely any images showing more than 100 views. That wasn't the case in days gone by.

If you go to All of Alamy and look at the same search there are usually more views. So It's only in our personal view that we always see only 100. Who knows why.

Paulette

15 hours ago, NYCat said:

If you go to All of Alamy and look at the same search there are usually more views. So It's only in our personal view that we always see only 100. Who knows why.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette, I didn't know that.

On 23/05/2023 at 15:05, mwakeling said:

For some reason, my usually pretty good CTR has plummeted for April and May. I have had sales. Has something changed in Alamy's search algorithm?

I'm seeing this too. I've had 0 click-thrus for April, May, and so far none this month either. This is after having a rather above-average month in March. Something changed.

3 hours ago, Brian Yarvin said:

I'm almost down to zero. If it gets there, I'll announce it here. 

Going the same way. I could hardly believe I only had 16 views yesterday! A long way from over 300 views per day 14 months ago!! 

CTR up and down as usual, more or less, but views have shot down in the past month or two.

I hadn't checked back to see if I was imagining this, but I looked just now: yesterday I had c40% of the views of the same day last year (can't look back to previous years).

That was I remembered, more or less, so I think it will be the same on most days.

That's a huge drop in views.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

Here are my total views on June 20th 2022

https://www.selbyphotography.com/Alamy-summary-june-2022/i-BRbWwmB/A

And here they are on June 27th 2022 

https://www.selbyphotography.com/Alamy-summary-june-2022/i-XqJ4bs9/A

Since June 27th my total views has remained at 100.

So I asked Alamy and they said 

"it's perfectly normal to see sales going up and down over the course of a year" 

I didn't ask them about sales it was about views and I don't believe this has anything to do with anything normal . I have certainly never seen it before and I have been around since 2009.

Edited by Shergar
  • Like 1

Since March my CTR has shot up. For most of my time here at alamy I'd have if I was lucky 1 to 2 zooms per month, with a resultant CTR of around 0.1 to 0.2. My CTR was always pitifully low but oddly sales weren't. Now since March I'm getting around the alamy average CTR, oddly no sales in May though, but plenty of zooms. I'm guessing there's been a re-rank?

Edited by Cal

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

"it's perfectly normal to see sales going up and down over the course of a year" 

I didn't ask them about sales it was about views and I don't believe this has anything to do with anything normal . I have certainly never seen it before and I have been around since 2009.

Wow you were getting great numbers of views before.  My total views on 22 June 2022 was 179, and my total on 27 June 2023 was 301, not made up of round hundreds anywhere. Nowadays it's not unusual for my daily views (weekdays) to be around 35-50.

Shame Alamy has (presumably) cut their support staff and trained them to speed read, pick up trigger words and click an auto reply. Apparently.

Or maybe that was just one unfortunate human error, to which I'm all too prone.

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

For some reason for a lot of us the views have been stuck at 100 for a while. That is on the Dashboard. If you look at the same search term in All of Alamy you will see a more accurate count of views. Unless I have mis-read what you showed us and there is something else for you.

Paulette

Paulette

46 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Wow you were getting great numbers of views before.  My total views on 22 June 2022 was 179, and my total on 27 June 2023 was 301, not made up of round hundreds anywhere. Nowadays it's not unusual for my daily views (weekdays) to be around 35-50.

Shame Alamy has (presumably) cut their support staff and trained them to speed read, pick up trigger words and click an auto reply. Apparently.

Or maybe that was just one unfortunate human error, to which I'm all too prone.

If you get a minute Check 20th  June 2022 and compare it with  27th June 2022.

Edited by Shergar

51 minutes ago, Shergar said:

If you get a minute Check 20th  June 2022 and compare it with  27th June 2022.

2022 is the only June 20th or 27th available to me. Can you see earlier ones?

20-6-22: 128 (total)

27-6-22: 301 (total)

3 hours ago, Shergar said:

I don't understand the numbers you're showing. Are they for a whole month? They are very high if that's just for 1 day. Instead of looking at the line by line entries which suffer from the max views recorded = 100 "feature" (where views of more than 100 appear on separate lines instead). Try checking total views instead.

Here are my weekly views and zooms from around that time. The effect of the Alamy re-rank around 1st May on my views is clearly visible. My BHZ image also jumped from position 873 to 260 at the same time.

Screenshot-at-Jun-07-20-57-25.png

Mark 

Edited by M.Chapman
Updated screenshot

8 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

2022 is the only June 20th or 27th available to me. Can you see earlier ones?

20-6-22: 128 (total)

27-6-22: 301 (total)

No in your reply above you wrote "Wow you were getting great numbers of views before.  My total views on 22 June 2022 was 179, and my total on 27 June 2023 was 301" It wasn't 27th June 2023 I was interested in it was 27th June 2022 I believe thats when everything changed 

38 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I don't understand the numbers you're showing. Are they for a whole month? They are very high if that's just for 1 day. Instead of looking at the line by line entries which suffer from the max views recorded = 100 "feature" (where views of more than 100 appear on separate lines instead). Try checking total views instead.

Here are my weekly views and zooms from around that time. The effect of the Alamy re-rank around 1st May on my views is clearly visible. My BHZ image also jumped from position 873 to 260 at the same time.

Screenshot-at-Jun-07-20-57-25.png

Hi Mark its the total views for one day (not my total views) Its in Alamy measures under "your images"  If you look at the 2 images in my original post you will see how this changed  from the 20th of june to the 27th 2022.

Edited by Shergar

56 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Hi Mark its the total views for one day (not my total views) Its in Alamy measures under "your images"  If you look at the 2 images in my original post you will see how this changed  from the 20th of june to the 27th 2022.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were showing your personal figures!

11 hours ago, Shergar said:

OK I think I've got it now. I repeated what I think you've done and don't see clipping at 100 all the time (try sorting by the views column by clicking at the top so the highest no of views appear 1st). I assume the lists in your screenshot were sorted by search term? In which case, could it possibly be just down to chance that the first searches listed on 27th Jun are ones where the customer only looked at the first page (that is very common). Try sorting by the Total Views column.

Screenshot-at-Jun-08-08-16-32.png

Screenshot-at-Jun-08-08-15-19.png

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman