Views and Zooms have dropped to near zero

mwakeling

Question

3 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

Perhaps true but a regular search of one of my main subject areas still throws up the same images as when I first started with Alamy, many of which are irrelevant to the search terms and the majority are old images with none of mine breaking into the first 5 pages. Makes me wonder why I bother🤔

I think a lot of us are thinking this - lets face it the very small dopamine hit from selling a $1 image soon fades :)

15 hours ago, CarlMillerPhotos said:

Agreed. If I was doing this for a living and not just to pay for my Photoshop subscription and website hosting (which it barely does these days) I'd have been gone long ago. Looking at my stats is just depressing. I got into ham radio recently. It's a much more rewarding hobby. - KQ4CM

Carl, ham radio can be a rewarding hobby, but it doesn't pay unless you can undertake hardware repairs. - M0SVB

17 hours ago, Julie Edwards said:

My assumption is not that the ranking and reporting system has changed or failed. It's that PA owned images (from PAmedia owned agencies) are now placed with a higher ranking than non-owned images and therefore all freelancers will see reduced results.. which makes 100% financial sense and makes the business case for the purchase 

That sounds logical. If I'm shooting an event and recognise a PA photographer there the chances of sales are greatly reduced.

4 hours ago, sb photos said:

That sounds logical. If I'm shooting an event and recognise a PA photographer there the chances of sales are greatly reduced.

In that case why do we bother any more?

Allan

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

In that case why do we bother any more?

Allan

Well I'm not as keen about uploading as I used to be. I've got images on the hard drive that I can't be bothered editing. I've not had much luck with news anyway TBH. It's time consuming with little return.

2 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

Another day where nothing seems to have updated☹️

I get the impression that I no longer exist on Alamy. Views zero, CTR zero, sales this month zero.

I see no reason to process those images  I currently have awaiting captions and keywords until I see some positive movement on my account. Currently have over $50 in my account from previous sales with $45 cleared. The way things are I’m not holding my breath for a payout at month end.

• Like 1

On 09/09/2023 at 03:08, sb photos said:

Carl, ham radio can be a rewarding hobby, but it doesn't pay unless you can undertake hardware repairs. - M0SVB

This hobby isn't exactly paying either. Not since the new owners took over Alamy anyway. This morning my account balance and sales  history aren't working either. It's like a slow implosion.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave Richards said:

I get the impression that I no longer exist on Alamy. Views zero, CTR zero, sales this month zero.

I see no reason to process those images  I currently have awaiting captions and keywords until I see some positive movement on my account. Currently have over $50 in my account from previous sales with $45 cleared. The way things are I’m not holding my breath for a payout at month end.

At last something positive today and seems I will be getting a payout at month end.

Still waiting for a September sale though.

Edited by Dave Richards
Added text

Curious to know if anyone else is seeing a lack of zooms. 3 sales this month so far but none were zoomed (I know it doesn't necessarily follow).

CTR is still at 0 for October which theoretically means my images are invisible.

Views are all over the place again as well.

I try to ignore all this and would prefer sometimes not to have this information available.

20 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

Curious to know if anyone else is seeing a lack of zooms. 3 sales this month so far but none were zoomed (I know it doesn't necessarily follow).

CTR is still at 0 for October which theoretically means my images are invisible.

Views are all over the place again as well.

I try to ignore all this and would prefer sometimes not to have this information available.

Yes, zooms have been very low for a few months. Views seem to be holding up to my normal expectations, but only two zooms and one sale so far this month. Those two zooms saved my CTR from completely 'tanking' but at this rate that won't last long.

• Thanks 1

I had a bit of a hiccup from May to June. For some reason my CTR dropped from 0.63 to 0.19 and has not recovered.

Dec 22 to May 23 average CTR 0.50 with 21 sales, 9,619 views and 48 zooms.

June 23 to Oct 23 average CTR 0.19 with 9 sales, 7,615 views and 22 zooms.

So what went wrong between May and June this year?

As it is with two months to go till end of year I am struggling to meet sales for last year when I should have passed them by now. With sale prices as they are are doubt I will match last years figure as well.

Allan

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I had a bit of a hiccup from May to June. For some reason my CTR dropped from 0.63 to 0.19 and has not recovered.

Dec 22 to May 23 average CTR 0.50 with 21 sales, 9,619 views and 48 zooms.

June 23 to Oct 23 average CTR 0.19 with 9 sales, 7,615 views and 22 zooms.

So what went wrong between May and June this year?

As it is with two months to go till end of year I am struggling to meet sales for last year when I should have passed them by now. With sale prices as they are are doubt I will match last years figure as well.

Allan

I’m lagging behind last year for sales value and 10 sales short of matching last years sales volume, despite still uploading.

• Thanks 1