Need HELP! There is not any photo sold out on my portfolio since Jun 2018 to Mar 2021.....I'm going the wrong way here?

My portfolio is Chuanchai , I have joined in Alamy since Jun 2018 to Mar 2021. There is 3,138 Photos on my portfolio. 

I am surprised that my photo never sold out over 2 years. I don't know that it is normal here or not?

Anyone can give me an advice? My portfolio as below.

https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?pseudoid=%7b77F78198-DC69-45F7-BB97-1D3F976917FA%7d&name=chuanchai%2bpundej&st=11&mode=0&comp=1

Someone can help?

Thank you in advance.

Chuanchai

• Like 1

You have tons of similars.  Lots of images, but very few subjects.  When you take these images, try and think why someone would buy them.  Alamy is a very editorial agency and buyers tend to want reality images of life, not posed images.  Many of your images look staged and unnatural.  Lots of pretty girl shots, but why would someone buy them?

Keywords could do with a little work as well.

Always think like a buyer when you are taking and uploading images.  For help, look through the threads in the forum with the subject Images Sold. There is a thread for every month.  This will give you an idea of the types of images that buyers on Alamy are looking for.

Here is a link to this month's images sold:  

Jill

• Love 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, FotoArtist said:

My portfolio is Chuanchai , I have joined in Alamy since Jun 2018 to Mar 2021. There is 3,138 Photos on my portfolio. 

I am surprised that my photo never sold out over 2 years. I don't know that it is normal here or not?

I don't think it is normal.  Most people would have reassess before if the meet clients' needs before uploading more of the same.  

Curious, in your Alamy measure for the last 12 months.

How many Views,  Zoom do you have, what is your Total CTR?    This may help assess some start of where the issues are.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Lots of people posing for the camera. To be saleable the images should really be of people DOING things. Typing, digging a hole, conversing with someone else, etc.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I would say your experience is not normal Chuanchai.  Yes, you have some photos that look too posed and there are a lot of duplicates.  But still.  You also have some very good shots.  After 2 years you should have had many sales.  As meanderingemu suggested, check your other stats for clues.  Something is not right here.

• Love 1

Something that hits me right away is the lack of information in your captions. For instance, the caption for 2E492DB is "row of plants in the garden". Where is the garden (location)? What kind of plants are they (common and scientific names)? What colours are the plants? There is also a hand in the image. What is the person doing? What season is it? If you don't supply this type of information, Alamy customers will not be able to find your images. Best of luck.

• Love 4
  • Like 4

are these same photos also available on a micro-stock site? If that were the case, why would anyone pay more. Clients do check other sites. As others have suggested, your information is limited. You hardly ever name the location. Clients really want to know this information.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

You have used the caption for your image 2EKA45W on a number of other cowboy images that don't have a cowboy holding a gun. Accuracy is important for each image. I suggest also putting "cowboys" in the tags. I add singular and plural always. You have a lot of good images and the best are the ones that don't look posed. If you have had zooms pay attention to the search words people have used. That may give you an idea about which of your subjects will draw customer interest. Sometimes it does depend on whether your images suit a subject in the news. My polar bears do better than any of my other animals because people are interested in global warming.

Paulette

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Your cowboy images with the smoke look great, I’m guessing these are South American scenes if they are a site like Alamy would licence them much easier with an exact location, so a book publisher could use it in the right context, keyword for the cowboy image perhaps “gaucho” etc the country and state where they were taken.

Edited by Normspics
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

2EK977N  

"The silhouette of rider as cowboy outfit costume with a horses and a gun held in the hand against smoke and sunset background"

It's not a silhouette, no gun in hand, it's not horses, it's a single horse, it's isn't a sunset background and the smoke looks like mist.

Edited by mickfly
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert M Estall said:

are these same photos also available on a micro-stock site? If that were the case, why would anyone pay more. Clients do check other sites. As others have suggested, your information is limited. You hardly ever name the location. Clients really want to know this information.

In fact it appears that they are available on just about every other royalty free site that I can think of.  The OPs main competition seems to be himself.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, NYCat said:

You have used the caption for your image 2EKA45W on a number of other cowboy images that don't have a cowboy holding a gun. Accuracy is important for each image. I suggest also putting "cowboys" in the tags. I add singular and plural always. You have a lot of good images and the best are the ones that don't look posed. If you have had zooms pay attention to the search words people have used. That may give you an idea about which of your subjects will draw customer interest. Sometimes it does depend on whether your images suit a subject in the news. My polar bears do better than any of my other animals because people are interested in global warming.

Paulette

What Paulette said. Take out the people looking at the camera, and there are a lot of good images. Keyword and caption accuracy is very important.

• Love 1

Yeah, the cattle don't look like European dairy cattle, but more like the Zebu hybrids that I see down here, and one of them is a bull or steer.   They very well can be used for dairy, though, except for the bulls.   Where things take place can be part of searches.  If you're in a culture where getting people to not pose but where sneaking up on them photographically can be also problematic, you have to come up with a way to talk to them and get them to do things without it looking forced. 

Also, if the skirt isn't visible in the photo, don't mention it. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, mickfly said:

2EK977N  

"The silhouette of rider as cowboy outfit costume with a horses and a gun held in the hand against smoke and sunset background"

It's not a silhouette, no gun in hand, it's not horses, it's a single horse, it's isn't a sunset background and the smoke looks like mist.

Lots of well shot images, so the problem may be how you are targeting them. While the caption seems OK, this one has tags of Mexico, Montana, Texas (it can only be one place) as well as wallpaper, vintage, leather, lasso, drawing, design, rope, rodeo, people etc none of which apply to the specific image. Searches which throw your images up for these terms but is not what a buyer is looking for will only downgrade your ranking. So a lot of hard work reviewing your keywords may yield better results. 

With over 3,000 well photographed images (though I concur with the ‘too many posed shots’ view) you ought to have had some sales. And there may be other factors, it appears, such as where your images are for sale. Time for a review and rethink.

• Love 4

17 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

You have tons of similars.  Lots of images, but very few subjects.  When you take these images, try and think why someone would buy them.  Alamy is a very editorial agency and buyers tend to want reality images of life, not posed images.  Many of your images look staged and unnatural.  Lots of pretty girl shots, but why would someone buy them?

Keywords could do with a little work as well.

Always think like a buyer when you are taking and uploading images.  For help, look through the threads in the forum with the subject Images Sold. There is a thread for every month.  This will give you an idea of the types of images that buyers on Alamy are looking for.

Here is a link to this month's images sold:  

Jill

Thank you very much for comment and advice, it is useful to me and I have to reconsider photo on my portfolio. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL ABOVE COMMENTS AND IDEAS, I AGREE TO YOUR COMMENTS THAT MAKE ME SEE MY PROBLEM POINTS AND NEED TO REVIEW MY PORTFOLIO AGAIN.
ALL MY PHOTOS CAN BE SOLD ON ANOTHER MICRO STOCK WITH GOOD RETURN EARNING BUT NOT SUITABLE FOR ALAMY, THAT MAKE ME SURPRISED. 
REFER TO ALL ABOVE COMMENTS. I HAVE TO RESET MY THINKING AGAIN AND TO GET MORE FOCUS ON CAPTIONING AND TAGGING ON MY IMAGE.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL KINDLY ABOVE ADVICE COMMENTS. 

CHUANCHAI

1 hour ago, FotoArtist said:

BUT NOT SUITABLE FOR ALAMY, THAT MAKE ME SURPRISED. 
REFER TO ALL ABOVE COMMENTS. I HAVE TO RESET MY THINKING AGAIN AND TO GET MORE FOCUS ON CAPTIONING AND TAGGING ON MY IMAGE.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL KINDLY ABOVE ADVICE COMMENTS. 

CHUANCHAI

sorry, but i am not sure how you can conclude this

This would be like concluding that a premium wine is not suitable for a fancy restaurant when you labelled it "Liquid in a glass container", had it in kids menu and offering it next door at a deep deep discount.  .

I have looked at many of your solid image, and tried to be a client and find them and rarely did because what i saw in the image was not in search results, or flooded through to many similars. Again look at your stats, what is your CTR? 

• Love 3

FotoArtist - just to add a note of positivity, I would be reassured that the quality of your images are not a problem, but as many others have said the subject matter and quantity of similar images is likely to be the reason that your sales are not forthcoming.

Good luck

• Love 2
  • Like 2

You could caption better and edit tighter, sure, but if the same images are available at much cheaper prices at microstock sites you are NEVER going to sell on Alamy. Well, you might get lucky once or twice.but buyers do shop around for the best deals

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Many people have said this - way too many similars and substandard tagging. However, I think the biggest issue, as Robert alluded to, is you’re competing against yourself on microstock. No buyer in their right mind is going to spend dollars on an image here when they can buy it for cents on a microstock site.  

• Like 2