November Challenge - Cold

Colin Woods

Help, Ann. it seems to me I've seen you and others make a link to the pop-up image that allowed people to click on your name and see your images. When I copy the URL by right-clicking on the pop-up I just get a link to the image on a page by itself. I tried copying the URL up above and then I get a link to the page the image appears on. Where am I going wrong? Do I need to find my image by it's number first so it is the only image on the page?

Paulette

Hi Paulette -

• put image # in search box & click
  • click on thumbnail
  • copy  URL at top of pop up page

For your image DDTEBK, this is the URL your'll get for pop up page (you need to click on below link to see the entire URL), so use it to make live link in message:

http://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid={06CCD56F-8E30-40B7-B042-C5B73A555231}&p=71542&n=0&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&srch=foo%3dbar%26st%3d0%26sortby%3d2%26qt%3dDDTEBK%2520%26qt_raw%3dDDTEBK%2520%26qn%3d%26lic%3d3%26mr%3d0%26pr%3d0%26aoa%3d1%26creative%3d%26videos%3d%26nu%3d%26ccc%3d%26bespoke%3d%26apalib%3d%26ag%3d0%26hc%3d0%26et%3d0x000000000000000000000%26vp%3d0%26loc%3d0%26ot%3d0%26imgt%3d0%26dtfr%3d%26dtto%3d%26size%3d0xFF%26archive%3d1%26name%3d%26groupid%3d%26pseudoid%3d%26userid%3d%26id%3d%26a%3d-1%26xstx%3d0%26cbstore%3d0%26lightbox%3d%26resultview%3dsortbyPopular%26gname%3d%26gtype%3d%26saveQry%3d%26editorial%3d%26nasty%3d%26t%3d0%26edoptin%3d%26customgeoip%3d&IsFromSearch=1

- Ann

-----------------------------------------

lost the formatting of Paulette's below comment when I edited my response:

---------------------------------------

Help, Ann. it seems to me I've seen you and others make a link to the pop-up image that allowed people to click on your name and see your images. When I copy the URL by right-clicking on the pop-up I just get a link to the image on a page by itself. I tried copying the URL up above and then I get a link to the page the image appears on. Where am I going wrong? Do I need to find my image by it's number first so it is the only image on the page?

Paulette

At last!!! For those others who are technically challenged the secret was to expand the pop-up to the full screen. That was when the URL was of the pop-up and not the page. Thanks so much, Ann.

Paulette

Wonderful cold images!

Has anyone thought about 'cold' as an emotion in people?

Unresponsive, aloof, lacking empathy, distant.

Just a thought to widen the brief.

Chris E

Shhhhhhhhh, I'm saving that definition up in the hope we have a future subject of "Australian Prime Minister" . . .

dd

BWK66C.jpg

Summit of Mont Blanc. 

BY48PF.jpg

Lonely cyclist pushes bike through snow. 

CEBWKY.jpg

Road on North Downs, Surrey. 

Living in Oslo Norway cold photo opportunities are easy to find, so much that I find that I have forgotten to include "cold" when keywording many of my winter winter photos.

Grethe

D035RY.jpg

First attempts.

CX0P47.jpg

Winter challenges in Oslo.

CX0K8B.jpg

Icy cold Oslo fjord.

Took these today, so still up for QC, so thought I would just upload from my site.

smallIMG_6809.jpg

smallIMG_6820.jpg

hanging-ice.jpg

As usual it was a very dark day.  One of these days I am going to hit some sunny weather to get some shots.

Jill

Edited to change a pic.

Archived