October 2020 favorite uploads

Bill Brooks

Same image rotated and flipped to gain second image. If you are shooting straight down there is no "up", therefore both versions of the same shot are valid. Last of the fall flowers in Toronto.

Full frame Canon 5Ds hand held 100mm 2.8 Macro 1/200 F11 ISO 400. This is a small flower, so F11 for focus depth on central bloom, but F11 made rest of image too in focus. Therefore blurred and darkened rest of image in software to place more emphasis on sharp, properly exposed, central bloom.

catharanthus-roseus-madagascar-periwinkl

catharanthus-roseus-madagascar-periwinkl

Edited by Bill Brooks
  • Love 1

Some from the USA over ten years ago:

2D27ADM.jpg

Tourists from Vermont at a Skyline Drive overlook.  Took a bit of massaging to get the background mountains to show without making the convertible overprocessed.  2009 Chrysler Sebring convertible. 

2D27AHW.jpg

Tourists photographing deer in Big Meadows.  During the autumn hunting season, a number of deer come out of the non-protected areas into Shenandoah National Park and seem particularly attracted to Big Meadows, perhaps because they can spot coyotes at a distance easier.  They tend to either ignore people or try to persuade them to ignore the "Don't feed the Wildlife" signs.  

Edited by MizBrown
details

OH's nice pub lunch today, my first time in a pub since February. This should be in the "good thing today" thread.

Barbary duck with red cabbage, though I had the less photogenic steak and gorgonzola pie.

2D3H0CY.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

To me, this image represents the epitomy of the Australian Outback.

2D4RKNJ.jpg

I actually had my head in cow s**t to take this pic. What wouldn't I do for Alamy??

2D4RKPG.jpg

• Love 2

These are my favourits for October uploads so far.

Sign on side of Wigford Way bridge over river Witham navigation.

sign-on-side-of-wigford-way-bridge-over-river-witham-navigation-through-lincoln-august-2020-2D12TRY.jpg

This one is apt for the covid peroid.

Chapter House Lincoln cathedral

chapter-house-lincoln-cathedral-august-2020-2D12TE2.jpg

Leaning street light on corner of Steep Hill Lincoln

leaning-street-light-on-corner-of-steep-hill-lincoln-august-2020-2D12TGB.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Cacoory Bore and its steaming 85C hot water at sunrise, near Birdsville, Queensland, Australia

We camped there and it was magic. We had the Bush to ourselves.

2D54NJK.jpg

Making an effort to include people. Music night in a crazy Outback pub, the Daly Waters Pub, Northern Territory.

2D54TJ0.jpg

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

liverpool-2D4YNJJ.jpg

There was some nice light the other day. I wonder . . . what would you call that thing the lady is balancing on? 

Dangerous.

Allan

• Love 1

47 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Ah. Thanks, Phil. I hope you're staying safe down there on your Spanish island.

We're doing ok here as far as safe goes! Covid figures are going down again...Now just need to get the tourist figures up a bit. 

Economy is taking a beating and unemployment is pretty bad.

All my private commissioned work has dried up, but fortunately a few direct sales, Alamy and the OH pension is keeping us on the go.

Phil

My old classic car which I sold three weeks ago in order to finance a change to an electric car. Less worrying about what will fail, less wrenching, less oil on the garage floor but I do miss the idea of having a classic car and that V8 rumble. 🙂

porsche-928-from-1979-the-car-was-meant-

• Love 2

Tried to do something a bit abstract. These beech trees ?

Woodland scene on Limpsfield Common, near Oxted, Surrey, UK. Stock Photo

Woodland scene on Limpsfield Common, near Oxted, Surrey, UK.

My attempt at being a news photographer/photojournalist (which i'm not).

The colours represent the Armenian tricolour flag.

Pro Armenian protest highlighting and raising awareness of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Whitehall, London, UK. Stock Photo

Pro Armenian protest highlighting and raising awareness of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Whitehall, London, UK.
Edited by AlbertSnapper
  • Love 1