Images sold in September 2020

Editorial website, low $$

I spent a single day (about 9 hours) on Nantucket 10 years ago and have earned more from that trip via stock sales than any other before or since.  I have another view of this lighthouse that has earned me a few $1,000 (between sales here and elsewhere), and is among my top 10 best stock photo sellers. I uploaded this one a few years ago when I took a second look at the shoot as I was transferring backups to a new hard drive, and it sold here for $250 not long after. It's sold again a couple of times since though for consecutively lower prices each time. 

I miss summer vacations. And fall vacations...and $$$ sales...

Sankaty Head Lighthouse Nantucket Massachusetts, built in 1850, sweeping view of the moors and sea in autumn fall Stock Photo

• Love 3

Glad to get off the mark, even for lowish $$.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Website ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 02-September-2020 ; End: 02-September-2025; Additional Details: Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

tom-pidcock-wiggins-beats-connor-swift-on-the-line-in-elite-mens-2018-ovo-energy-tour-series-cycle-race-at-wembley-london-uk-round-7-bike-race-MWEMYF.jpg

• Love 2

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Corporate Package Use – Internal use and external non-advertising use ;  Industry Sector: General business services

Mid $$

FX5P81.jpg

• Love 2

National Express Coach. M6 Motorway, Southbound, Shap, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

national-express-coach-m6-motorway-southbound-shap-cumbria-england-united-kingdom-europe-T1XT9G.jpg

Usage: Magazine, Any editorial digital use. Any Placement.Repeat use permitted
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 02 September 2020
End: 02 September 2022

• Love 1

1 of 3 sold yesterday for a calendar - low to mid $$.

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Calendar
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Start: 01 August 2020
End: 01 August 2021
Up to 25,000, includes inside or cover use, and thumbnail on the back page. Image can be repeated up to 3 times in a different product within 3 years of invoicing.

John.

The listed buildings of Longton Cemetery Chapels, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs, England, UK

the-listed-buildings-of-longton-cemetery-chapels-stoke-on-trent-staffs-CBN8KB.jpg

• Love 3

Hmm, a new low value for a UK-based non-distro web editorial, normally reserved for Slovenia etc 😞

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 03-September-2020 ; Duration: Unlimited ;
Additional Details: Online only, single placement, any size, life of article rights

trooping-the-colour-2018-meghan-markle-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-in-carriage-on-the-mall-london-P0MPWM.jpg

POMPWM - 'Pomp Windsor Markle'?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rick Lewis said:

For some odd reason the vast majority of my sales come at the very end of the month so this was a big surprise this morning.

closed-and-abandoned-drive-in-theater-in

This sold as RF for a nice $$ amount.  No details as to how it will be used though.

Rick

That's what I thought it was. An old drive in movie screen.

Are they declining in use ?    ...could be a good landscape project to do, a series of the old outdoor cinema screens across the US.

My first September sale.  During the lockdown, I shot a bunch of household items and products from my kitchen.  I guess it paid off.  This sold for low $$$ for U.S. Television use.  The Goya brand was in the news a lot here recently, so I am thinking that the use was tied to that.

Food Goya black beans frijoles negros low sodium Stock Photo

• Love 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

That's what I thought it was. An old drive in movie screen.

Are they declining in use ?    ...could be a good landscape project to do, a series of the old outdoor cinema screens across the US.

Hi Albert,

That's exactly what it is.  There are very few left of any sort in this country.  They used to be a staple in rural areas due to low overhead (no building etc), but they are hard to find now, even as run down as this one is.  Most have been repurposed into parking lots or businesses of some sort.  But that would be an awesome project!

Rick

2 hours ago, Gina Kelly said:

Also, I seem to not be able to copy the image link the way I used to - could someone explain how to copy it with the Alamy watermark? Thank you!

Not sure what sort of device you are working on but I only do it on my desktops or laptop.  I have two tabs open, one with the Alamy image open and the other with the forum open.  I then drag the photo from one window to the other.  Its best to have the image tab made smaller so it does not fill the whole screen.  I used to right click on the image but that doesn’t seem to work anymore.  I hope this makes sense.

• Love 1

A rare (for me) RF sale that showed up today. The only terms given are "single company - multiple editorial use"  with no file size, so it's more like an RM license -- high $$, direct and exclusive to Alamy. Better prices so far this month, which is good to see.

Only a few steps from my back door...

canada-goose-weather-vane-on-a-house-roo

• Love 2

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

My first September sale.  During the lockdown, I shot a bunch of household items and products from my kitchen.  I guess it paid off.  This sold for low $$$ for U.S. Television use.  The Goya brand was in the news a lot here recently, so I am thinking that the use was tied to that.

Congratulations. That should buy a lot more beans.

• Love 2