Images sold in September 2020

5 hours ago, Rick Lewis said:

Hi Albert,

That's exactly what it is.  There are very few left of any sort in this country.  They used to be a staple in rural areas due to low overhead (no building etc), but they are hard to find now, even as run down as this one is.  Most have been repurposed into parking lots or businesses of some sort.  But that would be an awesome project!

Rick

I shot this one in Oklahoma. Still in use, or was a couple of years ago when I shot this. Perfect example of “rural”, what with the hay bale!

F39REJ.jpg

• Love 2

15 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Not sure what sort of device you are working on but I only do it on my desktops or laptop.  I have two tabs open, one with the Alamy image open and the other with the forum open.  I then drag the photo from one window to the other.  Its best to have the image tab made smaller so it does not fill the whole screen.  I used to right click on the image but that doesn’t seem to work anymore.  I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Michael! I also used to right click but that no longer works. I appreciate your help :)

A more encouraging start to September with two mid $$ sales today making for five in total of various values. Hopefully that'll continue.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Marketing package - Small business ;  Start: 04-September-2020 ; End: 04-September-2025 ;
Additional Details: Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for small companies - up to 10 people.

red-bull-soapbox-race-at-ally-pally-in-london-taking-place-in-the-alexandra-park-grounds-below-alexandra-palace-around-60-teams-entered-using-the-contours-to-allow-gravity-to-send-the-un-powered-hand-made-soapbox-carts-down-the-course-which-includes-ramps-of-various-designs-which-sometimes-damage-the-carts-as-they-land-W2A5KD.jpg

• Love 6

Mid $$ for this one, sold yesterday  

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 August 2020
End: 01 August 2025

Kittiwake nesting on the Tyne Bridge in Newcastle

Kittiwakes (Rissa tridactyla) nesting on the Tyne Bridge in Newcastle, England. Stock Photo

• Love 3
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AlanC said:

Mid $$ for this one, sold yesterday  

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 August 2020
End: 01 August 2025

Kittiwake nesting on the Tyne Bridge in Newcastle

Kittiwakes (Rissa tridactyla) nesting on the Tyne Bridge in Newcastle, England. Stock Photo

I just hate to see birds nest in/on precarious places. I’ve seen nest on traffic lights smack dab int the middle of an intersection.  I’ve seen enough baby birds that have fallen to the ground before they can fly to know those scary places can possibly not end well.  
I once treed myself returning a nestling back to its nest, then started shaking and couldn’t climb back down. When I was a kid, I was half squirrel. No more.

First for the month only $

Usage: Editorial, Editorial web post, including downloadable PDF version, single design, worldwide, in perpetuity
Media: Editorial website
Start: 01 September 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

people-standing-by-art-by-brian-donnelly-aka-kaws-sculptor-and-graffiti-artist-exhibition-at-national-gallery-of-victoria-ngv-melbourne-australia-2ADWK95.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I just hate to see birds nest in/on precarious places. I’ve seen nest on traffic lights smack dab int the middle of an intersection.  I’ve seen enough baby birds that have fallen to the ground before they can fly to know those scary places can possibly not end well.  
I once treed myself returning a nestling back to its nest, then started shaking and couldn’t climb back down. When I was a kid, I was half squirrel. No more.

Kittiwakes are (normally) cliff-nesting seabirds, so precarious places are their stock in trade!  They've been nesting on the Tyne bridge and nearby buildings (particularly the Baltic Flour Mill building) for many years and have become part of the city scene, despite the mess;  attempts to prevent them doing so meet with protests.  When some netting was placed under the bridge to stop them, I saw a bird get caught up in it and the fire brigade was called out to rescue it, using an extending ladder.  Newcastle is the furthest inland that these birds nest, and outside the breeding season they live mostly at sea.  Their chicks are far more likely to be predated by other gulls than to fall out accidentally.

fountain-with-bust-of-illustrator-paul-g

High $$. A nice one for me, taken as a quick snap while out on a walk.
Country: German Speaking Countries ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 50,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-October-2020 ; End: 01-October-2025 ; Additional Details: Print run : 60,000; Duration : 1 month

• Like 1

A sale finally after more than a month of nothing... very low $$ for this restaurant in the Schnoor district of Bremen, Germany.

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 07 September 2020
End: 07 September 2025

W35HTE.jpg

Edited by Lori Rider
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, AlanC said:

Kittiwakes are (normally) cliff-nesting seabirds, so precarious places are their stock in trade!  They've been nesting on the Tyne bridge and nearby buildings (particularly the Baltic Flour Mill building) for many years and have become part of the city scene, despite the mess;  attempts to prevent them doing so meet with protests.  When some netting was placed under the bridge to stop them, I saw a bird get caught up in it and the fire brigade was called out to rescue it, using an extending ladder.  Newcastle is the furthest inland that these birds nest, and outside the breeding season they live mostly at sea.  Their chicks are far more likely to be predated by other gulls than to fall out accidentally.

Good to know!

I took this whilst waiting for my e-bike to be serviced, on the last day many places were open before the lockdown began. 

Used in a UK magazine for local governments.

covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-town-centre-scene-during-a-weekday-afternoon-in-cheltenham-gloucestershire-uk-23rd-march-2020-2B971P6.jpg

COVID - 19 ( Coronavirus ) pandemic - town centre scene during a weekday afternoon in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK. 23rd March 2020.

Edited by AlbertSnapper

The 'George Washington' public house and Main Street, Warton, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

the-george-washington-public-house-and-main-street-warton-lancashire-C53HTP.jpg

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 01 July 2020
End: 02 July 2020
One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.