How was your October?

That time again...

I'll start - it was a disaster darling. For the first time since May 2010 I haven't sold a single image in a month.

Zooms picked up towards the end and a record number of rolling monthly views, plus an individual daily record where 30% (1133) of my images were viewed on one day!

Cleared funds $0.50, say no more.

Still I know I have 2 sales to the Daily Mail in the pipeline thanks to the kind souls on here that look for sales, so I can celebrate that!

John.

A sale popped up for me from July in the Express. Story about bird watching and they used a shot of a Goldfinch I took. Licensed for $26. 

Other than that, Zooms were down. 

My theory is that if you don't have a wide range of pics to cover all the seasons, you're going to struggle and will have peaks and dips. 

A sale popped up for me from July in the Express. Story about bird watching and they used a shot of a Goldfinch I took. Licensed for $26. 

My theory is that if you don't have a wide range of pics to cover all the seasons, you're going to struggle and will have peaks and dips. 

Yes, I appreciate that sales will have peaks and troughs, but I've sold 2 and 3 the last couple of Octobers with a third fewer images.

Plus I've noticed a drop off of sales over the last 3 months - 1, 2 and 0. I'm not a prolific seller by any means but the first 3 months this year were 4, 8 and 7, again with a lot fewer images

John.

One sale (I have on average one per quarter).

Usage: Internal business usage
Media: Internal poster/décor (1 use only)
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Start: 02 October 2013
End: 02 October 2016

$316.06

Ah yes, the rollercoaster ride that is selling stock. October. My equal best month ever in terms of number of images sold and second best in terms of gross achieved. Which must surely mean it's all downhill from here!

Paul it's not just a seasonal thing, it's having a wide variety of subject matter as well.

Zero sales for me the first blank month since November 2010. 

My sales seemed to perform better when i had less images.

current rolling zooms 20, CTR 0.34. outstanding unreported sales 3.

Regards

Craig

6 Sales for $350, zooms held steady with a high of 45 and a low of 24 now at 33. Quite a lot are searches on ref number so looking quite good overall. Would prefer higher $'s but would settle for consistent numbers of sales.... hopefully I am seeing the benefits from the large increase in port size and activity from 3-4 months back. Although new files dropped a little this month, 400 new images.

Just going to keep head down and push on. 

If my memory serves my correctly October is usually a good month, perhaps because distributors report quarterly or other account holders, I don't really know.  But I do know that my October was at the low end of average with 34 sales and only 2 above £100 in spite of an ever increasing portfolio. The last 3-4 months have been on the low side with September being the worst for several years so I'm not encouraged. Not in NU but in newspaper scheme.

At least November has started with a sale before breakfast.

Pearl

41 for $2463, best $150, worst $6.02; in newspaper scheme, not in NU; Agree with Pearl - October is usually a good month; seemed to start off slowly but OK in the end   :)

Kumar

31 from under 5,000 - still concerned about licenses which allow newspapers to syndicate the article (c/w picture) commercially around the world, and the latest arrangement which mentions sublicensing to other organizations - plus the silly arrangement which licenses to every title in a group for a single fee - but it seems everyone else is happy with these so I'm on a losing battle.....

31 from under 5,000 - still concerned about licenses which allow newspapers to syndicate the article (c/w picture) commercially around the world, and the latest arrangement which mentions sublicensing to other organizations - plus the silly arrangement which licenses to every title in a group for a single fee - but it seems everyone else is happy with these so I'm on a losing battle.....

You're not alone David. I'm not happy with the arrangement either and it looks like Alamy is turning a blind ear.

After a good September with 4 sales grossing over $200, it's back to earth with a bump with nil sales in October and a pitifully low CTR of 0.19%. All three zooms came in the last week of the month. Taken over the two months my average is probably about right for the number of images I have uploaded to date - it's just  pity it can't be September every month.

Archived