Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

This thread needs a gee up!

Lilies bought for a funeral. Flowers are not being donated to hospitals now so I got to bring them back home to photograph. It was me or the rabbits, apparently.

Left in colour this time.

DSC00296.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

This thread needs a gee up!

Lilies bought for a funeral. Flowers are not being donated to hospitals now so I got to bring them back home to photograph. It was me or the rabbits, apparently.

Left in colour this time.

DSC00296.jpg

I prefer color like this. Especially florals and landscapes. The pollen on the petals here would just look like a bug put holes in it without the color. 
Very few b&w images catch my fancy, occasionally a well-done portrait, or a man-made object, or a geometric. And unless there is a true black and a true white in them, (exception portraits) they are dull and uninspiring to me. That’s to me, I understand others love them. It’s just my own personal preference.

I tried a few B&W conversions on Alamy, but quickly abandoned them. I have never sold one of the few.

Funny. I just looked and all I could find were two. This being one of them. Blah.

E6AJFB.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue

My father's dental office was a little house right next to the mortuary. The mortician was a good friend and he often gave the leftover flowers to my stepmom so there were always beautiful flowers in the house --- both the dental house and the home house. He was a very charming southern man named Virgil and I have to smile just thinking of him. Some people carry sunshine with them everywhere with their hearts and personalities.

Paulette

2 minutes ago, NYCat said:

My father's dental office was a little house right next to the mortuary. The mortician was a good friend and he often gave the leftover flowers to my stepmom so there were always beautiful flowers in the house --- both the dental house and the home house. He was a very charming southern man named Virgil and I have to smile just thinking of him. Some people carry sunshine with them everywhere with their hearts and personalities.

Paulette

Those people are the givers, not the takers. Thank heavens for them, they light up our lives.

On 27/5/2020 at 16:37, Betty LaRue said:

Bella, lorenza e soprattutto l'ape preziosa di cui il mondo ha bisogno di più.

Thanks Betty, I only see your comment now. I always follow you, but unfortunately I have little time here. I like the way you confront me and it helps me a lot.
Sorry if I answer you only now. A good day and sun always!
lorenza

3 hours ago, lorenza said:

Thanks Betty, I only see your comment now. I always follow you, but unfortunately I have little time here. I like the way you confront me and it helps me a lot.
Sorry if I answer you only now. A good day and sun always!
lorenza

I think lorenza meant to say comfort and not confront, don't you?

Allan

Thanks, folks. I'm back to the collection now until I ambush some unsuspecting garden creature.

Loch Leven, Glencoe.

I got paid to take the Steenbeck here for a film.

sailing-yacht-motoring-towards-pap-of-glencoe-loch-leven-glencoe-argyll-KDN3PX.jpg
Edited by spacecadet

Beautiful images, here. 
I took pictures of the cutest fledgling robin the other day. It sat motionless by the side of my house waiting for attention from parents. It was only a few feet from next door, where a black cat lives and roams in my yard a lot. While I’m a cat lover, I wish they were kept indoors because I recently read the astronomical numbers of wildlife they kill every year. Not just birds. And I’m sorry to say I never gave it a thought when I had cats that were outdoor cats. I was young and stupid, then.

I hung around outside for ages to protect the robin, but finally was forced indoors from the heat. Next time I looked, it had moved behind my tomato plants, then I lost it later after it moved again. I hope it made it. I’ll post a picture one of these days, I’m still working through a different folder.

Once, while visiting my mother 100 miles away, I spotted a cat In the alley behind her house that had caught a baby squirrel. I ran to the alley screaming at the cat, who wouldn’t let go. I stomped, threatened, yelled waving my arms and finally scared the cat enough to drop it. Mother brought me a towel and a cardboard box. I gently put the squirrel in. It lay panting.

I called the local vet but he refused treating a squirrel. I called the next town. No luck. I called my vet in Oklahoma City, and he said he would. I sped back that 100 miles, tearful. My vet treated it with antibiotics, but said it’s little lungs were punctured and it wouldn’t make it. I paid them and took it home where it died while I stroked its head 15 minutes later. 

What’s funny is I had a somewhat adversarial relationship with squirrels because they raided my bird feeder. That baby squirrel never got a chance to become a rascally raider. This is a youngster taken near a lake. 

B03FB1.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue

My cat-sitting route used to go regularly through Washington Square Park and I carried nuts to feed them. They got to know me and would approach without being called. One time when I was in a store a squirrel came in the open door and everyone was trying to figure out how to get it to go. I pulled out my nuts and took it right out. When we had a blackout one time people were putting their food on their window sills to keep it cool since the fridges weren't working. We soon learned we needed to put it in plastic containers or the squirrels would take it. One day I saw a squirrel in a tree with a piece of pizza. New Yorkers do love a good slice.

Paulette

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

My cat-sitting route used to go regularly through Washington Square Park and I carried nuts to feed them. They got to know me and would approach without being called. One time when I was in a store a squirrel came in the open door and everyone was trying to figure out how to get it to go. I pulled out my nuts and took it right out. When we had a blackout one time people were putting their food on their window sills to keep it cool since the fridges weren't working. We soon learned we needed to put it in plastic containers or the squirrels would take it. One day I saw a squirrel in a tree with a piece of pizza. New Yorkers do love a good slice.

Paulette

😂😁 love it!

The squirrels used to raid my peach tree which was by the back fence and under the power lines. It was something to see one tightroping a line with a peach as big as it’s head. I didn’t care, but what made me mad was when they took one bite off a peach still growing, thereby causing it damage and ruin. I guess they were tasting to see if it was sweet, yet. They did that when the peaches were still green right on up through ripening. Once they found the perfect one, off they went with it.

Mute swan giving audience to Mallard ducks.  "Wake up at the back!"

mute-swan-giving-audience-to-mallard-ducks-river-cam-milton-cambridgeshire-CXCA1K.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
added "Wake up at the back!"