Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Can I crave your indulgence for another not-quite-nature image. I've run out of plants.

DSC00282.jpg

If you can guess what it is (not very hard) you get a larf on your post😀

What is "larf"?

It is very neat photo though, like some underwater bubbles or deep space microwave background radiation.  With orange slice on the left side

On 09/06/2020 at 12:17, NYCat said:

That's a good one, Allan. Very appropriate caption.

Paulette

Hmm! Must remember to add it to the tags in AIM.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Hmm! Must remember to add it to the tags in AIM.

Allan

I would also add funny, humor, humour, humorous, humourous, concept. I honestly don't know how useful those will be but I see searches for "funny animals" and I've sold some.

Paulette

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

I would also add funny, humor, humour, humorous, humourous, concept. I honestly don't know how useful those will be but I see searches for "funny animals" and I've sold some.

Paulette

Good advice as usual. Thank you Paulette.

Allan

On 09/06/2020 at 17:49, spacecadet said:

Can I crave your indulgence for another not-quite-nature image. I've run out of plants.

DSC00282.jpg

If you can guess what it is (not very hard) you get a larf on your post😀

Does a gottle of geer come into it?

Allan

8 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I've given you one because you're close with the bubbles. It's slang for "laugh". Mr. Burns uses it in "The Simpsons"- "Say, that'd be a larf".

a-a-a

Thank you :)

I actually googled "larf" and it comes up with something like marijuana buds.  That's where it got really interesting, lol

8 hours ago, Sally R said:

At first I thought it might be some kind of colourful rock or mineral, but now I am guessing that maybe it is blown glass, such as you might find in a pendant, bowl or other blown glass type of creation?

Spot on. It's a pendant, heart-shaped, Croatian I think- bought in Venice but nothing like expensive enough to be Murano glass!

I gave everyone a "larf" because I loved all the answers. Especially the orange slice.

It's about 4cm. across. That's with my new bellows with the old 100mm. process lens glued on the front. Not the sort of thing for Alamy (unless anyone thinks so) but good fun.

I'll try another. No secret here unless you want to try to identify the material.

DSC00340.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

8 minutes ago, Sally R said:

Ah ok! What made me think of blown glass was the mention of bubbles above. I'm guessing the one above is a gemstone in a pendant, maybe amber?

Would make a lovely one, it's unmounted, not amber.

6 minutes ago, Sally R said:

Ah I think I'm stumped then, as I'm not super knowledgeable on gemstones.

Well my fiddling around  post processing may have "adjusted" the colour a bit. It's duller to the eye.

Edited by spacecadet

In the world of nature, for any beautiful flower, there is an insect trying to eat it.

Spider mites, having their way with my clematis.
ABX6NG.jpg
A Katydid.

B5GXDF.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

On 11/06/2020 at 12:00, Sally R said:

Ah I think I'm stumped then, as I'm not super knowledgeable on gemstones.

Quite boring.. brown quartz.

Anyway the garden's on again, so.......... Bee unexpected, so only about 1/320th,  not fast enough!

DSC04547.jpg

Incidentally, I tried some pinhole work, but no dice..........at f/400 the pellicle on the A58 is absolutely covered in carp! You never see it even at f/32, of course.

Edited by spacecadet

17 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

U.K. weather Live news. Week old Mute swan cygnets take a late evening swim in a light rain shower.

Alan

2C1GR54.jpg

She looks quite annoyed. I'm surprised you didn't get duffed up.........like this golden retriever..........

ENRH9H.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

18 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

U.K. weather Live news. Week old Mute swan cygnets take a late evening swim in a light rain shower.

Alan

2C1GR54.jpg

I think she is looking rather proud. It's all in the mind I suppose.

Allan

Your image of the swan family Alan reminded me of a similar one in my port. Hope you don't mind me pitching in with it.

Keep up number Six

mother-swan-with-cygnets-keep-up-number-six-milton-BN6RKF.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Your image of the swan family Alan reminded me of a similar one in my port. Hope you don't mind me pitching in with it.

Keep up number Six

mother-swan-with-cygnets-keep-up-number-six-milton-BN6RKF.jpg

Allan

Oh, that's me. I walk more slowly than anyone. When I was in the Falkland Islands I found that even penguins walk faster than I do. I used to blame it on my short legs but that doesn't work with penguins.

Paulette

Wow, what great pictures. The swans are special, 

and I think the fledgling dove should be feeding its parents, rolypoly (daddy’s little fatty) thing.

Edited by Betty LaRue