Post a beautiful nature picture

On 08/05/2020 at 00:02, Allan Bell said:

Teddy bears reading wildlife magazine on bed

teddy-bears-reading-wildlife-magazine-on-bed-JC0CJ6.jpg

Looked in my port for "Wildlife" and this is what I found.

The bears were a bit wild when they new I had taken a photo of them in their Jimjams.

Allan

I love this Allan. I really like the composition, and big Ted's PJs match the curtains! I also like the natural light coming in through the window. I imagine they sometimes see some of their bear friends and relatives in wildlife magazines 😀

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Sandpipers

sandpipers-at-the-reifel-migratory-bird-

I love this John. It really works well as a vertical. I also really like the light which looks almost kind of bronze to me.

Posted (edited)

Not an Alamy thing, I don't think, but I've just rediscovered the b/w mix sliders in LR so I've been having fun with a dead branch I cut off the apple tree.

Maybe not conventionally "beautiful" but...........

DSC00018-2.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
6 hours ago, Sally R said:

I love this John. It really works well as a vertical. I also really like the light which looks almost kind of bronze to me.

Thanks for the kind words. That image is a few years old, and I can't remember how I processed it. I was standing at the top of an observation tower at a nature sanctuary looking down at the sandpipers taking an afternoon break from their constant activity. They arrange themselves in interesting patterns when resting.

14 hours ago, gvallee said:

Cotton Harlequin Bug (Tectocoris diophtalmus), guarding its pink eggs, Queensland, Australia

JP2WKA.jpg

Love your bugs, they are ETs to me.

• Like 1

These are the eggs that I was waiting to hatch when that Duckling turned up in my last image posted. PS That duckling has re joined his mum and sticks very close!

union-hall-west-cork-ireland-07th-may-2020-after-days-of-driving-rain-and-cold-temperatures-this-family-of-swans-with-cygnets-hatched-yesterday-took-advantage-of-the-sunshine-with-temperatures-up-to-16-deg-with-a-warm-breeze-to-get-out-onto-the-lake-credit-aphperspective-alamy-live-news-2BM6HXD.jpg

• Like 3
On 09/05/2020 at 00:05, John Mitchell said:

Sandpipers

sandpipers-at-the-reifel-migratory-bird-

This just occurred to me today for one of my own photos, but maybe try some keywords involving zen and meditation for a photo like this.

Posted (edited)

I hope these are going down alright here. I'm finding that creating them is quite contemplative, even though it's minutes in LR and not hours in the darkroom. Maybe I can figure out a way of making it take longer.

Anyway the links only last a week so no harm done. I have this as my desktop now.

DSC03856-2.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

Black fronted piping Guan (Pipile jacutinga), Argentina

ANB75X.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, gvallee said:

Black fronted piping Guan (Pipile jacutinga), Argentina

ANB75X.jpg

Your Magical Creatures are awesome Gen!   Where do we find them?

These were uploaded just yesterday (May 10) to Alamy.  It is of very beautiful waterfall in central Laos;   Kuang Si Falls near Luang Prabang,  photos taken mid January 2020.   There are lots of people just like everywhere else, but if you climb steep trail from main area you can pretty much have it to yourself.  This is pic 1,  I had a blast here, 30mins with tripod,  it will never sell at least not on Alamy but I had tons of fun.  

scenic-kuang-si-falls-landscape-a-beauti

Second pic are very beautiful cascading lagoons below main waterfall.  People swim here and there is picnic area, but again I was here near closing time and had it to myself.  Did spend 15min in Photoshop enhancing various things, but am very satisfied with end product.  Even if this one will never sell too, but it means something to me and this is what matters most :)

• Like 7

Nothing more serene and beautiful than pools of water and waterfalls.

Here’s my contribution of nature.

A Painted Lady butterfly on Penta lanceolata.

I grew these in my Oklahoma City garden.

B5T4B8.jpg

• Like 1
On 12/05/2020 at 14:20, Autumn Sky said:

Your Magical Creatures are awesome Gen!   Where do we find them?

Thank you! I've been photographing birds and insects for many years. I did many trips specifically to photograph birds. I went 7 times to the Pantanal in Brazil which, in my opinion, cannot be beaten for bird photography. This particular image was taken at a brilliant giant walk-through aviary in southern Brazil, Parque das Aves, near Iguazu Falls. I also did short trips dedicated to bird photography from hides, in Hungary, Extremadura, Finland. Other bird trips included The Gambia, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Argentina, Arizona, etc. I've also travelled several months a year for many years. I also did a Blurb book on birds.  Do you get the idea that I like birds? LOL!!

Starling (Sturnus vulgarus) having a bath,  Hungary

BD0XXP.jpg

• Like 1
On 12/05/2020 at 14:30, Autumn Sky said:

These were uploaded just yesterday (May 10) to Alamy.  It is of very beautiful waterfall in central Laos;   Kuang Si Falls near Luang Prabang,  photos taken mid January 2020.   There are lots of people just like everywhere else, but if you climb steep trail from main area you can pretty much have it to yourself.  This is pic 1,  I had a blast here, 30mins with tripod,  it will never sell at least not on Alamy but I had tons of fun.  

Second pic are very beautiful cascading lagoons below main waterfall.  People swim here and there is picnic area, but again I was here near closing time and had it to myself.  Did spend 15min in Photoshop enhancing various things, but am very satisfied with end product.  Even if this one will never sell too, but it means something to me and this is what matters most :)

These are very beautiful images.

10 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you! I've been photographing birds and insects for many years. I did many trips specifically to photograph birds. I went 7 times to the Pantanal in Brazil which, in my opinion, cannot be beaten for bird photography. This particular image was taken at a brilliant giant walk-through aviary in southern Brazil, Parque das Aves, near Iguazu Falls. I also did short trips dedicated to bird photography from hides, in Hungary, Extremadura, Finland. Other bird trips included The Gambia, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Argentina, Arizona, etc. I've also travelled several months a year for many years. I also did a Blurb book on birds.  Do you get the idea that I like birds? LOL!!

Thanks Gen!  I was also making parallel with "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" movie :)

Think you and me have love for travel in common.  Like you I've also been to many faraway places, but would still like to knock few things of my bucket list (incl. Brazil).  Now with this pandemic nothing will ever be the same & I am not sure it will be possible

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Beautiful nature? Hmm. I'll spare you all another snap of a hungry Herring Gull.

I like gulls, Ed. Gulls are birds. And I have a love affair with birds. Why else would I put up with one eating my toe? Aaand, shoulder, and hand....the list goes on. I miss Bogie but these days he’s eating another lady. Echo and I are doing just fine.

Edited by Betty LaRue
On 04/05/2020 at 22:03, Olivier Parent said:

Thank you Sally!

As you can see on the last picture above (and the last one below), a few swimmers also enjoy the clear (but quite cool) turquoise waters of the calanques.

The cliffs of Calanque d'en Vau are steep and high, so the sun hits the surface of the water inside the calanque only a few hours a day.

In the heart of winter, the sun does not get high enough in the sky to light the bottom of the calanque.

This is one of my favorite places near Marseille. Here are a few more pictures.

port-miou-in-the-calanques-de-cassis-nat

calanques-de-cassis-national-park-near-m

calanques-de-cassis-national-park-near-m

What a beautiful location, it looks tropical.  Gorgeous photos!

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Beautiful nature? Hmm. I'll spare you all another snap of a hungry Herring Gull.

Gulls

Taken from a hide in Finland by sub-zero temperature in the snow.

Adult Female Goshawk (Accipiter gentilis).

A61XGM.jpg

• Like 1

I am not much of a wildlife/nature photographer.  I shot these last weekend, with my Sony RX10 IV, in my state of Maryland, near DC....Any ideas about the type of turtle or what the wild weed flower and insect, on it, is?

usa-maryland-poolesville-mckee-beshers-wildlife-management-area-turtles-on-a-log-covered-in-duckweed-2BN7E30.jpg

flowers-daisey-wildflower-purple-petals-yellow-mid-atlantic-maryland-2BN7E2N.jpg

• Like 2