So if you google ‘Alamy download packages’ you get this: 

Get instant access to the images you need with a download pack. Pre-pay for multiple images and download on demand. A small download pack is perfect for small one-off projects. If you think you'll need more than 10 images in a year, then make your budget go further with a large download pack and save 30%.
But if you click on the link you get  ‘error Sorry, this page wasn’t found. 
Maybe this scheme has been discontinued?

Edit: Or is this a new scheme, if so when did it start? 

Edited by Thyrsis

10 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

So if you google ‘Alamy download packages’ you get this: 

Get instant access to the images you need with a download pack. Pre-pay for multiple images and download on demand. A small download pack is perfect for small one-off projects. If you think you'll need more than 10 images in a year, then make your budget go further with a large download pack and save 30%.
But if you click on the link you get  ‘error Sorry, this page wasn’t found. 
Maybe this scheme has been discontinued?

It's there (following link from NoelBennet, https://www.alamy.com/download-packs.aspx  ) and it's usable through to purchase, last updated Jan 12th 2020.

Grim.

Edited by mickfly

Well, I'm guessing that Alamy see that by offering "packs" they will make more sales overall, even if each sale is slightly less.

It might also mean that customers become more loyal, or "sticky" to Alamy.

If you have bought a 10 pack - then next time you will look again at Alamy, rather than looking at another site

#tryingtolookonthebrightside

I was having a very good day until I read this.

I finally passed the 1,000 image mark on my main

Pseudonym, BUT I will not allow some of my images to

be licensed this way...................................

Please note that I wrote "some" not all.  the packages might

be a good idea for general stock (GS)? I do very little GS.

NOT HAPPY to see this.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
clarity

4 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I don't see that. Is there a separate log-in for a buyer?

I didn't see it either but then opened a "new incognito window" and looked at the same image and it appeared, popped up more or less, above the prices as others have described, but now I can't get it to appear even by that method in either Chrome of Firefox. Seems to be some kind of algorithm going on just as there is with dynamic pricing.

8 hours ago, mickfly said:

It's there (following link from NoelBennet, above) and it's usable through to purchase, last updated Jan 12th 2020.

Grim.

Weird, if I click on that link I get page not found. (Chrome)

Click on the same link in Safari and the page opens....

Edited by Thyrsis

2 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

I was having a very good day until I read this.

I finally passed the 1,000 image mark on my main

Pseudonym, BUT I will not allow some of my images to

be licensed this way...................................

NOT HAPPY to see this.

Chuck

Can you influence whether they are licensed this way? Am I right in thinking deletion would be the only option?

So as these packs are paid for upfront Alamy would get the funds in one hit for between 2 and 30 downloads but we would just get paid for the sales in real time?

Edited by Thyrsis

8 hours ago, Jools Devon said:

Well, I'm guessing that Alamy see that by offering "packs" they will make more sales overall, even if each sale is slightly less.

If you have bought a 10 pack - then next time you will look again at Alamy, rather than looking at another site

It might mean that and let's hope it will but this is unlikely to be a good development. It's further proof that the subscription / download pack is king and photographers will have to upload more and more photos to achieve decent earnings. 

Not sure of the details BUT - if the packs limit the licencing and simply provide the sort of per image price that big customers are able to negotiate through sales volume to much smaller customers who buy only small numbers then they could be a positive.

We know the big companies are negotiating discounts - and that they do not pay the price that Jo Public sees on his "calculator".   So long as  the packs are restrictive on licencing and are not providing use for anything forever terms it is letting Jo Public see a bit of the cherry the big boys eat.

5 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

So as these packs are paid for upfront Alamy would get the funds in one hit for between 2 and 30 downloads but we would just get paid for the sales in real time?

it should mean actually that downloads from existing packs should be in stats immediately, and money cleared also (or maybe after 30 days pack refund period).  If not Alamy is using the funds to earn interests- i assume however that they would need to hold some form of reserves from an accounting standpoint 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jools Devon said:

but more sales of exclusive images probably.  I look at the great deal they gave Culture Trip, it still looks like they mainly use Alamy as a source for images where they can't find it elsewhere.   

they only advantage of packs, would be about to expire ones where people have some left and a rush on purchase  but with all of them being 365 days, this would be minimal

14 hours ago, griangraf said:

Can you influence whether they are licensed this way? Am I right in thinking deletion would be the only option?

No I do not believe that you are correct.  I've been in the photo agency business for decades and contributing to

Alamy for over 15 years.  I support Alamy and will do what I can to continue to support Alamy, What I can is the

key word.

Chuck

11 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

No I do not believe that you are correct.  I've been in the photo agency business for decades and contributing to

Alamy for over 15 years.  I support Alamy and will do what I can to continue to support Alamy, What I can is the

key word.

Chuck

So are you hinting that you'll get a special deal from Alamy whereby your images will not be included in this scheme?

Because otherwise I can't see how you can "not allow some of my images to be licensed this way" without deleting said images.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

So are you hinting that you'll get a special deal from Alamy whereby your images will not be included in this scheme?

Because otherwise I can't see how you can "not allow some of my images to be licensed this way" without deleting said images.

NO I am not hinting at anything and would never engage in that sort of thing.  I am insulted by what you are inferring.

I will add that there are many things you can not see.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
addition
  • Dislike 7