Stranger in a Strange Land

17 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

You will never be a stranger Gen hen.

Perhaps all the regular forum members could hire a cruise liner for a big meet up and see some sights while having a party.

Allan

A CRUISE LINER????? aka Covid-19 Petri dish.

You've got to be kidding!😀

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

If my NHS doctor here tells me to cut back on my drinking, I'll make the change. That is I'll get a new doctor. 

It won't make you live longer, Ed............it'll just feel like it.

Doubles all round.🍷🍷

Edited by spacecadet

7 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Doubles all round.🍷🍷

I'm looking forward to the pubs re-opening on Saturday. I live just across the road from the village pub, where guys are busy re-paving the beer garden, mowing the grass, etc. OK to drink outside. Then autumn arrives. What then?

Re-opening pubs on a Saturday looks like a recipe for the kind of disasters which Laurel and Hardy all but patented. For my first pub pint in four months, I think I'll wait till mid-week. 😇

Scousers are hardy folks, John. Last winter I saw many sitting outside in T-shirts. Me? I had two layers on. Oh, and I was inside. 

I hope I have time to assess the latest changes before my Sunday blog time. The weekend forecast is rain. Poco a poco.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

A CRUISE LINER????? aka Covid-19 Petri dish.

You've got to be kidding!😀

Everyone on board including captain and all crew will be tested before being allowed to embark. Anyone not up to scratch will be left ashore. Meanwhile the vessel will be triple sanitised inside and out by crew of cleaners who will have already tested negative for the virus. There will also be sanitising stations at gangways for embarking crew and guests. All containers with food, medical supplies, toiletries, bedding, towels, etc, etc will be sanitised before loading onto vessel. Naturally the contents of the containers will have already been sanitised during packing. Aircon will will also be sanitised x 5 times. The seas/oceans are already sanitised by natural means. The sights we will see will only be available to veiw from the vessel. No one will be allowed ashore at any port, in fact we will not be stopping anywhere just sailing slowly past to allow for photos to be taken. Bring your telephoto lenses. I suggest 400 to 600 minimum.

Will that satisfy you.😃

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

4 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Everyone on board including captain and all crew will be tested before being allowed to embark. Anyone not up to scratch will be left ashore. Meanwhile the vessel will be triple sanitised inside and out by crew of cleaners who will have already tested negative for the virus. There will also be sanitising stations at gangways for embarking crew and guests. All containers with food, medical supplies, toiletries, bedding, towels, etc, etc will be sanitised before loading onto vessel. Naturally the contents of the containers will have already been sanitised during packing. Aircon will will also be sanitised x 5 times. The seas/oceans are already sanitised by natural means. The sights we will see will only be available to veiw from the vessel. No one will be allowed ashore at any port, in fact we will not be stopping anywhere just sailing slowly past to allow for photos to be taken. Bring your telephoto lenses. I suggest 400 to 600 minimum.

Will that satisfy you.😃

Allan

Doesn't sound like much of a holiday🙁

Just now, spacecadet said:

Doesn't sound like much of a holiday🙁

Think of the carefree onboard partying and free food and drink.

Allan

Made the stupid mistake of buying Saga shares a few years ago (Brits will know who this is) and they have now bombed. 

The cruise industry is dead in the water, literally!

Infection is increasing in my county. The state governor has mandated masks for ALL when out in public beginning July 3. There is some screaming going on about the mandate. I’ll watch from the sidelines. I always mask. Edited to add. The screaming is because some of the counties in Kansas, like 8 or 9, have had no infections at all.

People believe the rules should be left to officials in each county.

Edited by Betty LaRue

14 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Infection is increasing in my county. The state governor has mandated masks for ALL when out in public beginning July 3. There is some screaming going on about the mandate. I’ll watch from the sidelines. I always mask. Edited to add. The screaming is because some of the counties in Kansas, like 8 or 9, have had no infections at all.

People believe the rules should be left to officials in each county.

I hope things start to improve in the US, Betty. Have to say that the situation sounds very concerning at the moment. Stay masked and safe.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I hope things start to improve in the US, Betty. Have to say that the situation sounds very concerning at the moment. Stay masked and safe.

John, Happy Canada Day to you and all our Canadian friends here!  Betty, if only everyone put on masks throughout the whole country when nearby people, we might beat this beast down until we get a vaccine and or a good treatment.  People are making this harder than need be.  I’m getting so used to wearing a mask that I sometimes forget I have one on.

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

John, Happy Canada Day to you and all our Canadian friends here!  Betty, if only everyone put on masks throughout the whole country when nearby people, we might beat this beast down until we get a vaccine and or a good treatment.  People are making this harder than need be.  I’m getting so used to wearing a mask that I sometimes forget I have one on.

Thanks, Michael. It's a pretty strange Canada Day. I generally go out and take a few pictures of people enjoying themselves, but not this year.

two-rcmp-officers-march-in-the-annual-ca

Edited by John Mitchell

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Thanks, Michael. It's a pretty strange Canada Day. I generally go out and take a few pictures of people enjoying themselves, but not this year.

Happy Canada Day to you all the same John.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Granville Island!

Really nice image John

And in advance happy 4th of July to our friends and neighbors south. It is sometimes hard to believe all that transpired there this year; honest hope things get back to some sort of normal soon.

13 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Wops, my daughter in law informs me that I missed Québec Day in June. 

She was probably referring to "Fete Nationale" on June 24th, which I remember as Saint John the Baptist Day when I was an anglo living in Quebec. It's also called "La Saint-Jean-Baptiste". As you know, Quebec is really a country within a country. I grew up there for the most part, but I suffer from  culture shock when I go back.

Edited by John Mitchell