Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

We seem to be firmly stuck in this scatalogical alternative issue. 😜

 

Now wash your hands...

 

Anyone wanting another blog to read, head over to Broken Cloud, and bump my readership into double figures. 😎

Edited by John Morrison
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Well maybe Edo next installment on his blog, this weekend, will get us going on a new tangent. 😃

 

I second that motion!  😉

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Well maybe Edo next installment on his blog, this weekend, will get us going on a new tangent. 😃

Sorry, no toilet-related pun, you'll have to do better if you want one of these😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sally R said:

In Australia the term is dunny. I've even come across photographic books on the subject, especially outback dunnies that often look rickety. Even Alamy has some pics under the search term 'outback dunny': https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/outback-dunny.html

[Sorry Ed, I'm sure your thread will be back on track soon, flush with new ideas! 😂]

 

I don't know, Sally—we haven't gotten into the Asian nicknames yet. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Restaurants, where I live, are now allowed to seat people inside at a 50% capacity.  Have not been inside one yet.  There are other rules in place, such as servers must where masks and gloves and only paper disposable menus can be used etc...  Of course the patrons don't wear masks while dining.  A strange new world we are in!

 

Edo, we have a Five Guys down the road from me....best burgers going for a chain restaurant.  That brand started here in the DC area back in 1986.  They are good but can only indulge about once a month,  a little bit too much of a good thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, our usual Germany weinfest gig in September appears to be off as large events are off till November. Maybe the south of France while we're still allowed to bring back a carful of wine, and to hell with quarantine.

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

Edo, we have a Five Guys down the road from me....best burgers going for a chain restaurant.  That brand started here in the DC area back in 1986.  They are good but can only indulge about once a month,  a little bit too much of a good thing.

 

I always order the litter cheeseburger and small fries at 5 Guys. The double patty is too much for me, and no matter what size fries you order, they give you lots. Do you have Shake Shack in DC yet? The pic in my blog of the burger with the curly fries is from them in Brooklyn. They have some in Liverpool but I would need a car. I eat a burger or a pizza sometimes so I can resist being a cuisine gourmet lad. SS has good burgers, low prices, fast service, beer, and NO Tipping!

Edited by Ed Rooney
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

I always order the litter cheeseburger and small fries at 5 Guys. The double patty is too much for me, and no matter what size fries you order, they give you lots. Do you have Shake Shack in DC yet? The pic in my blog of the burger with the curly fries is from them in Brooklyn. They have some in Liverpool but I would need a car. I eat a burger or a pizza sometimes so I can resist being a cuisine gourmet lad. SS has good burgers, low prices, fast service, beer, and NO Tipping!

 

 

That is one thing I totally hate about North America. Why can't employers pay their staff properly?

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

I always order the litter cheeseburger and small fries at 5 Guys. The double patty is too much for me, and no matter what size fries you order, they give you lots. Do you have Shake Shack in DC yet? The pic in my blog of the burger with the curly fries is from them in Brooklyn. They have some in Liverpool but I would need a car. I eat a burger or a pizza sometimes so I can resist being a cuisine gourmet lad. SS has good burgers, low prices, fast service, beer, and NO Tipping!


Yes, Shake Shack is here in DC now but prefer Five Guys.  I too just get the little burger and must share the “small” fries, way too many.  My son is a burger nut and his fave burger joint is a chain from Southern California called Habit Burger (pretty good!) Tipping is not usual at these “fast casual” type restaurants.  Yes, tipping, in general, is pretty annoying.  I do prefer the European model for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2020 at 03:02, Robert M Estall said:

Liverpool is not alone, all over the country the first queues forming were for McDonalds. I despair!

 

I had an order of fries (a.k.a. "chips") in a McDonalds in 1992. Have never been back. 🤢

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

I had an order of fries (a.k.a. "chips") in a McDonalds in 1992. Have never been back. 🤢

Oh the chips are nice. But the rest I can take or leave. Preferably leave.

There's one in Venice just by the Rialto bridge. Goldoni's statue has to look at it all day. Of all the things you could eat in Venice...........Brrrr.

Edited by spacecadet
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Oh the chips are nice. But the rest I can take or leave. Preferably leave.

There's one in Venice just by the Rialto bridge. Goldoni's statue has to look at it all day. Of all the things you could eat in Venice...........Brrrr.

 

I agree—McD has tasty chips. On the continent, they also have beer at their places. Not in the UK though. 🙄

 

I used to know a place in the area across the Rialto that did a fab seafood risotto. Have not been in that magical city in many years. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk of burgers and chips had me wondering around Liverpool ONE an hour ago. The 5 Guys on the top landing was doing takeaway, so I decided to give them a go. I'm almost as bad at picnicking as I am at gardening and bird watching, but I took my bag of lunch, including a Corona Extra, across to the grassy area. It was a nice change on this warm summer day.

 

The Herring gulls got most of my fries along with my usual lecture about going out to sea and finding some fish. 

 

Edo

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.