Second best month in the rolling year for income but fourth best for volume at 44 sales.  Two $$$ and a few $ but mostly $$.  Volume so far on a par with 2018 but income down.

Pearl

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 03/07/2019 at 07:37, PuffinsPictures said:

The lack of sales was not surprising for me all things considered (I have been slow at getting all my photos up here), but the lack of zooms was certainly a tad disappointing 😕

I like your images. The sales will come for you, you just need to have more up. I’m cracking the whip, girl. Get busy! 😊

Betty

Not counting a refund from May (that was relicenced)....a total of 3 for $35.44 gross. Worst month for a long long while.

First half of 2019 is way below the previous 5 years. At the current rate of sales I should just about make it to 50% of a normal year. CTR is barely off the deck.

☹️

Edited by AlbertSnapper
spelling mistake. oops.
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Pleased with 3 sales for $439.97 Gross....All @ 50/50 split 😀  I have been around awhile on Alamy ambling along, so might try a bit more effort to build my portfolio now that i have more time..and hopefully be rewarded with more consistency in sales...

• Love 2

14 sales for $315, so a bit above average sales but average revenue.

Sales 4th highest in rolling 12 months, revenue 6th highest. 

Lowest $4.90, highest $87.32.

Zooms and views quite low.

Sales first half 2018 - 88

Sales first half 2019 - 69

So sales down 21% and revenue is down 24%.

Only sold $99 2 months ago so could struggle to reach $50 threshold for payment next month.

John.

Edited by Stokie

On 01/07/2019 at 17:02, Doc said:

79 for gross $2450. 7 for $$$, best was $175

In terms of age of images:

A: 0

B: 14

😄 12

😧13

E: 10

F: 11

G: 4

H: 3

J: 5

K: 3

M: 0

N: 0

P: 2

R: 1

S: 0

T: 1

No live news, out of Novel Use; In Personal use

Compared with last year, views and zooms slightly down but good CTR, sales and income both slightly up

Kumar

With 79 sales your results are impressive as always, but what I find interesting is that the large majority of sales are from old images A to F; with only 19 sales from G onwards and just 4 sales that are M onwards.

I am curious to understand if this is because you don't have many recent images or is it because old images sell better. 

How many of your images are G to W?

How many of your images are M to W? 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, andremichel said:

With 79 sales your results are impressive as always, but what I find interesting is that the large majority of sales are from old images A to F; with only 19 sales from G onwards and just 4 sales that are M onwards.

I am curious to understand if this is because you don't have many recent images or is it because old images sell better. 

I'd expect older images to accumulate more sales simply because they've been around longer to sell, until they're old enough to be replaced by more modern versions of the same subject.

I certainly have a bump in my sales like Doc's, but over the years rather than months.

59 minutes ago, andremichel said:

Hi Andrew!

Hope you are well!

I will let you know the answer but am away for a couple of days so wont be till Monday!

Cheers

Kumar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andremichel said:

Hi Andrew! OK, so in fact I found that I had the figures and it's been easy to update them, so; here are my numbers, slightly approx.,

A: 2700

B: 4320

😄 4500

😧 3120

E: 2200

F: 1050

G: 850

H: 1250

J: 540

K: 1030

M: 1035

P: 620

R: 510

T: 820

W: 37 and counting

Points to note: 

1. A-F comprise 2/3 of my total numbers so not unsurprising they are my main sellers (12-15 years ago, with the smaller numbers being submitted one prefix could last for nearly 2 years!

2. G to W are: 6692 (27% of collection, 24% of sales last month)

3. M to W are: 3022 (12% of collection, 5% of sales)

I think many factors are in play here:

1. Many of my most recent submissions are much more purely travel - thats what I like taking most, but they may not sell quite as well as the more "bread and butter" images of stock photography

2. What SpaceCadet said

3. Remember that disaster that happened 5/12/2016 when there was a complete mess up of ranking, search engine etc. etc. Prior to that I had been on p1 of BHZ (only just finally got there!!). After the 6 months or so it took Alamy to sort that out my ranking had clearly dropped and I have been p4 BHZ ever since (you may/may not believe in BHZ but it gives an idea of whats happening particularly regarding your own relative placement). BUT interestingly my older images retained their better ranking, and my new images took on the worse ranking. Hence in my case anyway, my older images rank better than my newer ones if I take pictures of the same thing. 

4. Also, many of my best sellers are repeat sellers and many newspapers etc keep them as "stock images" and roll them out whenever they run a piece on the same topic. I have a few that have sold more than 30 times)The older images obviously do better.

Thats about it

Comments?

Cheers

Kumar

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hi Andrew! OK, so in fact I found that I had the figures and it's been easy to update them, so; here are my numbers, slightly approx.,

A: 2700

B: 4320

😄 4500

😧 3120

E: 2200

F: 1050

G: 850

H: 1250

J: 540

K: 1030

M: 1035

P: 620

R: 510

T: 820

W: 37 and counting

Points to note: 

1. A-F comprise 2/3 of my total numbers so not unsurprising they are my main sellers (12-15 years ago, with the smaller numbers being submitted one prefix could last for nearly 2 years!

2. G to W are: 6692 (27% of collection, 24% of sales last month)

3. M to W are: 3022 (12% of collection, 5% of sales)

I think many factors are in play here:

1. Many of my most recent submissions are much more purely travel - thats what I like taking most, but they may not sell quite as well as the more "bread and butter" images of stock photography

2. What SpaceCadet said

3. Remember that disaster that happened 5/12/2016 when there was a complete mess up of ranking, search engine etc. etc. Prior to that I had been on p1 of BHZ (only just finally got there!!). After the 6 months or so it took Alamy to sort that out my ranking had clearly dropped and I have been p4 BHZ ever since (you may/may not believe in BHZ but it gives an idea of whats happening particularly regarding your own relative placement). BUT interestingly my older images retained their better ranking, and my new images took on the worse ranking. Hence in my case anyway, my older images rank better than my newer ones if I take pictures of the same thing. 

4. Also, many of my best sellers are repeat sellers and many newspapers etc keep them as "stock images" and roll them out whenever they run a piece on the same topic. I have a few that have sold more than 30 times)The older images obviously do better.

Thats about it

Comments?

Cheers

Kumar

Thanks for your really detailed response. I'll read and process in more detail tomorrow. 

16 hours ago, Doc said:

Comments?

Cheers

Kumar

So basically the difference between old and new isn't as extreme as it first appears, due to the fact that it took a long time for early letters A to F to get used up and so covered a far longer time period than new letters.

Having said that, old images have still been selling better than new, with 62% of images generating 76% of sales. You have given many good reasons for why that might be. There is also the initial delay between submitting, licensing and reporting of sales. 

With many libraries, old images gradually get sent to the back of searches as they age forcing contributors to stay on the treadmill constantly adding more. It doesn't appear to be the case with Alamy. In fact one of your comments may be suggesting the opposite:

I am certainly surprised by this: 

BUT interestingly my older images retained their better ranking, and my new images took on the worse ranking.

I wonder if this 'feature' is widespread across all contributors.

4 hours ago, andremichel said:

So basically the difference between old and new isn't as extreme as it first appears, due to the fact that it took a long time for early letters A to F to get used up and so covered a far longer time period than new letters.

Having said that, old images have still been selling better than new, with 62% of images generating 76% of sales. You have given many good reasons for why that might be. There is also the initial delay between submitting, licensing and reporting of sales. 

With many libraries, old images gradually get sent to the back of searches as they age forcing contributors to stay on the treadmill constantly adding more. It doesn't appear to be the case with Alamy. In fact one of your comments may be suggesting the opposite:

I am certainly surprised by this: 

BUT interestingly my older images retained their better ranking, and my new images took on the worse ranking.

I wonder if this 'feature' is widespread across all contributors.

I'd be toast without my older (and old) images that keep reselling. My oldies also tend to retain their rankings, especially those that have licensed, which is a real plus.