No sales, no zooms, no views

My screen measures at 200 cd/m2 (using i1Pro) which is probably a bit bright, but my room is reasonably lit.

For a simple comparison

A white sheet of photo paper when placed horizontal on a nearby table gives a metered exposure of 1/8th at f/8 ISO 400

My monitor screen, when displaying 100% white gives a metered exposure of 1/60th at f/8 ISO 400

So white on my monitor screen appears about 8x brighter than white on photo-paper in the room where my computer is.

But, if I was inspecting prints I'd take them somewhere brighter, which (coincidentally?) I find also meters at 1/60th f/8 ISO 400.

NB. I'm not saying my monitor setting is right or wrong, I'm just reporting what it is.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

I think the important thing is to have consistency in the ambient lighting so it is not ideal to work in a room where light levels and colour of the light change significantly throughout the day. 

1 hour ago, KODAKovic said:

Alamy, as OP it's time to close this post

Yeah, next thing you know people will be posting Off Topic stuff like " I'd like to feel free to point out on crystal-clear un-professional methods i'm seeing here about Alamy Measures issue management. " . . . oh . . . wait . . .

DD

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, MDM said:

I think the important thing is to have consistency in the ambient lighting so it is not ideal to work in a room where light levels and colour of the light change significantly throughout the day. 

Yeah, unfortunately I do work in a room with highly variable ambient brightness and source. Unfortunately nothing I can do about it.

14 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Mine are at 100 cd /m2

When I was working in a brighter room they were a bit higher.

wim

Mine is now adjusted to ~100

I do seem to have taken this thread somewhat off-topic though :D

Last one out, turn off the li------------------------------------------

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, alexandersr said:

Zooms  are linked with sales?

Not directly. Some zooms can be linked with a specific sale. Some sales may have arisen from a zoom but it is not clear as there may be along interval between the two. Many sales are made without the image concerned ever being zoomed at all.

There is an indirect link in that your past zooms/sales ratio may give a rough indication of forthcoming sales. Over the years I have had a ratio of one sale for every four zooms, although that seems to have reduced substantially in recent months. Different contributors will report different ratios and yours may be different again.

16 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Not directly. Some zooms can be linked with a specific sale. Some sales may have arisen from a zoom but it is not clear as there may be along interval between the two. Many sales are made without the image concerned ever being zoomed at all.

There is an indirect link in that your past zooms/sales ratio may give a rough indication of forthcoming sales. Over the years I have had a ratio of one sale for every four zooms, although that seems to have reduced substantially in recent months. Different contributors will report different ratios and yours may be different again.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, alexandersr said:

Zooms  are linked with sales?

Zooms are linked with interest in your images, in that they are perhaps being considered for purchase. A step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

Last week zooms (and therefore CTR) are improving a lot on my case.

Did they change algo? What's your experience?

My zooms have also jumped this week and I have also had the first sale of the month today