Jump to content
Matt Ashmore

Favourite photos uploaded February 2019

Recommended Posts

February might be just an hour or two old but it's snowed so I had a quick walk around outside with a camera and uploaded to Live News. I quite like these two. RX100M3 in night scene mode for the first time ever (for me) proved a mixed bag.. these two were saved JPEG in camera (didn't save as RAW for some reason).

 

rh0rt1.jpg

 

rh0rt2.jpg

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunset over the sea of fog around the Rigi mountain, Switzerland.

(E-M1 II, 8mm PRO)

sunset-over-clouds-P8NDA9.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No snow in Edinburgh but - very unusually - the Water of Leith and the whole of Albert Dock basin is frozen over this morning.

leith-edinburgh-scotland-united-kingdom-

 

leith-edinburgh-scotland-united-kingdom-

Edited by Sally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

February might be just an hour or two old but it's snowed so I had a quick walk around outside with a camera and uploaded to Live News. I quite like these two. RX100M3 in night scene mode for the first time ever (for me) proved a mixed bag.. these two were saved JPEG in camera (didn't save as RAW for some reason).

 

rh0rt1.jpg

 

rh0rt2.jpg

 

 

I think the night mode only makes jpegs. Might be the same with other special modes.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sally said:

No snow in Edinburgh but - very unusually - the Water of Leith and the whole of Albert Dock basin is frozen over this morning.

leith-edinburgh-scotland-united-kingdom-

 

leith-edinburgh-scotland-united-kingdom-

 

Hope you didn't try going for a walk.:)

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RH6DYW.jpg Took this one of my town - unusual for me as I don't lean towards landscapes.  I was not even sure there would be anything to photograph as visibility wasn't brilliant but glad I made the effort and I am quite pleased with this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Hope you didn't try going for a walk.:)

 

Allan

 

 

No way - hard enough for gulls to slip around on but doubt it would hold a human :)

You never know - curling may be possible again the way things are going

Edited by Sally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

RH6DYW.jpg Took this one of my town - unusual for me as I don't lean towards landscapes.  I was not even sure there would be anything to photograph as visibility wasn't brilliant but glad I made the effort and I am quite pleased with this one.

 

Nice shot. Where you in a helicopter?

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Nice shot. Where you in a helicopter?

 

Allan

 

 

Thank you.

No helicopter just a very steep valley side - which I am fortunate enough to live up as well.  It does make for nice shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starsphinx said:

Thank you.

No helicopter just a very steep valley side - which I am fortunate enough to live up as well.  It does make for nice shots.

 

I know you have health problems from your previous posts but walking down to church and back Sundays must help to keep you fit.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

I know you have health problems from your previous posts but walking down to church and back Sundays must help to keep you fit.

 

Allan

 

 

I am not sure there are services in St Mary - it is a historical building (lots in Bradford on Avon are) and just happens to have this fantastic view - its probably about half to 3/4 of a mile from me - and not too much hill as I also live "up top".  The whole bit where its located is very picturesque - views, old buildings, plants, birds etc.  
Photography certainly helps me keep fit - it gives me a reason to go out,  motivates me to get moving - I even run if I have to lol.  Then on the days where the body is not working I can sift through my files and if there isn't anything wait to be done (there nearly always is lol) I will go back over archives and look at shots taken a while ago and maybe reprocess some of them where I feel I have developed a better understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picnic table with BBQ set up in rainforest creek, Dinden National Park, near Cairns, Queensland, Australia. No MR or PR Stock Photo

 

BBQ picnic in rainforest creek, Queensland, Australia. Lovely cool way to spend a hot summer Sunday. Photo from a couple of weeks ago but I've only recently had time to get it through keywording and on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

duplicated (if your post doesn't appear immediately, give it a minute...)

Edited by Phil Robinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taken from our bedroom window - may disappear as it's a live news shot :unsure:

 

penshaw-uk-3rd-february-2019-red-sky-and 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 09:49, Starsphinx said:

RH6DYW.jpg Took this one of my town - unusual for me as I don't lean towards landscapes.  I was not even sure there would be anything to photograph as visibility wasn't brilliant but glad I made the effort and I am quite pleased with this one.

 

You should be pleased. Wish it were mine. Wonderful atmosphere/feeling to this shot. The colour cast, fog, snow, is perfect for the subject matter. Looks like a Monet.

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/56.135.6/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every day, dozens of tourists snap this scene in the Vancouver Public Library, but I like this image anyway.

 

atrium-of-the-vancouver-public-library-2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few more archive, as they seem to sell reasonably

A fellow student on a train in South London, Autumn 1979

RGHHN9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Every day, dozens of tourists snap this scene in the Vancouver Public Library, but I like this image anyway.

 

But they don't all upload the images to Alamy. I've sold a photo of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris before now and goodness knows how many tourists have photographed that!.. you have to be in it to win it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

 

But they don't all upload the images to Alamy. I've sold a photo of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris before now and goodness knows how many tourists have photographed that!.. you have to be in it to win it!

 

For sure. Most well-known landmarks have been photographed zillions of times. I try to update those types of images as often as possible, even if it doesn't earn marks for originality.  Things are constantly changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gdańsk last week, mmm grzane, hot chocolate, cytrynowka

RH4WCW.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glacier cave, Switzerland.

(E-M1 II, 7-14 PRO)

ice-cave-P8KDEX.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the market last Sunday:

people-listen-to-a-band-playing-live-music-at-the-nightcliff-market-in-darwin-australia-RHM3GY.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barron River in full flow during the heaviest monsoon in hundred years. 

Cairns, Far North Queensland, Australia

 

RHPM3N.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.