Favourite photos uploaded February 2019

Matt Ashmore

Not the most exciting subject.. but I was bored and a pack of light bulbs on the kitchen window sill was calling to me! And with over 200,000 hits for "light bulb and over 100,000 hits for "lightbulb" on Alamy alone, I'd be amazed if it ever sells. But this was taken in one of those cheepo light tent things that you can buy off Ebay or Amazon which has a line of LED lights along the top which are powered by a USB cable.... so I'm quite pleased with how this has come out.

RK9C1K.jpg

It was fabulously sunny on Sunday along the Berwickshire coast. There are a number of these memorials in small fishing villages commemorating a 1881 fishing disaster when 189 fishermen from villages along the coast lost their lives. In the tiny village of Cove, here, 11 of 28 fishermen were lost. The sculptor has researched the widows and orphans and created individualised bronzes in each village to represent those who were affected.

cove-fishing-disaster-1881-memorial-of-w

On 2/13/2019 at 08:33, spacecadet said:

1961 Mini Cooper S in Beverley

RKBBG9.jpg

Nice portrait. I actually owned that car (Cooper S)  in the late 60's. It was great fun to drive, but it spent as much time in the garage as it did on the road. It was also a ridiculous car for Montreal (where I was living at the time) winters -- no heating to speak of, clearance too low for driving in the snow, etc. Loved it all the same, though.

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

I actually owned that car (Cooper S)  in the late 60's. It was great fun to drive, but it spent as much time in the garage as it did on the road. It was also a ridiculous car for Montreal (where I was living at the time) winters -- no heating to speak of, clearance too low for driving in the snow, etc. Loved it all the same, though.

A friend had one in the 80s. It was like riding in a tin can. Classic cars are great, but practical? Hmm. Life's too short to grease the suspension.

Archived