Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, andremichel said:

I had a direct sale from Alamy today that makes microstock look generous. I really don't understand what they were thinking when they agreed that price.

 

My lowest ever on Alamy.

I had the same kind of sale today. Minuscule rate for multiple uses, in perpetuity...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roman t said:

First sale of the year! My new low.

 

aerial-view-of-new-york-city-with-east-r

 

NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity.

$1.23 gross

That`s insanely low!! I`m new to stock photography and seeing this makes me question my decision to get into it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Doc said:

Congratulations John!

 

Kumar

 

Thank you. I had a refund of another image show up today, so technically I guess I'm back to 999. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Thank you. I had a refund of another image show up today, so technically I guess I'm back to 999. :lol:

Maybe an interesting comparison between your numbers and mine. I hit 1000 sales a few months ago (currently on 1085) but my total revenues are only half yours.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Thank you. I had a refund of another image show up today, so technically I guess I'm back to 999. :lol:

Doh!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't complain about how this year started but now I've had another of those ridiculous novel use sales. This description does not sound like a novel use to me.....

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 January 2019
End: 10 January 2024
NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity.

 

 

EWM1KJ.jpg

Keel-billed Toucan in the Central Park Zoo, New York City, USA

 

I am at Alamy because I don't want to sell for microstock prices. I am definitely opting out of novel use in April.

 

Paulette

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first sale of the year and actually a picture that I like for a change (rather than a boring shop front :) ).

Like Paulette above, Novel Use however ... so oh well!

 

The Seogyo-Dong, Hongdae area of Seoul in South Korea, busy with people at night.Stock Photo

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

My first sale of the year and actually a picture that I like for a change (rather than a boring shop front :) ).

Like Paulette above, Novel Use however ... so oh well!

 

The Seogyo-Dong, Hongdae area of Seoul in South Korea, busy with people at night.Stock Photo

Congrats - a very recently uploaded one by the looks of it - where was it taken?

 

Kumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Congrats - a very recently uploaded one by the looks of it - where was it taken?

 

Kumar

 

Thanks Kumar.. yes it is very recent. It was taken in Seoul, South Korea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sharon said:

That`s insanely low!! I`m new to stock photography and seeing this makes me question my decision to get into it.

Yeah, that's on par with micro site sales.  Most of the sales here, though, are higher but farther in between than on micro.

The prices will continue their decline. Eventually photographs will be free of charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Icicles on a fountain. Didn't have to travel far for this one, it's taken in our garden! Personal use sale. 

 

icicles-on-a-fountain-in-a-garden-pond-B

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little did I know when I collected these dolls (many years ago) that 'troll' would come to be such a well used term!

 

troll-doll-collection-of-dolls-AB7R7C.jp

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always want to know what search terms were used when things like this sell......

 

DYA0DK.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

I always want to know what search terms were used when things like this sell......

 

DYA0DK.jpg

 

Ehh look in your Pseudonym Summary?

If you want to search someone else's image, try every keyword/phrase until you have the image land on the upper part of the first page. Consider using the New tab.

If you know the date you could trawl through AoA. Sales may only appear there after weeks/months even, and only a small part of searches do appear as having resulted in a sale for a whole lot of reasons. So a simple long trawl may just be as useful. Only with the apliccable keywords of course and don't forget words that are in the caption only.

So for this image it could well have been:

Any keyword plus Maidstone.

Happy bin - my first guess, but it's not in AoA for the rolling month.

 

wim

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A rare (for me) plant sale, came across this tree in a park near my place

books and magazines, mid $$, direct sale

 

close-up-of-red-fall-foliage-of-a-sourwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First sale of the year, one very wet, soggy horse..

 

a-rain-soaked-thoroughbred-horse-looks-o

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NYCat said:

I can't complain about how this year started but now I've had another of those ridiculous novel use sales. This description does not sound like a novel use to me.....

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 January 2019
End: 10 January 2024
NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity.

 

 

EWM1KJ.jpg

Keel-billed Toucan in the Central Park Zoo, New York City, USA

 

I am at Alamy because I don't want to sell for microstock prices. I am definitely opting out of novel use in April.

 

Paulette

 

 

Sales like those were the main reason I opted of NU a few years ago. They look like regular editorial ones to me.

 

Beautiful toucan image BTW. Mother Nature really excelled with tropical birds. Such brilliant colours.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Sales like those were the main reason I opted of NU a few years ago. They look like regular editorial ones to me.

 

Beautiful toucan image BTW. Mother Nature really excelled with tropical birds. Such brilliant colours.

 

 

Thank you, John. Zoos can present some good opportunities. It's not the way I would ordinarily compose that shot but there was something on the left I had to keep out of the shot. It leaves some nice copy space on the right so not necessarily a bad thing to need to make adjustments.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First sale of the year, or first 2 sales of the year. 

It seems to of gone through twice, same photo, for the same amount on the same day!! hmm.

Both a reasonable $$ :)

tradition-mud-cow-racing-sport-pacu-jawi

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 79Photography said:

First sale of the year, or first 2 sales of the year. 

It seems to of gone through twice, same photo, for the same amount on the same day!! hmm.

Both a reasonable $$ :)

tradition-mud-cow-racing-sport-pacu-jawi

Great photo - lovely freeze of action

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically sold in December 2018 only to be refunded and re-sold January for the same license for an extra 6 whole cents :rolleyes:

 

Business men pondering success and failure on a snakes and ladders board a problem solving conceptStock Photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

Great photo - lovely freeze of action

Thanks Starsphinx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JGXKF5.jpg

 

 

Italy, Editorial Website, Duration: One year, bulk discount, flat rate per image

 

Pathetic $2.19 gross for the first sale of the year. Commission is $1.54 leaving me with 65 cents!

Edited by Hellonearth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Birds eye view of Robin Hood Gardens housing estate: Poplar, London.Stock Photo

 

First of the year. 

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.