Had an Alamywhack today

Stokie

I had an Alamywhack today, whereby a two word search only returned 1 image.

It was zoomed as well so hopefully it will turn into a sale.

I think that's the first Alamywhack i've had!

Anybody else had any?

John.

21 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I had an Alamywhack today, whereby a two word search only returned 1 image.

It was zoomed as well so hopefully it will turn into a sale.

I think that's the first Alamywhack i've had!

Anybody else had any?

John.

Strangely enough I had one yesterday too. It was a four word search which produced 14 images of mine which was also the sum of the total views with one zoom.

I will wait in anticipation.....

Jim.

5 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Don't know, but Good Luck !

What was it a picture of ?

Yeah I know it's a secret !

It was a picture of................ a two word search!!! ;)

Not an Alamywhack but similar two word search with 25 images showing of which about half were not even for the search requested.

Guess what I did?

Allan

37 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Not an Alamywhack but similar two word search with 25 images showing of which about half were not even for the search requested.

Guess what I did?

Allan

I don't know, go on tell us!!!

John.

Four in the last month.  Three were for the same subject so I suppose it only really counts as two.  None zoomed :(

I do get quite a few where my images are the only matches on Alamy but, knowing that, I'll upload two or three variations on the theme so, strictly speaking, not Alamywhacks.  They often turn into sales.  The benefits of shooting obscure subjects :)

6 hours ago, John Richmond said:

Four in the last month.  Three were for the same subject so I suppose it only really counts as two.  None zoomed :(

I do get quite a few where my images are the only matches on Alamy but, knowing that, I'll upload two or three variations on the theme so, strictly speaking, not Alamywhacks.  They often turn into sales.  The benefits of shooting obscure subjects :)

Search "Obscure" brings up 35,426 images.;)

Allan

There are still some surprising whackworthy gaps on Alamy. I spend a lot of time lurking around Westminster and I am often surprised how few/absent are the pics of some MPs. The pic I mentioned above was of a Tory MP and I was amazed that there were NO images of him on Alamy before my two. Mind you, his name is spellt funny so he might be there somewhere misspellt. 

3 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

The pic I mentioned above was of a Tory MP and I was amazed that there were NO images of him on Alamy before my two. Mind you, his name is spellt funny

Jeremy Hunt?

Alan

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 13/10/2018 at 17:13, Phil Robinson said:

There are still some surprising whackworthy gaps on Alamy. I spend a lot of time lurking around Westminster and I am often surprised how few/absent are the pics of some MPs. The pic I mentioned above was of a Tory MP and I was amazed that there were NO images of him on Alamy before my two. Mind you, his name is spellt funny so he might be there somewhere misspellt

It's funny how you've misspelt spelt. 😉

'Spellt Funny' sure is a strange name. 😉😊

So that's when only your images are returned from a search? Or when only one result is returned?

I've had the former happen only twice in the last year (just checked) and both times it was for the same search. It didn't result in any sale either.

Was for a specific insect species.

1 hour ago, LarsMadsen said:

So that's when only your images are returned from a search? Or when only one result is returned?

I've had the former happen only twice in the last year (just checked) and both times it was for the same search. It didn't result in any sale either.

Was for a specific insect species.

not sure this was ever defined.  I did get a 2 word search where they only 6 results were mine, from one shoot.  More important, it was also a sale reported a few weeks later.