How long did it take you to make 1000 sales?

Hi, 

Four small sales today pushed me over the big 1000 sales milestone on alamy. 

I joined Feb 2010, so it took me just under 8 years and 7 months to get there.

How long did it take you? 

Andy

Hi Andy,

I cant yet answer to your question if you know what i mean but i cant resist to add that i am not surprised that you made it to 1000. You have amazingly processed photos with superb quality. You can directly see the care and effort in the photos. Love your port.

Congratulations.

Mirco

44 minutes ago, MircoV said:

Hi Andy,

I cant yet answer to your question if you know what i mean but i cant resist to add that i am not surprised that you made it to 1000. You have amazingly processed photos with superb quality. You can directly see the care and effort in the photos. Love your port.

Congratulations.

Mirco

Thanks Mirco. You are too kind. I don't think I deserve such praise. 🤔

1 hour ago, andremichel said:

Hi, 

Four small sales today pushed me over the big 1000 sales milestone on alamy. 

I joined Feb 2010, so it took me just under 8 years and 7 months to get there.

How long did it take you? 

Andy

Congratulations Andy! A good milestone to have passed!

Kumar

Great work. (photos I mean). And congratulations on passing 1000 sales.

I joined Alamy in November 2008, as you can see under my avatar, and am too ashamed of my sales record to put it up here.

Allan

Hope to see you at the Cambridge group meet-up in October. Look out for email coming in September.

ITMA

3 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

Very good images indeed. I need some time to reach your sale figures.

Just one typo remark. You have several Crystal Palace at Beun Retiro Park, Madrid, Spain.  and It should be Buen Retiro

Jorge

Thanks for spotting that. Much appreciated. 

I joined in 2005 but only really started in 2006.  I got to 1000 sales in 2015, so nine years.  Of course this is affected by ramp-up time to get images up. 

I'm at 1441 sales now, and about 150 sales per year.  This rate has been steady since 2011 in spite adding images constantly.

I joined in June 2005 and uploaded a high proportion of my portfolio in the first few years. Sales fairly quickly rose to about 15 a month but have been in decline considerably over the last few years. It would take some effort to figure out when I crossed the 1000 sales mark, but its just over 1500 to-day.

Congratulations! Extrapolating from my sales from this year, it will take 10 years, though I seem to be averaging more sales in recent months. If I can keep up the upload rate it might take less......

Archived