So how is your 2018 going, eh?

10 hours ago, Marb said:

To be fair you had made it very very small. Anyway, sorry for misunderstanding you all the same.

No worries. :) 

Keep going, Marb. It's a long game, I think I'll be pulling in regular sales by 2020! 

look at the quality. 

Thank you. 

On 7/17/2018 at 19:47, Brasilnut said:

No worries. :) 

Keep going, Marb. It's a long game, I think I'll be pulling in regular sales by 2020! 

Thank you. 

Thanks but it's discouraging that I am hitting well below my average when I am adding the images so not much motivation at all after 2 months (and counting) sales drought

Thanks but it's discouraging that I am hitting well below my average when I am adding the images so not much motivation at all after 2 months (and counting) sales drought

You've got 1866 images. I'll probably upload that many in the next 3 months! 

Lots going on all the time, if not in Marlbourough then perhaps Bath, Swindon, Bristol, Newbury etc....gogogo!!

I'm probably hitting about average due to my own laziness in the beginning with crap images and spamming keywords...only recently have I got this train back on track.

28 minutes ago, Brasilnut said:

You've got 1866 images. I'll probably upload that many in the next 3 months! 

Lots going on all the time, if not in Marlbourough then perhaps Bath, Swindon, Bristol, Newbury etc....gogogo!!

I'm probably hitting about average due to my own laziness in the beginning with crap images and spamming keywords...only recently have I got this train back on track.

I hear ya! I am trying my best to get alot of old stuff on here and shoot abit, and I work full time and still find time to box a couple hours every day...so ya, it's what you make it.

1 hour ago, Marb said:

I actually just made a sale but now my lowest threshold of just $6 which is on microstock levels. 

But it's a sale! Be thankful for every sale. I still jump around the house when I make a sale, it's a great feeling. Yes, low prices suck, but every little helps...

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

But it's a sale! Be thankful for every sale. I still jump around the house when I make a sale, it's a great feeling. Yes, low prices suck, but every little helps...

Indeed it does.

On 7/23/2018 at 15:59, geogphotos said:

Yes so I noticed. Alamy has to compete with microstock prices.

Well I just had an end of month cheeky sale which is great, but again only £9 so prices seem to be decreasing sadly.

After a slow first 6 months, July was my best month ever with 16 sales and highest net income... (best month before was April 2017 with 11 where 5 images where sold to the same client....)

It started with 9 sales in one go (same client probably) a few more sales and finishing with 2 sales for one client...

This record month actually saved my statistics for the the first half of the year...

A sale for a museum really boosted the net income...

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Marb said:

My bank account tells me my bills can't be paid with positivity. if only they could.

so what are you doing about it?

9 hours ago, Marb said:

Well so far it's just tumbleweed. The more I upload, the more my CTR drops like a stone month to month. Since April the graph reads like a downward ski slope :(

A dropping CTR can still give you sales, you need to upload more and be patient. Sales can be in a long pipeline before they get reported, but it's no good

waiting for them to drop in, you need to be proactive in your approach. You need a plan. In another post you talked about depression, been there and got the t-shirt myself. 

It was my doctor that got me into Photography, suggesting i get lots of fresh air and exercise, and focus on something. I picked photography and that helped me get through my depression.

Good luck, and don't give up.

Craig.

4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

There's a really good one by the Corrs too. My favorite rendition.

My favorite song by REM is a totally different one. ;-)

Kate Pierson!

wim

Lovely version of the song, thanks for the link Wim.    I also really like the one with Kate Pierson, such a fun song.

Maria

Archived